What do you do when you first embark on your cruise?

tbmrt

I've been reading that one should check out their dining seat to be sure the location is acceptable and make any dinner plans at the specialty restaurants.

Any other suggestions?

On Oceania, we go right to the Specialty Restaurants to make reservations...

On other cruise lines, we go right to the buffet...or maybe do that second...

Other than that, my wife goes to the Spa to make reservations while I go check out the dining room seating...

The reason to make the specialty reservations on Oceania early is that there is no added fee--so EVERYONE makes reservations and good times and dates go fast...

The reason my wife quickly makes spa reservations is that, especially for things like hair, every woman wants the slots for late afternoons on formal nights--those fill up fast...

1. Lunch

2. Dining Room to find our table...this way we didn't need to hunt for it among a crowd of people trying to find their tables too.

3. Salon appointments for formal night

4. Set up kids' sea pass accounts with cash

5. Explore the ship

6. Check stateroom by 3pm and unpack whatever luggage has arrived; see cabin steward to make any special requests for the week.

7. Muster Drill

8. BIG FROZEN DRINK

9. Sailaway!

Right after checking our dining seating arrangement we buy our wine package. Then it's off to lunch and a walk around the upper deck before heading to our cabin (usually available by 1:00).

Kathy:)

1.) Cry. Yep, the emotions of cruising get to me everytime...LOVE IT!!!!

2.) Eat!

3.) Check out stateroom and drop off carryon's.

4.) Explore the ship.

5.) If we board by 10:30 or 11:00 I will often sneak in a nap once my cabin is ready so that I can be all refreshed after a long day of traveling.

6.) Muster drill.

7.) Get a good spot at the sail away party.

We've never "checked out" our dining room assignment--without your tablemates there to meet, what's the point? It's not the location of the table, but the company AT the table that will make dinner special!

We eat a late breakfast, board the ship, and head to the pool and get a drink. Don't need to do the "lunch" thing ---it's always packed. We can get a snack later, if we need to.

If room is ready drop bags and extra wheelchair, then to dining room for lunch. Then promenade for sail away or to whatever deck my muster will be held on so as not to have to try to get there in an elevator with scooter and mad crush of people.

If I know in advance of anything special I want to book for the week I do that as soon as possible as well.

We usually board around 11:30 and we head right up to Lunch, then we walk around the ship checking stuff out until we can go to our cabins (usually after 1:00) if our luggage is there we unpack and relax for awhile, then go meet our friends for the muster drill and then run back to cabin, throw life vests on floor and run back up to the top deck and get a nice BIG drink for Sailaway.

Depending upon the cruise line, we go to our cabin and drop our carry-on then go for lunch. After lunch we explore the ship, make DR changes if necessary then go back to our cabin and hope our luggage has arrived and if so then unpack.

We've never "checked out" our dining room assignment--without your tablemates there to meet, what's the point? It's not the location of the table, but the company AT the table that will make dinner special!

Yes, but I check it out to make sure that there will be company AT the table.

1. Chops reservations

2. Soda package

3. Lunch and a Kahlua on the rocks

4. Find a good spot to loaf until we can get to our cabin.

5. Drop carry-ons in the cabin, unpack if luggage made it already (it has happened)

6. Go ship exploring.

7. Wing it from there and have a blast!

Archived