TA-DA!! The Wind

duct tape

Craig,

If you go to voyage 2907 (Mumbai to Dubai) and click on shore excursions, you can get a list of excursions offered in the past (as these are not bookable yet). The list is 5 pages long. The list for the previous ports from the past cruises was as long and varied as well.

Very clever! I'll have to look.

Thanks!

This is for those who suggested that SS should be giving the guests on the just-out-of-drydock cruise some remuneration. At the Farewell Reception, Captain Arma said that a letter would be sent to our suites.

" Something for our patience and kindness"...well, a VERY generous discount for a future cruise. Things get better all the time! The ship never made it out of Port Elizabeth last evening. We were to go to East London to get the ship after our safari but we came back to Port Elizabeth. We will skip East London and go directly to Richard's Bay if we can get out tonight. Nasty weather out there.

Looking forward to it! Well, we didn't get out of Port Elizabeth last night either. Will skip East London (no biggie) and go to Richard's Bay. The other CCer found me today...that was fun. The humidor is having some problems with ventilation but it should be fixed shortly. Today is a very festive day with cookies, cake and panetone everywhere...just what we need ...more food!

that's strange, as i met 'the other' cc'er today, too!!!

lol...

i've always known their suite, as i could only imagine one couple to have their entire suite door covered in christmas wrapping paper, a wreath with 'wizard of oz' characters, and a big red stocking with a persons name inscribed!!!

pics on my return...

agree with the 'mens club' feel of the forward observation deck, tho colors and accents can be added for an easy, simple fix... but, THE VIEW IS STUNNING!!!!!

new, soon to be life long frinds met aboard ship, all agreed we would lovingly refer to the extended port elizebeth stay as:

"i stayed overnight in PE for three days"...

all in good fun!!!

when in PE, you MUST lunch or dinner at the "oyster catcher" resturant that is landside of pier one... stunning, well priced and presented seafood and sushi!!!!

I posted something similar to this yesterday but it never loaded so...I will try and recall what I did.

I think my cabin door looks great, too, thank you! For all those still interested, the following are the rest of the re-do details I don't think I mentioned earlier. By all the elevator doors, except the pool one, there are new directional graphics and signage mounted on dark wood with larger print.They are very clear and helpful. There is a permanent tent-like roof over the outdoor portion of the Terrace, making it much easier to be there when it is sunny or raining lightly. The buffet area itself has been redone with new counters, tile base and floors and a larger island on the left that holds plates and various foods. At dinner in the Terrace, plates of preplated antipasti are served and the self-serve table is gone. Pizza is no longer offered as an amuse buche in the evening. There are 2 new suites on 7 that I have not seen since they are occupied. The new Oqner's Suite on that floor has a terrific shower. The new grill on the pool deck is larger than the Shadow or the Whisper and has lots of potential. The pool is tiled in blue and white tiles. I am not sure if that is new but it is quite busy-looking. The pool towels are now off-white instead of navy blue. I think I described the Silver Suites on 8 but here goes again. I would be dissappointed if I reserved one without knowing that there is no dining table and chairs and no door to separate the bedroom.. There is a curtain as in the veranda suites. Each suite all over the ship has new cabinetry in the sitting area, quite roomy and functional, that holds the flat screen TV on a top center shelf. You don't have to climb over someone to see it! I know my fellow CCer doesn't like it as much but it is easier to see. I think that is about it. Talk at you later.

I am going to post this in sections since I have done it 3 days in a row and the CC site did not want to load it in a reasonable ($$$) period of time. I think my cabin door looks great too, Thank you, fellow CCer! For those of you who are still interested, the following are the rest of the re-do details I don't think I got to. By all the elevator doors, except the new one at the [pool, there are new directional graphics andsignage mlunted on dark wood with larger point. They are very clear and ehlpful. There is a permanent tent-like roof over the outdoor portion of the Terrace, makoing it much easier to be there when it is sunny or raining lightly.

Obviously I did not proof that...oops. Also the Terrace buffet area has been redone with new counters, tile bases and floors and a larger island on the left had side that holds plates and various foods. At dinner in the Terrace, plates of antipasto are presented and the self-serve table is no more. Pizza is no longer an amuse buche in the evening. There are 2 new suites on 7 that I have not seen since they are oocupied. I will try tomorrow. The new Owner's Suite on that floor has a terrific shower but not much else going for it.

