M Class -Rooms 6143/6144 - Help Please

PelicanLvr

My wife & I have booked 6143 on b2b Summit sailings in January 2010. I just read (in the "stateroom selection" section) about a butler service area between this cabin and the suite next door. Also read that the crew uses the “balcony” of this service area???

Can anyone that has stayed in this room (or 6144 on the other side) describe what this “service area” is, how it (& its balcony) is used & any impact it has on staying in 6143. I guess noise is my prime concern.

Everyone raves about these two rooms (6144 & 6143) so I’m guessing it’s not a big a deal….the set-up just seems odd & it’s better to know about things before you get there.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

We’ve had 6143 on 3 of the 4 Celebrity M-Class ships and 6144 on the other. Great room and is slightly larger then other CC class in an excellent location on the ship. No noise issues with the area forward, in fact more the opposite as it gives you a buffer from the cabin forward. If you can get this cabin you won’t be disappointed.:)

Did a back to back on Infinity and had one room the first week and the other the second. Absolutely take these rooms. They are designed to be connecting rooms to the Penthouse Suites so they are appointed the same which is an upgrade from the normal Sky Suite cabins. The room is bigger than other Sky Suites and the bathroom is much nicer. The only problem is that since it is designed as a connecting room there is a door to the Penthouse Suite and it has a significant gap at the bottom of the door. The player grand piano is near this door and when the occupants of the Penthouse play the piano or turn on the player, you will be serenaded as well. To solve that problem, I keep a blanket packed along the bottom of the door all week to muffle the sound. But other than that I would take either cabin any time. In fact we had table mates with a Celebrity Suite that would have preferred to have had our room as it was similar size and with a balconey.

TWG ag,

I think you are thinking of the Sky Suite cabins # 6145 and 6146. They are between Concierge cabins 6143 and 6144 and the Penthouse suites on either side of the M class ships. We'll be in 6144 in February and I know it's a CC cabin and not a Sky Suite. Those CC's are about a foot wider than other CC cabins, but they are not beside the Penthouse suites.

Carol

I agree with carlyshenk, there is a Sky Suite between 6143 and the Penthouse Suite. But 6143 is a really nice cabin. We had about 3 feet extra space by the veranda door where our huge suitcases (that wouldn't fit under the bed) sat very nicely. And that balcony, wow, it has to be at least 3 or 4 times larger than the normal balcony and it's teak wood decking, because it has to match the suites all around you. Also being Concierge Class you get a lot of extra little amenities missing from other balcony cabins (matching fluffier towels and rug, extended breakfast menu, cheese & crackers every day, binoculars & umbrella to use, stationary with your name, a really nice canvas bag (that is huge), fresh fruit and flowers every day, etc. etc. And your cabin steward also has the suites, so they really know their stuff and treat you like royalty. We thought we had won Queen for a day.

I had 6143 on Constellation, but I'm sure Summit will be just as great! We only saw staff in that small area twice in a 12 day cruise. And never heard any noise from there at all.

Over the weekend I changed our CC cabin on the 8th deck to 6143 when I noticed it was available. There is supposed to be an additional 10 square feet in this room and balcony compared to other cc cabins so we're sticking with it. We'll be going on Summit February 28th so I'll let you know what I think when we return.

Do you know if the loveseat makes into a sofa bed? That looks pretty small if it does!

These are supposed to be a"single bed" sofa bed" opens to twin sized. Have them in a lot of cabins our 'accessible" included! Not only small to sleep on but to have the only seat for 2 adults??? otherwise you sit on the chair for desk. Nice we have a large balcony with lots of chairs on it.

.........about a butler service area between this cabin and the suite next door. ........................ what this “service area” is, how it (& its balcony) is used & any impact it has on staying in 6143. I guess noise is my prime concern.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

The long narrow corridor between 6143 and the Royal suite is just an emergency exit. It does not get used much. Crew doesn't really dwell in the balcony section, so it serves as a good buffer , it actually renders you only having neighbor on the aft side, to a noise-sensitive person, this is a big plus.

You also only have two cabins' passengers walking past you, which makes it a low traffic area.

The butler serves the suites, so he is not part of your deal. However, your cabin steward should be the top ranked one since he services the most expensive cabins onboard ship ( they also have a heirachy ), so you have a higher probability of getting the best available cabin service.

These two cabins are always my first choices.

My wife & I have booked 6143 on b2b Summit sailings in January 2010. I just read (in the "stateroom selection" section) about a butler service area between this cabin and the suite next door. Also read that the crew uses the “balcony” of this service area???

Can anyone that has stayed in this room (or 6144 on the other side) describe what this “service area” is, how it (& its balcony) is used & any impact it has on staying in 6143. I guess noise is my prime concern.

It is a very nice cabin in a quiet area and there is nothing to worry about as long as you remember to keep the door from the cabin to the balcony locked whenever you leave the cabin and at night while you are asleep. But even if you forget to lock the balcony door before you leave the cabin, your cabin steward will probably lock it for you.

That balcony also has an extra door on the side that connects it to the balcony of the adjoining service hallway. So anyone who enters the service hallway can access your balcony, and thus can get into your cabin if you should forget to lock your balcony door. That was about the only downside to the cabin as far as I can recall. No need for concern about noise.

It is a very nice cabin in a quiet area and there is nothing to worry about as long as you remember to keep the door from the cabin to the balcony locked whenever you leave the cabin and at night while you are asleep. But even if you forget to lock the balcony door before you leave the cabin, your cabin steward will probably lock it for you.

That balcony also has an extra door on the side that connects it to the balcony of the adjoining service hallway. So anyone who enters the service hallway can access your balcony, and thus can get into your cabin if you should forget to lock your balcony door. That was about the only downside to the cabin as far as I can recall. No need for concern about noise.

The crew who have access to the service area next to these cabins also have pass keys to get into your cabin through the regular door. We never locked our door to the veranda and never had a problem. I believe the crew mostly used this as a smoking area. Now that smoking on the verandas is history, they will probably not use the area at all.

The other advantage of having the service area/emergency exit next door is that you can open up the partition between your veranda and that area and thus have a more enhanced view. If you have friends in the sky suite next door, you can open that partition as well.

Archived