How do you use your OBC?

tdcjerry

I have, as of now a $150 OBC and it could go up($154) with a fuel surcharge credit.

So how do you use it? does it come in a letter?, does it reduce your on board account at the end of the cruise? or say you do a shore excursion with NCL and say I want to use my OBC. I think I had a $75 OBC on my last cruise, but after 14 days on the ship I forgot.

It should just become a credit on your ship board account -- used to offset any charges that you make, including excursions, bar, purchases, fancy coffee, internet, etc. You don't have to do anything to use it, but you should check to see that it has been credited before settling your bill. It shows on your confirmation, so I would bring a copy of that with me.

It's like a credit on your account. Sometimes it can't be used for the service charge, but I've always spent enough so I didn't have to worry about that. If you request a print off of your charges, you'll see a -$150 for the OBC & +$ charges for drinks, shore excursions, purchases in the stores, etc.

Yep, just sits there the same as if you made a payment on the account. They say you can not use it for service charges, but others have reported that the billing system does not know any better.

In reality, most spend more than that on misc 'stuff' and have no problem with using it up.

That makes it easy for me not to forget, I was just looking at my confirmation letter and on the left side about half way down it says $300 on-board credit per stateroom included. My PCC told me I would get a $150 OBC I'm not saying anything and keeping the $300.

That makes it easy for me not to forget, I was just looking at my confirmation letter and on the left side about half way down it says $300 on-board credit per stateroom included. My PCC told me I would get a $150 OBC I'm not saying anything and keeping the $300.

Hold on to that letter.

Or you could do what another poster recently did. She had an OBC and while talking with NCL somehow they said she no longer had it, even though she had paperwork that said she did. So, after lots of calls I am sure her records SHOW she has been denied the credit. Fair or not, she might now have to battle when she gets onboard.

Leave it along and hope for the best. Let us know later.

The extra credit might be for being a lattitudes member.I booked a cruise for January and got $100 for booking an outside cabin and $100 for being past passenger.If you booked a balcony or above they might have given you the extra amount for booking a higher category.In Oct.they were offering the extra obc.

I have, as of now a $150 OBC and it could go up($154) with a fuel surcharge credit.

So how do you use it? does it come in a letter?, does it reduce your on board account at the end of the cruise? or say you do a shore excursion with NCL and say I want to use my OBC. I think I had a $75 OBC on my last cruise, but after 14 days on the ship I forgot.

you will put everything you purchase on board, be it tours, booze, sur charge dining, whatever on your cabin account and the OBC will be applied at the end. You should have a letter in your cabin upon arrival about the OBC>

Nita

Sometimes a cruise travel agency will match the cruise line's OBC, therefore doubling it (usually mentioned in the ads for the sale of that sailing). That's what happened on my January cruise on Dawn.

I am supposed to receive a $75 OBC directly from NCL for our February 4, 2009 cruise on the Gem. I have already paid for my cruise but haven't received any documentation. Is there any way to verify the NCL OBC is actually on our account before we get on the ship?

We have a Mini Suite.

The sail that ended recently did give $200 for minisuites and then another $100 if you were a latitudes member. (That's what I got also)

I'm not certain if that's what happened with your OBC, but it's a possibility

The sail that ended recently did give $200 for minisuites and then another $100 if you were a latitudes member. (That's what I got also)

That sounds like what is going on, I'll take it, the paper says $300 OBC and we can get drinks the whole cruise and not worry about the cost.

I think that's the answer. I received $300 per cabin OBC for my recent booking of an AF mini-suite on the Jewel. Looks like that's what happened with tdcjerry's booking, too.

Archived