The new grill on the pool deck is larger than the Shdow or Whisper and has lots of potential. The pool is tiled in small blue and white tiles. I do not remember if that is new but it is fairly bussy looking. The pool towels are now off-white and not navy blue. I think I described the Silver Suite s on 8 but here goes again. I would be disappointed if I reserved one without knowing that there is no dining table and chairs and no door to separate the bedroom. There is a curtain as in the veranda suites. They should be renamed. Each suite all over the ship has new sitting area cabinetry, quite roomy and functional, that holds the flat screen TV on the top shelf. You don't have to climb over someone to see it. I know my fellow CCer doesn't like it as much but it is an improvement. This segment ends tomorrow and I am grateful. I have enjoyed many folks on this trip, especially my new CC friend but there are quite a few badly behaved children that need to go back to school! See you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

duct tape:

The Shadow/Whisper (the only Silversea ship we have been on) has furnishings that are wood, custom designed pattern veneered. Just curious, for the new funishings in the cabins of the refurbished Wind, is it still like that, or have they replaced that with (cheaper) formica surfaced fibre boards? That will be a good indication on the material of the funishings on the new Spirit. Thank you.

Good evening Silversea Fans!

Has any of you CCers visited the Winds's one Vista Suite on Deck 7. I believe it was previously the hair salon. I heard it has a different configuration. Can anyone please describe it for me?

Many thanks and Bon Voyage!!:)

ScottToronto

Good morning. We are on our way to CapeTown tomorrow. There are only 4 of us in transit! The new cabinetry in the sitting area is very nice wood. The materials in the bathrooms are synthetic. I do believe that eventually all the ships will have the same interior since they prrobably purchased all the goods in bulk. Too bad. The Wind now looks like the PA II and no doubt the Cloud will continue this trend.

Scott Toronto, I will get a peek at the new Vista on 7 tomorrow or the next day. Will let you know.

Scott Toronto, I will get a peek at the new Vista on 7 tomorrow or the next day. Will let you know.

Thanks Duct Tape,

I look forward to your reply. Enjoy your voyage! Would you mind telling me who is the executive chef? If you happen to know Amafe from the Bar and Ronnie from the dining room, please give them my best of wishes and tell them I'll see them in July.

Enjoy your day!

ScottToronto:)

The new cabinetry in the sitting area is very nice wood. The materials in the bathrooms are synthetic. I do believe that eventually all the ships will have the same interior since they prrobably purchased all the goods in bulk. Too bad. The Wind now looks like the PA II and no doubt the Cloud will continue this trend.
Thank you kindly duct tape. I have the feeling that at present for the Shadow/Whisper, even though their bathrooms appear entirely marble/granite, the flooring may be synthetic (they have a slightly different feel from the walls, though they look similar). Other than cost saving, I don't know why an Italian ship will go from stone (Italy's national product) to synthetic (fake)!

Good morning. We are on our way to CapeTown tomorrow. There are only 4 of us in transit! The new cabinetry in the sitting area is very nice wood. The materials in the bathrooms are synthetic. I do believe that eventually all the ships will have the same interior since they prrobably purchased all the goods in bulk. Too bad. The Wind now looks like the PA II and no doubt the Cloud will continue this trend.

I would be very much interested in your opinion of this newly created suite as we are waitlisted for it in the Cloud in September. We have been told that it may not be available to guests but kept for entertainers???

Good evening!

I just booked a voyage this July and reserved the Vista Suite on Deck 7.

I guess it's not reserved for entertainers.

Looking forward to hearing from Duct Tape and her review of the suite.

Take care,

Kind regards,

ScottToronto:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Duct Tape for your reply. We look forward to returning to the Wind again this summer. Appreciate your review of the Vista on 7. Fantastic news!

Hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions. Is Colin Brown presently on vacation? Who has replaced him? Who is the Executive Chef? Who is the Maitre D? Is Ronnie (filipino-Head Waiter) and Amafe (bar server) onboard? If yes, please send them best wishes from Scott and Dr. Jay. Tell them we'll see them in July. Thanks Duct!!!

Enjoy the balance of your voyage!

Thanks again,

ScottToronto ;)

Archived