MyTimeDining Fleet Wide Dates

Hi Ann :D

You never know you could be lucky and they will have it available for you to book before your cruise. If you notice the post above yours you will see that cruisingator2 has been able to book MTD for his cruise in April.

Will keep fingers crossed for you :D

Thanks Liz. Our online friend from the UK called can checked on her MTD and they said that is couldn't be added after all to her cruise either. Here's hoping. :D

The last Mariner Cruise I was on was at a large table. I expected the waiters to start remembering my "preferences" after the first couple of nights, but alas this did not happen. In fact CCL did a better job at this!

I LOVE the "Anytime Dining" on NCL ships, and did not miss the waiters "knowing" me one bit. Being able to eat when you choose makes my cruise more relaxing, and having to be ready for dinner at a particular time did not. Since RCCL is only making a part of one dining room MTD, I'm sure it will "fill up quickly" with pre-ressies for those who want it.

RCCL finally listened to their comment cards and allows this as an **OPTION**, just like going to Chops, Portifinos, Windjammer or Johnny Rockets for dinner instead would be. Those that want can use it, those that don't, stay with the timed dining. It just makes for "Happier Cruisers" all around!

I'm calling my TA after 1/17, since that's when MTD starts on the Liberty to see if I can change my ressie to this!

Jacquelyn :D

The last Mariner Cruise I was on was at a large table. I expected the waiters to start remembering my "preferences" after the first couple of nights, but alas this did not happen. In fact CCL did a better job at this!

I LOVE the "Anytime Dining" on NCL ships, and did not miss the waiters "knowing" me one bit. Being able to eat when you choose makes my cruise more relaxing, and having to be ready for dinner at a particular time did not. Since RCCL is only making a part of one dining room MTD, I'm sure it will "fill up quickly" with pre-ressies for those who want it.

RCCL finally listened to their comment cards and allows this as an **OPTION**, just like going to Chops, Portifinos, Windjammer or Johnny Rockets for dinner instead would be. Those that want can use it, those that don't, stay with the timed dining. It just makes for "Happier Cruisers" all around!

I'm calling my TA after 1/17, since that's when MTD starts on the Liberty to see if I can change my ressie to this!

Jacquelyn :D

Please don't compre MTD to most of those or RCL may get the idea to charge extra for MTD.

Sorry, but can someone explain simply to me how this will work. I haven't been on since my last cruise in July on EOS so this is all new to me.

I am waiting for summer 2010 dates to come out for Port Liberty. I'll be sailing with my family along with a couple of my dd's friends.

Can I request MTD for some dates and have Main for others? If not, if I request MTD, do I just show up at the Main Dining Room (whichever one they have reserved for MTD) with my group of approx. 10? Do I need to inform the Dining Room the night before what time I will arrive the following evening? Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered but I want to be all prepared when my sailing opens for booking.

Thank you very much!

If the list posted by the op at the beginning of the thread is correct, which I believe it is because the UK and Canada can get it, I can just see this loooooooooooog line when you get on the ship in the dining room to book it on board. I'll probably be in that line, cause I just don't want to eat at 5:30. What will be, will be certainly won't let it spoil our cruise.

I am wondering about this...I live in Canada and questioned this list before as I cannot book MTD on Majesty for March even though the OP's list said it would be implemented in February...My email from Royal Caribbean says NO MTD on my cruise...so to put it in a nutshell....as a Canadian, I cannot book it

Bottom line, guess they will do it when they are good and ready.

Which, if you really think about it, is the way they should do it.:) More and more ships are now offering it and at some point it is fairly clear it will be available fleetwide. The ability to book MTD is not restricted to passengers from the UK or Canada. On those ships where it is now being offered it can be booked by any and all passengers. Folks on our last two Jewel of the Seas cruises were able to participate in the program and were fulsome in their praise of the way it worked.

Which, if you really think about it, is the way they should do it.:) More and more ships are now offering it and at some point it is fairly clear it will be available fleetwide. The ability to book MTD is not restricted to passengers from the UK or Canada. On those ships where it is now being offered it can be booked by any and all passengers. Folks on our last two Jewel of the Seas cruises were able to participate in the program and were fulsome in their praise of the way it worked.

Not true. Passengers in the UK have been able to book MTD on the Explorer in March for some time now. Their reservation says open dining. My TA keeps being told it is not available on my cruise. We are all on the same cruise. If there are going to announce it and allow bookings in one place, it should be everywhere.

Sorry, but can someone explain simply to me how this will work. I haven't been on since my last cruise in July on EOS so this is all new to me.

I am waiting for summer 2010 dates to come out for Port Liberty. I'll be sailing with my family along with a couple of my dd's friends.

