LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Well it is still pouring and cold back in the Philadelphia area. The usual stuff is happening in the news.

Do you have a different table on this leg? Will you keep it throughout the trip?

Enjoy the next two islands they are my favorites.

Another Carol

Carol, everything is different on this cruise from last week.

Read the post I just made about the dining room arrangements. For now, we just have a great table on main seating.

The best part of having main seating and concierge lounge hours of 5 to 8:30 is that there is time for drinks both before AND after dinner. :D :D :D

It was just that once. But things have picked up "somewhat" at night.

There are others in the pub with us now at night, people in the Schooner Bar singing along with Simeon, although not so much with the so-called late -night Schooner Bar pianist.

Who's Simeon? Is he bald, from Wales? :D

Well...........I just got off of the phone with Dave (spellbinder) for over an hour..........getting caught up on our plans when we arrive in Santaigo. I understand that we have 23 more sleeps till we see our ladies in Valparaiso. And, No Cindy, no secrets were revealed!!:D

Sooooooo what happened to Carol???

I specifically sent money via Bobbie so that Corol could keep up her end. She is obviously having waaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun!!:D:D

You know why we have not heard from her????????????.........it's the drummer;) He can't get off till tomorrow!!

OK........that's my guess of why this thread has almost been stolen from her. She will be back!!:);)

Rick

It won't get close to the 12,000 plus that is on

Mariner of the Seas 1/4/2009 Around the Horn

It's not a competition, George. ;)

However, this thread has been here for 11 days.

The Roll Call has been going for almost sixteen and a half months.

:)

Well...........I just got off of the phone with Dave (spellbinder) for over an hour..........getting caught up on our plans when we arrive in Santaigo. I understand that we have 23 more sleeps till we see our ladies in Valparaiso. And, No Cindy, no secrets were revealed!!:D

Sooooooo what happened to Carol???

I specifically sent money via Bobbie so that Corol could keep up her end. She is obviously having waaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun!!:

You know why we have not heard from her????????????.........it's the drummer;) He can't get off till tomorrow!!

OK........that's my guess of why this thread has almost been stolen from her. She will be back!

Rick

Rick, Correction it is 26 sleeps not 23. ;) :)

I am not sure if some of you have excursions planned when you get to Bahia, but I spoke to someone who goes there twice a year. It was suggested you visit the Church of St. Francis in the upper city and for shopping in the lower city to go to the Mecado Modelo market place. Of course you might want to research these places but just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion, CruisinMommas!

I'm doing the Historical City Tour from the ship, but I'm sure that we'll have time on our own.

The best part of having main seating and concierge lounge hours of 5 to 8:30 is that there is time for drinks both before AND after dinner. :D :D :D

Of course if you have late seating, by 8:30 you may no longer care about going to dinner. :D:D:D

Enjoy St Martin tomorrow.

I know Bernard has a group of 44 he has booked for a tour.

Cannot wait for next update.

Laura

Laura, do you know someone who tried to book with Bernard for tomorrow, only to be told that he was already taken?

That's our group, and we are really looking forward to the day with Bernard!

I agree with you..........but you got your fuel surcharge refund from your TA. Some of the folks on the Mariner who made final payment prior to the December 16th, I believe, announcement are to get their refunds in the form of an OBC while on board. So, in IMHO, they should be able to go to the Pursers Desk and ask for that particular OBC paid to them in cash.......since it was their money to begin with.

Won't everyones final payment have been made before the 16th.

In my case the final for the 3rd leg was Nov 28 , give or take a day.

Carol, thorougly enjoying the information you are providing. I'm traveling with a group in April on the Mariner. The group has a couple of questions that I had posted a few days ago. I thought I would post them again:

1. Are the pools fresh or salt water? Are they heated?

2. Do they still serve the wonderful raisin bread in the mornings with breakfast? We believe it is called: Austrian Streizel

Thank you so much.

It was another great day at sea.

First, I slept late. (after being up so late getting the room keys straightened out, and posting to you guys ;))

Then we ate a little, and went to Day 2 of the Cruise Director's Trivia Bowl.

We're not in first place, but we're not *too* far down the list.

Then we entered the slots tournament. There were only 12 contestants, and most of them were in our group.

Denice (cruzzingranny) won, and the prize was $240!!!!!! :D

Then I tried, with Len's help, to get my laptop to work, but it was to no avail. Darryl is going to help me tomorrow. Wish me luck. I really want to upload pictures. If we can't get mine to work, I'll have to borrow someone else's, and that becomes a big hassle. (I don't like to impose on anyone else)

Dinner was very good again, with many new dishes. Some big hits at our table: vegetable samosas, shrimp ceviche, cappuccino layer cake, guava napoleon.

After dinner, I went to Simeon's singalong, *just* missing Name That Tune. Drat.

I had a few "solos" - apparently, I was the only one who knew the words to several of the songs that Simeon was playing and singing, and I have no qualms about singing out LOUD.

The internet has been EXCRUCIATINGLY slow tonight.

I'm off to bed, because we meet at 8:30 to leave the ship together to meet Bernard.

See you tomorrow!

Carol, I've been sharing your wonderful posts with others. We are all cruising with you.

One of the ladies posted that her parents will be joining the ship in St Maarten on Thursday after being unable to board in PC the first day. They are celebrating their wedding anniversary on this cruise. Their names are Don & Linda. If you should happen to meet them, please give them a big "HI" from their daughter "DI" and wish them a Happy Anniversary from all of us. Di said to save her dad some coffee ice cream as it is his favorite also and after this week will definitely need a double scoop.

Thank you.

Mary

Then I tried, with Len's help, to get my laptop to work, but it was to no avail. Darryl is going to help me tomorrow. Wish me luck. I really want to upload pictures. If we can't get mine to work, I'll have to borrow someone else's, and that becomes a big hassle. (I don't like to impose on anyone else)

The internet has been EXCRUCIATINGLY slow tonight.

I'm off to bed, because we meet at 8:30 to leave the ship together to meet Bernard.

See you tomorrow!

Speaking of internet etc.

Have you heard if anyone is having or using a Mac with out any problems?

George

Thanks ... do you know if they are heated pools?

The Indy's pools are heated 'cuz it spends 6 months out of Southampton UK. Freedom's weren't when we took it in 2006 and I think Liberty also not heated.

Nothing like standing under a mushroom in H20 while slightly warm water sprays down. And no kids on the TA to complain that the adults have taken over the H20. Wheeee!!!!

I too read that things will be increased to $15.00, but on our last cruise on the Mariner in late Sept, early Oct., it was priced $10.00. ;)

We can ask this question to MM.

Those stores are all over Las Vegas. They raised their prices to $15 about year or so ago. I'm not surprised that the ships are raising their prices too.

Those stores are all over Las Vegas. They raised their prices to $15 about year or so ago. I'm not surprised that the ships are raising their prices too.

The Indy had a new operator running the stores with all new merchandise, higher priced and no bargains. And no Tara Vanese or the other $15 items. The Explorer still has the old vendor and had the $15 items, I think at times they were priced at $10, esp. the cheapo watches on the tables. So the Mariner also has the good old stuff including the tee shirts (cruz doggie, etc)

At least the Mariner is coming to life now. That class ship without the promenade, not the same.

Archived