Excursion question - Princess

Rob&Nancy

I did email this question to my TA, but thought I would ask the REAL experts! :D

This is our first Princess cruise, and I just finished reserving our excursions. There doesn't seem to be any way to pay for them in advance, as we did on RC and Celebrity. Does this mean we'll be seeing a huge honkin' bill at the end of the cruise?:eek: I would love to pay for them ahead of time and be done with it - anyone know whether that's do-able?

Thanks!

Nope, Princess doesn't apply it to your account until you get on board. The good news on that, is that if you decide to cancel you don't have to worry about refunds because you were never charged. If you don't want to hassle it, just put the money in an envelope and go to the Purser's desk the first day and pay for it that way.

Or if any ports of call are canceled during your cruise and you had excursions reserved, they automatically refund your onboard account....very smooth and easy.

We had 2 ports of call canceled on our recent trip to the Panama Canal.

Hope you don't have the same experience. But if it does happen, getting refunds is effortless!

Nope, Princess doesn't apply it to your account until you get on board. The good news on that, is that if you decide to cancel you don't have to worry about refunds because you were never charged. If you don't want to hassle it, just put the money in an envelope and go to the Purser's desk the first day and pay for it that way.

The way to pay for them ahead of time is to give yourself some credits to your shipboard account. You can do that by phoning Princess on their 800 number, and gift yourself a "gift' of cash to your account. Easy to do...and makes the final bill smaller.

The way to pay for them ahead of time is to give yourself some credits to your shipboard account. You can do that by phoning Princess on their 800 number, and gift yourself a "gift' of cash to your account. Easy to do...and makes the final bill smaller.

Sweet! What a great idea. Thank you, I never would have thought of that! I do hate the idea of having a HUGE bill waiting at the end of the cruise - the bar bill is generally enough on it own! :D

Thanks for the suggestion!

As I was reading down the responses, I was thinking the same thing and there you were with the response I was going to give. Great answer, if I do say so myself.

Archived