Wheres the 3 or 4 day cruises to Mexico for 2009?

Since RCCL moved Monarch, they aren't offer the 3 and 4 night cruises from San Pedro in 2009. If you want to sail in the Fall you might look at Radiance out of San Diego which will be doing 4 and 5 night cruises.

Otherwise your only option for short cruises out of California is Carnival.

I like taking a quick cruise here and there. I dont see any.

Anybody know why?

Brenda and Bob

Peoria, AZ

I wish, wish, wish RCI would position a Vision class ship in LA for the 3 and 4 day cruises.

Okay, preferably one with a CL. :D

Monarch is in Fl and Radiance, which was going to do 4/5 day trips will now do much longer Mexico cruises...sadly leaving Carnival as your only option for short mexico cruises.

Radiance is still doing 4 and 5 night cruise in Fall 2009.

I wish, wish, wish RCI would position a Vision class ship in LA for the 3 and 4 day cruises.

Okay, preferably one with a CL. :D

Our sentiments too!! We miss the Monarch and the great 3/4 night cruises out of San Pedro. A CL would definitely be a big plus but not necessary. RCI................are you listening???

OT..............Nancy - how's the snow in Las Vegas?

Ok gang,

I am still fighting for a ship, just one ship that stays in Galveston year round. We are booked on the Radiance Jan 11, 2010 anyone want to join us on an 11 night cruise? The ship has a CL and a great port of calls. We looked at booking her on for a B2B but she is going to Vancouver. Not going to fly home from there as it is tooooo expensive.

Our sentiments too!! We miss the Monarch and the great 3/4 night cruises out of San Pedro. A CL would definitely be a big plus but not necessary. RCI................are you listening???

Sorry, but was is a 'CL'?

A finite number of ships and an almost infinite number of ports and itineraries. Some routes are more revenue productive than others and any number of factors have to be considered when designing sailing schedules. It should be obvious that they can't please everyone. Lobby hard for ships and itineraries that fit your desires but please acknowledge that we can't always get what we want, as much as we wish we could.:rolleyes:

I dont know how my spending increased substantially on the three day when I was trying to cram in all the fun in 3 days! I just spent the same amount on money on the 7 day as I did on my last 3 day! LOL

My hubby and I used to do the same. I would think it would be cheaper cuz it was 1/2 the time, but damned if it wasnt always twice what I thought it would be.

I think we always drank more on the first day than the rest of the weekend. You do feel like its going to be such a short cruise, that you just have to get it all in.

Now that the Monarch is gone I wish we had gone more often and spent more money, we still get the D/T's just thinking about her being gone.

Ok gang,

I am still fighting for a ship, just one ship that stays in Galveston year round. We are booked on the Radiance Jan 11, 2010 anyone want to join us on an 11 night cruise? The ship has a CL and a great port of calls. We looked at booking her on for a B2B but she is going to Vancouver. Not going to fly home from there as it is tooooo expensive.

I, too, wish we could get a ship in Galveston year round!!

Hi Sue,

I am freezing out here. :eek: After 3 days we still have some snow on the ground. It's kind of like living back on the east coast. :(:D

I even wore my fur coat to the doctor yesterday. :)

Hi Sue,

I am freezing out here. :eek: After 3 days we still have some snow on the ground. It's kind of like living back on the east coast. :(:D

It's pretty cold here too! This was the picture from our driveway this am. I'm just glad I can look at it and not have to shovel it. ;)

This cold weather makes me want to go on a cruise to someplace that warm!!!

003.jpg

Sorry, but was is a 'CL'?

Klfhngr, the CL is where suite guests (and sometimes Diamond/Diamond+ members) have free drinks in the evening. Some ships now have a Diamond Lounge, as the Concierge Lounges are not big enough for all the Diamond members.:rolleyes: I have never been in one, but will on the Mariner in April. Whoohoo!:p

Hi Sue,

What a shock to see that you were getting snow!! It rained here, but nothing like you had.

What amazes me.......is that they are charging less for the Monarch in Florida than they did in Los Angeles.

In 2005.........the two "cash cows" in RCCL were the Sovereign and Monarch. What dried up???

I think that corporate is making a very big gamble.......that the Med market is larger than here is the USA........where Royal Caribbean started making money.

I gotta believe that Mickey Arison........is LHMO.......with Monarch gone, it's only the Paradise. Carnival might as well bring on a ship that holds more........as they are THE only game in town!!:rolleyes:

Rick

Archived