LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

So, after returning from a very long HOT day in Rio, Cindy and I stopped in the cruise terminal and got caiparinhas at the local stand. The girls there took about a zillion fresh limes, smashed them by hand, poured in 1,000 proof casaca, and handed us six ounce cups of deadly poison. Then, as soon as we had sipped some, they motioned to us to hold our cups out again. There was more in the shaker, and they kept pouring until we had had it all.

We re-boarded the ship, after seeing Elvis, in fine shape.

Remember, we were already ticked off about the dining room assignment mess.

We decided to boycott the main dining room and just drink our dinner.

We returned to the RFS, and pulled out "the stash". With large glass/mug in hand, we went up to the WJ so that Cindy could add lemonade to her glassful. I was using CFDC, as usual.

We had a little to eat, and Bobbie joined us. Then we saw her parents, and her Dad looked pretty good and chipper, I am happy to report.

We finished off what we had, then returned to the suite to refill our containers.

Then we went down to the Pub (wig and gavel) and drank and sang with Mark B, and our "posse".

Then we spent some time with some new friends. :D

Then we finished getting hammered in the comfort of the RFS.

Ultimately, we had a Royal Divas bonding evening, and all got smashed together.

Then we had to get up early this morning. The second Meet 'n' Mingle was at 11:30 A.M. ;)

Cindy was somewhat the worse for wear, but she was mostly suffering from mal de mer. The winds and seas were pretty high today. She took some anti-seasick meds, which knocked her out, and she called it a night right after dinner.

The entertainment tonight was.................

brace yourselves...........................

a BRAZILIAN ELVIS IMPERSONATOR.

Some people thought that he was so bad, he was funny.

I just thought that he was painfully bad.

I said to myself, "That's an hour of my life that I'll never get back." :rolleyes:

I have pics, but the internet is SO slow tonight that I can't even get ON webshots, much less upload.

..<<snip>>..Several of the places were included in our tour of the day before, so we felt rather "prepared". This guide did know a lot more, and I love history and facts and background, so i was very happy.

(By the way, it was insanely hot - somewhere around 100, possibly above)

and

The train ride itself was a BLAST! Hot, and crowded, but great views. ..<<snip>>..

Since it is so hot down there I should tell you that the temp, last weekend in NY and Pa, ranged from 5 to a balmy 25. And right now in sururban NY it is 16. Don't you wish you were here??? :p

It was a very tough negotiation. They didn't want to do it.

We went "HALFSIES". We paid for the upgrade on one leg, and the other was complimentary.

We have been *promised* the upgrade for the 3rd, but haven't seen the proof yet. :(

Can someone tell me what page the RFS pics are on????? Thanks!

Bobbie reported in........saying that he Dad was doing better yesterday, but as a precaution..........he has doctors orders not to do Iguazu Falls, coming up in a couple of days. Thanks for your update........that he was looking good to you!!

Bobbie's plan is to be able to spend more time with the Diva's on this leg, and speaking of "stashes" Carol............well.........nothing more needs to be said, in regards to the 3rd leg!!:D

Any of the Diva's doing Iguazu Falls???

If people have not googled it..........Iguazu Falls is far larger than Niagra, and much higher as well. It's probably one of the prettest falls in the world.

I have said this before...........if I had my choice of just one leg......this leg would be it! There will be more beauty between tomorrow in Montevideo, Uruguay, and the next 10 days, around the horn, Ushuaia, where one can play with the penguins, and the Chilean Fjords, more beautiful than Norway.......I'm told.:)

Hope that you make out with the last leg, to keep the RFS!!:rolleyes:

See you in 12 days!!;)

Rick

So, after returning from a very long HOT day in Rio, Cindy and I stopped in the cruise terminal and got caiparinhas at the local stand. The girls there took about a zillion fresh limes, smashed them by hand, poured in 1,000 proof casaca, and handed us six ounce cups of deadly poison. Then, as soon as we had sipped some, they motioned to us to hold our cups out again. There was more in the shaker, and they kept pouring until we had had it all.

We re-boarded the ship, after seeing Elvis, in fine shape.

Remember, we were already ticked off about the dining room assignment mess.

We decided to boycott the main dining room and just drink our dinner.

We returned to the RFS, and pulled out "the stash". With large glass/mug in hand, we went up to the WJ so that Cindy could add lemonade to her glassful. I was using CFDC, as usual.

We had a little to eat, and Bobbie joined us. Then we saw her parents, and her Dad looked pretty good and chipper, I am happy to report.

We finished off what we had, then returned to the suite to refill our containers.

Then we went down to the Pub (wig and gavel) and drank and sang with Mark B, and our "posse".

Then we spent some time with some new friends. :D

Then we finished getting hammered in the comfort of the RFS.

Ultimately, we had a Royal Divas bonding evening, and all got smashed together.

