OPEN LETTER TO Mr Stein Kruse, Holland America Cruise Lines Ref MS Veendam assistance

JimVrhovac

When your pictures are posted, I would like to make them into a PhotoShow with your permission.

Bill

Sample: Loreto

http://www.americahurrah.com/PhotoShow/Loreto.htm

Below is a letter that Ruth and I are forwarding to Holland America commending the assistance that the Master and the crew of the MS Veendam gave us in getting charitable supplies to Guatemala:

Thanks Jim and Ruth for sharing your story with the rest of us. I know the feeling of self-satisfaction you must feel as my wife and I used to take supplies to an orphanage on Roatan via cruise ship. Keep up the good work...it is much appreciated by everybody!

When your pictures are posted, I would like to make them into a PhotoShow with your permission.

Bill

Below is a letter that Ruth and I are forwarding to Holland America commending the assistance that the Master and the crew of the MS Veendam gave us in getting charitable supplies to Guatemala:

Drop us an email and we will send you the pictures directly. There is a total of about 30. When we loaded the trailer, at the doc in Tampa. At dock in Guatemala, some of the schools and the kids...

You offer is greatly appreciated as I am all thumbs when it comes to doing things like this...

We also took some movies if you want to do something like that with them...

Ruth & Jim

Thank you, Ruth and Jim.

My email is

billroddy@cox.net

Will do the PhotoShow and send it to you for suggestions before I post it to my web site. (don't have any movie experience.)

Bill

Bill

Drop us an email and we will send you the pictures directly. There is a total of about 30. When we loaded the trailer, at the doc in Tampa. At dock in Guatemala, some of the schools and the kids...

You offer is greatly appreciated as I am all thumbs when it comes to doing things like this...

We also took some movies if you want to do something like that with them...

Ruth & Jim

Jim -- Kudos to you and Ruth and to HAL for helping you to carry out your generous and kind acts. Thank you for sharing your letter; it's nice to know how HAL is so supportive of these types of efforts. Looking forward to meeting you and Ruth on our cruise in January.

Jim and Ruth, you are wonderful people with huge hearts. The children in Guatemala are fortunate to have you as their benefactors, and we'refortunate to have you as CC friends. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Gerry & Honey Bunny

Ruth and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their kind comments.

There are a lot of kind and caring people in this world that want to make a difference but they do not know how. We just acted as a conduit for these people. There were people on the Cruise Critic boards that helped us out.

There is one couple in particular from candada that emailed us and asked if they could help. What did I need. I told them that we were short on Mouses for the computers. Several days later we received a package from Amazon full of new mouses. Gus could not believe it when he opened that box and I told him the story of how they got to him.

We will try to continue our efforts but we made no promises to Gus.

Again thank you everyone for your kind comments.

A special thanks to the people on the MS Veendam and Holland America Cruise Lines that made all this possible.

Ruth & Jim

Way to go you guys!

And just so everyone knows...this is not an unusual event for Capt. Alberta and the Crew of the Veendam!

Last month they did exactly the same thing for us, and 26 other CCers, on our cruise up the Amazon!

We stopped at a small village on the river called Boca De Valeria where we took school supplies ashore for the one-room Community School in the small village.

But more than that...the Crew gathered together a lot of stuff, including a new TV, for the school and the children...between the Crew and the 28 of us... we filled a tender boat with school supplies and stuff for the kids!

So BRAVO! to Ruth and Jim...and the Crew of Veendam for once again bringing joy to children in the out-of-the-way places the ship visits!

You have answered a question for me.

Ruth and I are doing the Amazon, 26 Day, on the Princendam Nov 2009. Captain Albert and Nelly are both going to the Princendam and they will be there during that cruise,

Could you email me so we can get more information on that school and some pictures if possible

Ruth & Jim

DH and I were in Guatemala this summer on a mission work week and were disappointed in how few supplies we could transport by plane.

You give me new ideas of how to cruise and help all at the same time. Thank you so much for giving praise where it is due, as well as helping some of us who are less creative to think outside our small boxes. Keep up your great work! And what fun to learn more about all the wonderful posters here on CC.

:):):) ninkb

When I attended the Florida Symphony Orchestra concert a few weeks ago in the Tampa Bay area, I was proud to see that Holland America had a full page ad in the concert program, and I am that much happier that I chose HAL for my next cruise. So it doesn't surprise me to hear they were helpful in delivering the needed supplies to Guatemala.

Jim and Ruth:

Bert and I are happy to know you two are still spreading happiness around the world! I can't remember which cruise we shared with you, I think it was the VEENDAM, Oct '07. We had a REALLY BIG CC gathering and "Mama Lou" was there; you gave her a pair of slippers...:D. Did Ruth have to cut back on her packing to accommodate all the goodies you gave away?

We hope you both have been well and have a wonderful holiday!

Karen and Bert Harris

Jim and Ruth are truly amazing people - full of spirit and generosity. We appreciated just being able to watch them deliver supplies with Gus. Now it is on us all to follow their lead and truly learn what it means to live!!

Thank you for your example!

:)

Archived