We're Going BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BERMUDA

ocngypz

With that in mind, I think it would be very profitable for Celebrity to keep a ship in the NY/NJ area year round by alternating their cruises to Canada and Bermuda when the weather is appropriate and then having Caribbean cruises during the winter months.

I'll drink to that. Especially if it's on an M Class Ship in the Martini Bar!!:D

Anne Maria

In comparing Celebrity's news that the Summit will go to Bermuda and HAL's news that the Veendam will go to Bermuda, I think for us the deal breaker will be to see how many nights Celebrity will dock in Bermuda. I know that the Veendam will dock 4 nights, but up till now no word from Celebrity as to how many nights they will dock.

When we sailed on the NCL Dawn this past summer we docked in Bermuda for 3 nights, since they dilly-dallied on the way down which gave us an extra sea-day a.k.a. ... more revenue for the ship! Definitely would be more interested in the ship that spent the most time in Bermuda...

According to this article, " In July 2010, Celebrity Summit's new Bermuda sailings will alternate with 7-night Canada/New England cruises."

Alright, i think i have it possibly figured out. If this article is true, then i forsee RCI dropping the Grandeur from the 5 day Bermuda runs it makes. Talk on the RCI boards is that in April 2010, the Explorer is being re-deployed, and we will be getting Liberty of the Seas in Bayonne. If RCI keeps the 5/9 day Bermuda/Caribben alernating itinerary it has been, and drops the 5 day Grandeur Bermuda runs, then the Liberty/Summit can alternate weeks in Bermuda instead of the Explorer/Grandeur. It's early, just had my coffee, so this might sould a little jumbled, but makes sense to me. I betcha this is what RCI/Celebrity is planning.

Archived