Can I request MTD for some dates and have Main for others? If not, if I request MTD, do I just show up at the Main Dining Room (whichever one they have reserved for MTD) with my group of approx. 10? Do I need to inform the Dining Room the night before what time I will arrive the following evening? Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered but I want to be all prepared when my sailing opens for booking.

Thank you very much!

No reason to apoligize, not everyone has time to read every thread all the way through. :D

You have to pick MTD or early or late. No moving between them.

You can either just show up and wait for a table the size you want to become available (so far people have reported only short waits) or can either call ahead to make reservations or talk to them when you are leaving the night before and set up the next night's times.

The big thing you need to know to be prepared is that to participate in MTD, you have to prepay your tips.

Have fun planning.

I emailed my TA and asked to be changed to My Time Dining on our March 8 Voyager cruise, and he made the change.It showed up as Open Seating on our reservations, and the tips were charged. Hope it works!

Great news. Explorer was only two ships and 2 weeks after Voyager in the original list posted. :D

I emailed my TA and asked to be changed to My Time Dining on our March 8 Voyager cruise, and he made the change.It showed up as Open Seating on our reservations, and the tips were charged. Hope it works!

Interesting. I'm on your cruise, so I sent an email to my RCI Certified Vacation Planner since I booked direct. So far she has not responded, but I am curious to see what she says. Hopefully she will change our main seating to MTD. We had it on our Princess cruise and thought if RCI offered it they would be the perfect cruiseline for us!

In regards to pre-paying all of your tips, does anyone know how this is done?

I see on the RC website, they list what they recommend for tips - is this what the pre-paid ones are based on? Would this just be added to your SeaPass Account?

If you booked through a TA you would call them, if you booked direct with RCCL you would contact them. It gets added to you balance due at final payment I believe. I paid mine slightly before final payment because I wanted the credit to come through from my RCCL VISA in time to use on this trip.

Yes, you should be charged the value on that page on the RC website times the number of people times the number of days. They did our wrong though and our TA had to call back and straighten it out.

Hi all, I will be on the Liberty on Jan 31st, so I sent rccl an e-mail asking if I could sign up for MTD now, since 2 phone calls to RCCL told me No!

Here is the e-mail response I received:

Good morning,

The code for MTD is now on your reservation. In the features sailings this is going to be done onboard, that is the reason that Reservation Department cannot see the code. Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Dahimi Marichal

Dining Administrator, Trade Support and Service 305-539-6000 ext.16111 (prompt 8) Royal Caribbean International RCLDining@rccl.com

So I am thinking they want people to wait and sign up on board, not sure why? maybe limited space? Any one else have thoughts on this....Karen

Hi all, I will be on the Liberty on Jan 31st, so I sent rccl an e-mail asking if I could sign up for MTD now, since 2 phone calls to RCCL told me No!

Here is the e-mail response I received:

Good morning,

The code for MTD is now on your reservation. In the features sailings this is going to be done onboard, that is the reason that Reservation Department cannot see the code. Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Dahimi Marichal

Dining Administrator, Trade Support and Service 305-539-6000 ext.16111 (prompt 8) Royal Caribbean International RCLDining@rccl.com

So I am thinking they want people to wait and sign up on board, not sure why? maybe limited space? Any one else have thoughts on this....Karen

That is weird. It seems like they will be asking for a stampede and have many discontent people if they do that.

I have no idea what RCCL execs are thinking and I don't think they do either.

I had my TA call RCCL this morning as I wanted to switch to My Time Dining. The list states it is available starting feb.15th on the Adventure of the Seas. They told my TA that it will NOT be available on Feb.22nd sailing. I am very disappointed!

I have been trying to find out out if My Time is going to be available on the Indie TA in April. I have now e-mailed the RCLDining e-mail address so hopefully someone will reply. RCI UK just seem to ignore e-mails.

Perhaps this will help you -

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating&topic=email&subTopic=openseat&requestor=arn

Bottom of the page it shows what you are looking for :D

It has been on the Indy for a while now :D

Scubalisa, can you confirm that you have MTD on Voyager of the Seas for 8 March 2009? I posted that as a possibility on our Roll Call for that date but had to retract tonight when my TA informed me after speaking with RCL HQ in Miami that MTD was NOT available for 8 March; in fact, the individual - who my TA stated was a coordinator in the on-board dining dept - told her that MTD would not be rolled out on Voyager during the Spring cruising season out of Galveston this year.

Needless to write, we're disappointed. However, if you can confirm that MTD will be offered on Voyager 8 March, I'll go back to RCL HQ myself and run this to ground truth.

Thanks,

T Lex

Archived