Star is late in arriving

CruzinNoony

I checked a site that had Star in tomorrow.....nor THAT'S late.

Yes, thanks for the information. I just called Wanda to make sure they didn't have the Doc scheduled for any appointments today (he and wife on ship).

I wonder? an early flight out not such a good idea?

I checked a site that had Star in tomorrow.....nor THAT'S late.

Yes, thanks for the information. I just called Wanda to make sure they didn't have the Doc scheduled for any appointments today (he and wife on ship).

I wonder? an early flight out not such a good idea?

Chuck, no the new Star cruise is supposed to start today as as I said above that IrishJayne is supposed to be on that one. And there is Peg also trying to get everyone off and check in the new people. Boy she will have some stories to tell.

Marilyn

We are also sailing today. We were going to leave the East Bay about 9:45 this morning but certainly no sense in doing that now. Will probably delay by at least an hour. The Embarcadero arounbd pier 35 is going to be a real mess. Oh well - it certainly beats working!This will be the 4th year in a row we have sailed form SF and never have had a problem getting on board. 2 0f the last 3 times we sailed late but who cared - we were already on the ship.

Just got off phone with friend currently onboard.. Star is currently between Half Moon Bay and SF and should be arriving in SF by 10:45. Looks like lots of people are going to miss flights home.

Hi, Larry.

I've been watching the bridgecam since 7:30AM EST and thought maybe the camera was stuck. Sharon and Bruce are sailing on the Star today. Any word on why the ship is late arriving?

Chris

Hi, Larry.

I've been watching the bridgecam since 7:30AM EST and thought maybe the camera was stuck. Sharon and Bruce are sailing on the Star today. Any word on why the ship is late arriving?

Chris

50 knot winds started around noon yesterday and continued into early morning. I called cousin who is leaving this morning that ship would be late. She called her TA to tell her and then TA and another friend called Princess to verify the 1045 arrival. Princess CSR told them, what problem and that the shipped was docked in SF.. :eek::eek::eek: Looks like one more piece of infoPrincess CSR's do not have access to. :rolleyes:

I just got a call from Princess that checkin is delayed until 3:00, and that the ship will sail at 5:00 p.m. Doesn't leave much time to check in 2,600 passengers, does it? We were just about to leave to drive up to SF, good thing I got the call when I did.

Hope that there is enough light to see the GG Bridge on the way out!

Karen

We docked at 10:30. All plans were scrapped as to where to meet. They showed movies in all the lounges. I was in an early group. The confusion in the stairwell to get to deck 4 was awful. I stood about 1 hour not moving - off the ship around 1pm. Never have I seen it so bad. They were serving lunch in the buffet at 11;30. It was a very rocky 24hrs. All outside decks were closed off and pools emptied. Never had it this bad.

Looks like she is finally on her way!!!!! I checked in at 7:17pm. Good thing I didn't go out to the Marin headlands. We would have frozen to death by now :eek:

Hopefully the rest of this cruise will be just fabulous for everyone aboard.

Cheers, Denise

:eek:..:eek:..:eek:

This is not right.

I played with the roof cam and wasn't pleased on what it can do.

Seeing into people's windows.

Like a peeping tom. :eek:

1226370851153.jpg

I saw that too!:eek: And could see shadows moving. I quickly got out of there. Then the camera seemed to go wild and moved all over the place. Wind?

Maybe I will look again during the daylight hours. It seems like a pretty neat thing to see images in real time.

Just don't like the window thing...

Archived