Dear Princess

LoraJ

Sending me an email informing me about the change in fuel policy is not EMERGENCY information about my booking. Canceling the cruise is an emergency. I nearly had a heart attack this morning when I saw the email EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION URGENT in my box today. especially since the cruise after mine was sold to a charter group, I thought my cruise had suffered the same fate.

I think "Important Information About Your Cruise" would be more appropriate.

Sending me an email informing me about the change in fuel policy is not EMERGENCY information about my booking. Canceling the cruise is an emergency. I nearly had a heart attack this morning when I saw the email EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION URGENT in my box today. especially since the cruise after mine was sold to a charter group, I thought my cruise had suffered the same fate.

Interesting, since my EMERGENCY notification was the fact that we need Yellow Fever innoculations. Certainly more of an emergency than fuel policy change.

If they hadn't sent you any notification and just surprised you - how would you feel about it?

Ron

If they hadn't sent you any notification and just surprised you - how would you feel about it?

Ron

Surprised me that I would get a fuel refund? I would be fine with it. I just don't get what the EMERGENCY is that put me into a panic and I was afraid to open the email thinking my cruise was canceled. I have no problem with them emailing me information about the cruise.

Interesting, since my EMERGENCY notification was the fact that we need Yellow Fever innoculations. Certainly more of an emergency than fuel policy change.

Hi Pia,

Was this a recent notification? If so, where are you going?

Got the same notice this morning and paniced until I read it. I was fearful it might be cancelled! I have known for a few weeks after checking website periodically for fare to go down. I agree, Important Information About Upcoming Cruise may be more appropriate.

I would guess they send it as an emergency notification to make sure you open it. I delete a lot of messages from Princess without reading them if they are just advertisements. They know, when you see the word EMERGENCY, that you will be sure to open it.

I agree -- "important notification" or "important, please read" may have been more appropriate.

I have a similar problem with the automatic teller machines at my bank. When the system cannot provide a current balance for my account, instead of stating :"balance not available at this time", the receipt shows the balance as "$0.00". Although I have written to the bank's administrators to explain the effect this type of information could have on account holders (specially in these troubled economic times), they have yet to correct the wording.

Sometimes no matter WHAT a cruiseline does, it just doesn't make people happy.

I had to chuckle when I read this comment because that is exactly what I was thinking. For the record I have also received those "emergency" notices from Princess and frankly have learned not to panic. Now when I receive anything from the airlines and have recently about 4 times due to changs in schedules, times, etc I then go into a sort of panic until I read it.:D

Marilyn

I had to chuckle when I read this comment because that is exactly what I was thinking. For the record I have also received those "emergency" notices from Princess and frankly have learned not to panic. Now when I receive anything from the airlines and have recently about 4 times due to changs in schedules, times, etc I then go into a sort of panic until I read it.:D

Marilyn

I'm happy when the airlines remember I'm alive. A few months ago Delta ELIMINATED our fight to Copenhagen and never even notified us. Because of my constant checking on various status(es) I accidentally found out and was able to rebook for the next day. When I asked the Delta agent when they had intended to let us know, the reply was, "we would have gotten around to it." Ha!

I'm happy when the airlines remember I'm alive. A few months ago Delta ELIMINATED our fight to Copenhagen and never even notified us. Because of my constant checking on various status(es) I accidentally found out and was able to rebook for the next day. When I asked the Delta agent when they had intended to let us know, the reply was, "we would have gotten around to it." Ha!

We are flying Jet Blue this coming April doing a transit through the canal and they have really been very good about notifying us. Frankly I have been very much surprised that they do because I constantly am also checking my air about once a week and then when it gets closer I will be on that site all the time.:D

Marilyn

Archived