NCL military rate info

cvanhorn

How to Qualify:

Choose from the list of special sailings or shop fleet-wide on our website to find your desired sailing.

Book your NCL Cruise using Program Code "PGMIL".

Fill out the Military Appreciation Program Form with specific sailing information.

Fax the form to 305-436-4127 or email the form to militarydesk@ncl.com

You must bring your Veterans Advantage or Military ID card to the port in order to receive these great rates.

Thanks for in the info. I sent my TA an e-mail last night to check into this for me on the NCL Spirit, Easter 2009

JimmyJames

Also go to NCL's site and click on Find a Cruise and then look up your cruise and put pgmil in the promo block, next screen pick the sailing date and then the cabin cat you have and you will get the full price (which includes NCL's $178 travel insurance) over on the right hand side. That will give you an idea in relation to what your TA is getting you. Be advised that OBC specials, etc. cannot be combined with the Military rate normally and take any perks like that your TA has thrown in into consideration. I'm saying this because the TA I was using always told me that the military rate wasn't as good as other discounts she got me, but when I had her give her best using the military rate, she wouldn't go lower than the NCL rate I could get myself! Another agen beat it NCL by about $60. Not much, but I at least found my TA may not have been as complete with me as possible.

• 1 month later...

How do you actually get the discount? When you move to the payment screen on NCL.com does the discounted amount come up? (My TA told me there was no military discount on the cruise we've chosen but it comes up when I key in the promo code. What's up with that?)

Do you need to deal directly with NCL to find these answers?

How do you actually get the discount? When you move to the payment screen on NCL.com does the discounted amount come up? (My TA told me there was no military discount on the cruise we've chosen but it comes up when I key in the promo code. What's up with that?)

Do you need to deal directly with NCL to find these answers?

Try doing 2 sample bookings on the NCL site. Once with the PGMIL code and once without. If the price is lower with the code than that sailing qualifies for the military discount:) You don't have to book through NCL to get the discount. Many of the online discounters will honor the discount in addition to their own savings. Just be sure to mention the PGMIL code when requesting quotes.

Be advised that OBC specials, etc. cannot be combined with the Military rate normally and take any perks like that your TA has thrown in into consideration.

It pays to shop around. Some online TA's will allow you to combine the military rate with OBC's etc!!!! For my upcoming cruise, I got the military rate (approx $200 off the regular rate quoted by NCL), an additional $120 off that (from the TA), and $150 in OBC's (including the secret $100 OBC for Lattitudes members that I read about here!).

PS: To cvanhorn and others on this thread, thank you for your service:D

The military discount applies to any sailing, however, I can be a bigger savings on the selected sailings. The discount gets lower as you get closer to final payment date. You will need to fill out a form and fax it to them, and if you are a veteran with no Mil ID, you can use a copy of your DD-214 at check in.

There seems to be some confusion about how they actually calculate the discount, but the promotion states that it is not on the government fees and taxes portion.

When booking direct with NCL (using a PCC) we have been able to use the military discount and receive OBC's plus take advantage of any other current NCL promotions. :)

The only "problem" is that you have to send in the military documentation for every cruise. You would think they'd have the capability of keeping that information on file. :confused:

It pays to shop around. Some online TA's will allow you to combine the military rate with OBC's etc!!!! For my upcoming cruise, I got the military rate (approx $200 off the regular rate quoted by NCL), an additional $120 off that (from the TA), and $150 in OBC's (including the secret $100 OBC for Lattitudes members that I read about here!).

PS: To cvanhorn and others on this thread, thank you for your service:D

What secret lattitude rate please tell

When I get ot the screen on the ncl web site that lets you choose your cabin category, a reduced rate appears. When I get to the screen to chose your cabin a full price quote appears. Does the military rate apply to this cruise? And if so, how do I get that price to appear?

Thanks

When I get ot the screen on the ncl web site that lets you choose your cabin category, a reduced rate appears. When I get to the screen to chose your cabin a full price quote appears. Does the military rate apply to this cruise? And if so, how do I get that price to appear?

Thanks

Let me know the sailing you are looking at and what cabin catagory and I'll check it for you.

What secret lattitude rate please tell

It was a special promo NCL was running back in the fall. An additional $100 OBC to Lattitudes members. I read about it here on CC. The girl I spoke to at NCL said it was so secret many of the online TA's didn't know about it! I emailed my TA to see if he could get me the extra $100 and he did!

Thanks

Tht happened to me also. I called NCL, and they plugged it in for me, and emailed me the completed booking. BTW, got the $500 for a suite OBC, plus the $100 AMEX, plus the latitudes discount.

Al

WE have sailed NCL several times with the military rate. It IS available on all cruise, you just have to book it early enough before whatever cabins they have set aside are gone. They usually allow a set number of cabins for military rates.

We are booked on the Jewel in August on a military rate. We booked it over a year ago, and that rate has come down twice since our original booking. We have called and they have adjusted the rate to whatever it was when I called. We have also received a OBC of $100 which was also added later on. NCL seems not to want to cheat anyone on these things. if they a e offering some of these incentives, they are open to everyone.

If you know where and when you want to cruise, and book it early enough, you should always be able to receive a military rate. Some cruise prices are better than others though.

Just booked August 29th Alaska on the Star. Got the military rate (quite a good savings) and $150 OBC plus another $100 OBC for using credit card. Like some others I couldn't get it to work on the web site so I just called and book it over the phone.

Hi, I have tried to download the form for the military discount(I am computer challenged to begin with, so treat me gently!) and it says I need Ecel to download it. Im lucky I found my way to this board.:(So, Im lost. Help anyone?:confused: Thanks

If you don't have excel, do a search for open office, which is a free download, which works with word, excel and a number of other microsoft programs. Hope this helps.

Al

Just booked August 29th Alaska on the Star. Got the military rate (quite a good savings) and $150 OBC plus another $100 OBC for using credit card. Like some others I couldn't get it to work on the web site so I just called and book it over the phone.

I don't know what the price difference on your sailing is between balcony and AF mini suite military rate but with the current promotion you would get $300 OBC for the minisuite instead of $150 so if you factor that in the price ddiference may not be so much. For us we changed our BA for an AF and with the additional $150 OBC the price difference for changing was only $70 for two of us.

If you call them, they can maybe fax you the form.

Or if you don't have excel on your computer, see if you can get a free download of an excel substitute to use. There is one that is an open version but I can't think of the name of it right now.

• 1 month later...

(1) is the secret Latitude member $100 onboard credit still available? I just booked a cruise last week.

(2) has anyone had a problem with obtaining both the VA discount, PLUS NCL charge card gift certificates? I already received a 15% VA discount, but did not mention to the agent that I had $2,500 in gift certificates which I just received.

Marilyn

Archived