Stock Price CCL, kicking myself!!

Montia65

Well I been on the boards for only a few months. I had read about the CCL stock and how you can get shipboard credits with them. I was thinking back in Sept to invest in some of their stock. Price back on 1 Sept was 45.64. I look at it now and its up to 52.08. With a minimum 100 shares, that is $70 in 2 months!! Or about a dollar a day. I have the deer in the headlights look now....any suggestions?

I started over a month ago to think about buying CCL stock. I opened an Ameritrade account over 30 days ago when the stock was close to $47.00 a share. I put in a bid of $45.00 something for 100 shares. Unfortuately it kept going up, so then I increased my offer to $47 and change and it still keeps going up:mad: Maybe if I canceled my 4 cruises the stock would go down:rolleyes:

I really don't want to raise my bid offer then for sure once I bought it at 52 plus a share it would then drop to $45

I am just a few weeks late, I guess I am just not good in the stock market, so another word I better keep my day job:D

I actually put in a buy order in for the stock when I heard of the shipboard credit a few months back. The price was $40.30 and in a moment of greed I didn't buy at market price but put a buy order in at $40.00. It never executed and now I lost a $1200 gain and still have no shipboard credit. Poorist me!

Not too many years ago Carnival stock was dropping ($25, $24) and I thought of buying ($23, $22). I decided when it got to $20 I was going to clean up ($23, $24). It never got down to $20. :(

Shoulda bought at $22. :mad:

We bought CCL stock at around 28. A couple of days after 911 President Bush asked people to purchase stock to help the market. I bought more CCL at 18 and Mr. Gizmo bought at 19. :) :)

Wish we had bought more, but we are happy with our profits.

We bought our CCL stock $20.25 in Sept of 2000. The dividend has just been increaded .10 a year. We have been on 14 HAL cruises since 2000 and love having the on board credit. We are leaving Nov. 20 on the Prinsendam for a 28 day Amazon cruise and have a voucher in our Docs for $250. Penny

Could someone explain the ship board credits related to owning CCl stock, or a web site? I gather that ther is a $100 shipboard credit if you own at least 100 shares? As the credit would be tax free, it has an even higher value!

Thanks.

We bought the stock at 18-7/8, when they still used fractions instead of dollars and cents.

It has risen quite nicely since then and pays a dividend as well. Unfortunately for us, with our dollar going up, or less down, whichever way you want to put it, we are losing money now. You just can't have it both ways.

Now you can book on Princess and also profit from the shipboard credit there as well. Nice bonus.

It is one of the very best performing stocks we have bought. Better than those former blue chip companies like Nortel, Bombardier, etc.

The shipboard credit for the CCL stock and on all of their ships is:

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer----$250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days----$100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailing of 6 days or less----$50

You must have 100 shares or more of stock.......Penny

I need to know how and where to contact someone with regards to buying stock. We own Celebrity stock and have used it on our cruises with them. I love it. Could someone tell me where to get the forms to buy stock? I emailed Carnival, and have not received any reply for 2 weeks now. HELP

Archived