Then we had to get up early this morning. The second Meet 'n' Mingle was at 11:30 A.M. ;)

Cindy was somewhat the worse for wear, but she was mostly suffering from mal de mer. The winds and seas were pretty high today. She took some anti-seasick meds, which knocked her out, and she called it a night right after dinner.

Hope Cindy is feeling better.

Hope Cindy is feeling better.

Dave..........I have noticed that Cindy has not worked on her blog since Salvador de Bahia. I hope that she is OK!!

I got a report that Bobbie's Dad was in the MDR for lunch today.....and looking pretty chipper. Sounds like the IV antiboitics are working!!

Rick

Dave..........I have noticed that Cindy has not worked on her blog since Salvador de Bahia. I hope that she is OK!!

I got a report that Bobbie's Dad was in the MDR for lunch today.....and looking pretty chipper. Sounds like the IV antiboitics are working!!

Rick

No updates from Paul or on Judy's blog, either.

Glas to hear Bobbie's dad is faring well.:)

The entertainment tonight was.................

brace yourselves...........................

a BRAZILIAN ELVIS IMPERSONATOR.

Some people thought that he was so bad, he was funny.

I just thought that he was painfully bad.

I said to myself, "That's an hour of my life that I'll never get back." :rolleyes:

I have pics, but the internet is SO slow tonight that I can't even get ON webshots, much less upload.

OMG Carol, You saw "Helvis" with www.Helvis.com on the back of his cape. I never laughed so hard in my life.

Glad to hear Bobbie's Dad is doing better. Prayers aimed his way. :)

Thanks Nancy! I'll pass your statement on to Bobbie!!

Now.......it's just after midnight onboard the ship.......and if all is going well.........Carol should be checking in pretty soon.:rolleyes:

I would imagine with a port call in the morning in Montevideo, Uruguay that she should be checking in pretty soon.......before heading off to bed.

The ship has 3 port days......starting today.

Rick

Thanks Nancy! I'll pass your statement on to Bobbie!!

Now.......it's just after midnight onboard the ship.......and if all is going well.........Carol should be checking in pretty soon.:rolleyes:

I would imagine with a port call in the morning in Montevideo, Uruguay that she should be checking in pretty soon.......before heading off to bed.

The ship has 3 port days......starting today.

Rick

Got your email earlier...things went crazy today some really on the positive and one not so good...will probably know tomorrow, maybe Friday if most things will fall in place. At the moment the biggest issues would related to having to be here to take care of client items during those two weeks...:mad:

Also, praying for your FIL...no place worse than vacation, especially aboard a ship way away from USA to be sick! Hope he is doing a lot better now.

Got your email earlier...things went crazy today some really on the positive and one not so good...will probably know tomorrow, maybe Friday if most things will fall in place. At the moment the biggest issues would related to having to be here to take care of client items during those two weeks...:mad:

Also, praying for your FIL...no place worse than vacation, especially aboard a ship way away from USA to be sick! Hope he is doing a lot better now.

Thanks Dave!! I'm hoping that things will be very positive for you!! It would be great if you were with us!!:)

Rick

Cindy is fine. She took one of those seasick meds that knocks you out. She slept for 12 hours and is as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as ever.

As a matter of fact, we KILLED at "Name That Tune" trivia tonight. 17 out of 17, to win the coveted LUGGAGE TAGS. (it was 15 questions, with two tie-breakers ;))

A typical dinner menu. Note that there are TEN entrees, with "alternative, everyday" items just a part of the list.

2967379650077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Our lunch in St. Maarten - Le Bistro del Mar

2766353320077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

This is Dmitri, the Russian ice skater who was on our tour in Rio. Very tough on the eyes.

2259182050077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2513030890077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2577936470077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2098728090077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Just posted on my thread and about to post Judy's new info.

We got the seating worked out and will be good for the 3rd leg, too.

All that want to be in one area and able to move among tables. We kept the same wait staff, too.

Yesterday we ran into an unexpected squall line, resulting in the strong movement of the ship that made Cindy (and others) seasick. Today was a gorgeous, warm, sunny, smooth day.

We had the group slot pull this morning. Where last leg's was not profitable - we each got our $20 back - this leg's was downright disappointing and crummy.

The machine just did NOT want to give us anything. Even after $1300 worth of $5 pulls, we received only ONE "SPIN".

I ended up being the last of about 77 people to spin.

I decided to use "the girls".

It worked.

I got a "SPIN" of the Wheel of Fortune. I think that we only got $75 on the spin, but it was better than we had been doing. I don't have pictures, but I am told that others do. :D

The show tonight was the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers in Front Row. We clapped and cheered for our favorite dancers, singers and drummer. ;)

As usual, at the end of the performance, Abe came out and invited more applause, and indicated the backstage staff, tech staff, etc. He also called for applause for the Mariner of the Seas orchestra. Then he looked straight at me and Cindy and said, "Especially the drummer, we have a great drummer from Texas - hey, Tex!"

Good times. :D

Archived