Solstice Cruisers: What did you do on Tortola?

New Hampshire

I'll be sailing on the Solstice on March 29. Our itinerary will be taking us to Tortola instead of St Kitts. Our stay will only be from 7 AM until 1 PM. In all the reviews of Solstice sailings that I've read so far, no one has mentioned Tortola. Maybe none of the sailings that have already taken place have gone there. If antone has already been there while on the Solstice, what did you do in port?

the first tortola cruise is this week. Some are doign the baths but many will just go ot the beach. it will be my shortest stay there in three times.

I am doing a taxi tour for about 3 hours or so and going to Sunny Carribbee the spice store.

We didn't go on the Solstice, but I don't imagine that makes a difference. Tortola is Tortola. We hired a cab to take us on a tour of the ridge road--it was very interesting. Then spent some time in town. Sunny Carribee is a great store. There was another good store in the vicinity, sorry, can't remember the name. Just wander. You don't have much time there. Enjoy!

Everyone if you do ont do a ships tour you can jsut walk into town. There are only two places to go ot enjoy. One is Pussers-food and drinks plus shopping.

There is another jewerly store:( and a couple clothing stores. On the way back save time for the flee market or not.

I buy all my spices on Tortola or have them shipped.

A taxi tour to Pusser's Landing works too.

On The Millenium last January, we stopped in Tortola and we booked the swimming with the dolphins excursion. We had the absolute best time..worth every penny.

Did you book one through the cruiseline? I was in Tortola

back in March and did a sightseeing tour.

I am going again next month and cannot decide what to do

this time.

I know X offers 2 Dolphin excursions in Tortola...which did you

book?:)

We did the beach at Brewer's Bay, it was awesome if you are looking for a beach day. We got a bunch together on the pier, got a taxi van and the driver stayed there the whole time. When everyone was ready to go, he took us back to the ship.

Archived