Is 10:50 AM flight too early?

nycruise

Arrival is not the same as allowed to get off the ship. That said you are going to be in FLL so it is a quick trip to the airport. I have seen people actually make 10:00 flights So if all goes even reasonably well you will be fine but be sure to be off the ship as early as possible.

My sister and her husband had no problem making an 11am flight a couple weeks ago .....but that was out of Miami and off of the Majesty which is a smaller ship! As for myself I have never flown back the same day...sorry! but I have disembarked several times in Lauderdale and if all goes well you should be ok!

its earlier than I would try to get there but if you are in one of the first groups off the ship and get there quickly you should be fine. We typically avoid those flights just so we dont spend the whole last day worrying about making the flight the next am

• 2 weeks later...
Barring any problems, we have been off the ship at 7:30. You might make it. I would have to look at the next option. If a long wait, I would go for it.

On my last cruise on RCI, we docked at 7:00, but were not able to disembark until 9:45. The words 'barring any problems' cover a WHOLE lot of territory. I strongly advise anyone against expecting that it is normal to get off a ship by 7:30. I've cruised 20+ times and generally the ships cleared around 8:00 at the very earliest, usually closer to 9:00 and sometimes later.

so what are the odds of me making a 9:30 AM flight from FLL . IOS in Feb and just realized that I booked the 9:30 AM flight and not the 10:45 AM flight right below it, changing it would cost me $500 :mad:

I'm hoping if we have a problem making the flight or trip insurance will cover us.

so what are the odds of me making a 9:30 AM flight from FLL . IOS in Feb and just realized that I booked the 9:30 AM flight and not the 10:45 AM flight right below it, changing it would cost me $500 :mad:

I'm hoping if we have a problem making the flight or trip insurance will cover us.

IMO, the odds are slim and none. IF the ship is on time, IF customs clears the ship within 30 minutes, IF you carry off all your luggage yourself, IF you can grab a cab immediately, you might make it to the airport by 8:30 AM. Then you have to check in and get through airport security.

I wouldn't want to worry about it all week :(. Bite the bullet and schedule a later flight.

I don't think any travel insurance will cover your booking too early.

(BTW, the late morning and early afternoon flights cost more for a reason :eek: .)

I'd call your insurance provider and find out.

While your situation isn't impossible, it isn't a situation I'd like to find myself in.

I lucked out. Called Jetblue and they let me change for free. Told them their site crashed and I booked the flights in reverse. That was a close one. Now we have a 3:30 PM light and hours to kill in Fy Laud with all our luggage. Any suggestions?

Archived