Carry on wine with Holland

Mauizach

Assuming you can still bring wine onboard on Holland, it been along time between Holland cruises. Does anyone know of a Wine Shop within walking distance of the cruise ship dock area in San Diego, or between the airport and the port?:confused: Also can anyone update me on Holland carry-on policy about wine, ie how many, in carry on or check bags, etc...

I am trying not to bring any on the plane with the new luggage weight guidline I can hardly tell my wife to leave all the clothes and shoes. Telling her they are too heavy, then pack wine...That will not go over well! Help please,,,,

Thanks..Ralphs will work out nice...I thank I am going to be happy back on Holland again.

You can bring on as much wine and champagne as you like -- no limits on HAL for those items.

There is a Ralphs not far from the ship. I don;t remember their street -- we went there from the Embassy Suites for a few things.

Someone will be along shortly to give you the directions to Ralph's.

Ralph's will even give you a nice bag to carry your wine back to the ship (if you buy six bottles). They have a pretty good selection if you aren't into fancy French wines and will go with decent California wine.

Gsel, thanks California wines are great, I have tried wines from all over the world and they will hold up to any. People get caught up on labels too often. We have a White Port in Arizona that is regularly sent to the White House. Good wines can be found anywhere. Ralph's is fine we visited them last year in LA before leaving port. I did not know about the six wine bag, thanks for the tip.

Ralph's will even give you a nice bag to carry your wine back to the ship (if you buy six bottles). They have a pretty good selection if you aren't into fancy French wines and will go with decent California wine.

We stay at the Holiday Inn on the Bay in San Diego, and have walked up to Ralph's, its about 20 minutes or so IIRC. The hotel gave us printed directions, which were easy to follow. There are cabs waiting outside if you wish. We always buy way too much to carry back, wine, water, soda, and any other incidentals we may have forgotten.

You can still bring as much as you would like, we buy 2 boxes for the cabin, and DH likes to purchase Cabs or Shiraz for the formal nights.

Thanks for the comments on Ralph's. We like to buy wine at the various ports and were wondering if anyone has been on the French Polynesia cruises? What was the cost of wine there? From other threads, I gather it is an expensive area. We will pick up wine in Hawaii as the grocery stores carry a reasonable selection at reasonable prices.

Archived