Rhapsody booking disappeared

surfoz

Good luck trying to get a reply.:rolleyes: I have emailed twice without a reply & I have also spent an inordianate amount of time on hold today only to get an operator connection at last, & then no answer, as it rang out. I will try again on Monday:(. Even with the shortcut that was suggested, I do not show a booking.

Jane

Has any one got hold of rci aust been on hold for 60 min so far with the reply below to my email- is Discover America Marketing the same as DTW? cn't get hold of any of them?:confused:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. We are excited to see that you are cruising with us again! While the information you have requested may be available, we kindly ask that you contact your travel agency, Discover America Marketing. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Hi, I got through yesterday to the 1800 number as my booking had disappeared and all my attempts to get it back had failed. I was on hold for about 25mins and finally spoke to a lovely lady who gave me my new booking number and I was then able to find my booking and finish my online checking in. I also had to redo my meet'n'mingle. I hope that helps, keep trying!!

On reading your post I tried logging in again with no luck, so just rang my TA (local) to see if they had any information through.

They seem to think it will take a while for all the bookings to be updated and even mentioned Christmas as an excuse :confused:

So we're still in limbo so to speak...

I actually emailed RCCL a couple of days ago asking for the new booking number but I dont really expect a reply.

On reading your post I tried logging in again with no luck, so just rang my TA (local) to see if they had any information through.

They seem to think it will take a while for all the bookings to be updated and even mentioned Christmas as an excuse :confused:

I actually emailed RCCL a couple of days ago asking for the new booking number but I dont really expect a reply.

I am sorry to say but my TA fixed the problem within 3 hours.I see you are from perth I am from Fremantle,what cruise are you doing on rhapsody.

regards Frank.

Just got off the phone , got through just after posting

1/ discover america marketing is discover the world marketing so if your booking has discover america marketing as your travel agent you have to contact them for any payment or details and are still held in us dollars

2/ I was told the aust RCI will not do price changes if the price drops(so why would you use them)unlike the US

3/ I have called DTW to find out the rules with them and if my booking is held with them through the US as its in US dollars and they were confused as i could not get hold of any one to do with cruises and said they will get some one to call me back we will see

( i just want to be able to pay fast if the dollar moves)

Same one as you I think!

See my sig. The reason I havent joined the roll call is that we very nearly cancelled out because of the exchange rate. We were booked in a balcony, but then saw the reduced rates for seniors :o so grabbed one of the inside cabins on deck 8. We can pretend we're in a suite :D

When all this number business is sorted and we have paid in full I will relax and look forward to the cruise, looks like a lovely ship!

Same one as you I think!

See my sig. The reason I havent joined the roll call is that we very nearly cancelled out because of the exchange rate. We were booked in a balcony, but then saw the reduced rates for seniors :o so grabbed one of the inside cabins on deck 8. We can pretend we're in a suite :D

When all this number business is sorted and we have paid in full I will relax and look forward to the cruise, looks like a lovely ship!

Thats great you are on the same cruise, 87 days to go and the silly season coming up so before you know it we will be cruising.Sign up for the meet n mingle I think that we need 8 or 9 more.After christmas we are going for a week in albany for the new years with some friends then back home time is going so quickly.

regards Frank.

I am sorry to say but my TA fixed the problem within 3 hours.I see you are from perth I am from Fremantle,what cruise are you doing on rhapsody.

regards Frank.

As it turns out I was able to view our cruise the whole time, just not through the "My Cruises" login. We still have our original booking number and after a few days, were able to view it again via the My Cruises screen. We booked through an Aussie T/A, and DTW has now changed to DAM as our agency.

Our final balance was paid prior to this switch, so it seems logical that these bookings would not be affected and were left alone. Alas, there are others on the same cruise with an Oz agent, had paid in full, and were given new booking numbers.

Go figure!!:confused:

As it turns out I was able to view our cruise the whole time, just not through the "My Cruises" login. We still have our original booking number and after a few days, were able to view it again via the My Cruises screen. We booked through an Aussie T/A, and DTW has now changed to DAM as our agency.

Our final balance was paid prior to this switch, so it seems logical that these bookings would not be affected and were left alone. Alas, there are others on the same cruise with an Oz agent, had paid in full, and were given new booking numbers.

Go figure!!:confused:

That is my case I booked exactly one year in advance and after getting in touch with my TA I was given a new booking number and then we were back on the my cruise site with a new booking date,but I still hold a printed copy of the original booking just in case....

regards Frank.

A friend of ours booked her cabin for our April cruise on the website www.rccl.com and her booking then automatically became part of DTW. She has had price reductions done on her booking.

Hi Jane,

Is the reduction just from the removal of fuel surcharge, or is there extra reductions received?

Got an email from DTW all good.told me how to pay ,a contact number and they will still do price reductions and if we change cabin class they can rebook us in us dollars .so all back on track with the dollar at about 70c today we may pay soon as it works out cheaper now with the 3 price reduction recieved than in april when we booked with the dollar at 95c.:)

Archived