LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

I'd be bummed too. It seems strange that on a cruise where so many people (passengers, crew and staff) are together for so long, that the staff seems less cooperative and willing to accommodate people that they have been sailing with for nearly a month and will be onboard with for so many more days. I wonder if some of the personnel onboard were less than thrilled to get this assignment and it is showing in their work performance?:rolleyes:

Bill, send me your email to rubrrickaz at yahoo dot com.

Rick

Rick, have a safe and pleasant journey to catch up with your bride, the other CC'rs, and the Mariner. Hope you get to catch the big game on Sunday:D. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and insight. Hopefully you can join the others onboard in keeping us landlocked folks up-to-date and entertained. This thread is a great deviation from the daily routine.

Carol, thanks for the wonderful pictures - this trip just keeps getting better.

Carol, wonderful pictures of Cape Horn. Brings back so many memories of our cruise on Splendour last March. Still no flashing lights on the Horn............and they promised.:D

I do hope that those that got off in Ushuaia found the place to get the certificate with the official "end of the world" stamp. The building was right on the dock. That stamp would have been a really nice souvenir if everyone would have had their passports.:(

Rick, safe travels to you and wishing you a wonderful cruise. Sorry to hear that Bobbie did not get to walk among the penguins.

Bobbie is back aboard, and is really bummed that the ship would not let passengers off till 9:40 unless they had ships shore excurisions. They found two different tours on the pier that would let them walk with the penguins. The tours left at 9:30..........so they were 20 minutes too late.

Bobbie feels that they could have gotten off at 9AM........and that the ship was just being slow with passengers not having shore excurisions. So I have a pretty unhappy camper on my hands........with the Iguazu Falls situation.........and now this!:(

Apparently there is not much else to do there......and it's raining lightly, so most that went onshore are now back onboard.

Rick

That's such a shame. It reminds me of the way most of the cruiselines treat independent passengers in St. Petersburg, trying to convince them that the Russian authorities won't let them clear immigration early unless they're on a ship's excursion, which is a lie. I realize that RCI has to wring every last nickel out of us to pay for Blunder of the Seas (DH's entry in the naming contest, LOL), but at some point they risk alienating those on whose wallets they built their empire. Seems like they're getting there fast, or may have already arrived.

That's such a shame. It reminds me of the way most of the cruiselines treat independent passengers in St. Petersburg, trying to convince them that the Russian authorities won't let them clear immigration early unless they're on a ship's excursion, which is a lie. I realize that RCI has to wring every last nickel out of us to pay for Blunder of the Seas (DH's entry in the naming contest, LOL), but at some point they risk alienating those on whose wallets they built their empire. Seems like they're getting there fast, or may have already arrived.

Jean..........see you in just over 30 hours!!:D

Rick

Hi Carol and others who are on my beautiful ship!! I'm sort of new to the cruise world and on February 22nd I will be taking my first cruise aboard the Mariner (first one on Carnival last year).

I just wanted to let you all know how much I've enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading about the adventures that Merion Mom is having!! I'm living your cruise through your great stories :) I've been tracking the ship everyday on Google Earth to see your progress around to the west coast.

All of us here are lucky to get such an amazing ship! Can you tell I'm already hooked on cruising??? :D

All of us here are lucky to get such an amazing ship! Can you tell I'm already hooked on cruising??? :D

The ship is certainly amazing, but it appears that its current personnel is less than that if the way they have handled shore excursion complaints and other onboard issues is any indication. Perhaps they will undergo personality transplants by the time they arrive in California and will greet you with the friendly smiles and attentive service that we are accustomed to on RCI. I just find it difficult to understand why veteran RCI cruisers are experiencing such difficult treatment from people whose job it is to assure that this cruise is a memory of a lifetime. I wonder how much the headquarters staff back in Miami will enjoy reading the passengers' comment cards.:rolleyes:

Hi Carol and others who are on my beautiful ship!! I'm sort of new to the cruise world and on February 22nd I will be taking my first cruise aboard the Mariner (first one on Carnival last year).

I just wanted to let you all know how much I've enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading about the adventures that Merion Mom is having!! I'm living your cruise through your great stories :) I've been tracking the ship everyday on Google Earth to see your progress around to the west coast.

Hi...welcome to CC and the wonderful world of cruising!!!:)

I can see you are already addicted! It doesn't take long! ;)

Come join our roll call for the 2/22 Mariner cruise....we hav ea great bunch and lots of things planned.....just follow this link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=568028

See you there!!

Carol...thanks for great pictures! I can't imagine being wrapped up like Eskimo's in SA! Sorry you missed walking with the penguins.

Rick...have a safe drive over to LA and a good flight to Chile.....I know you will have a great time! Bon Voyage!

Thanks Linda!

I'm starting to get ready to pack!!:rolleyes:

I'm folding shirts.........and counting out socks etc! Must mean that I'm headed out in less than 18 hours!!:D:D

Rick

Thanks Linda!

I'm starting to get ready to pack!!:rolleyes:

I'm folding shirts.........and counting out socks etc! Must mean that I'm headed out in less than 18 hours!!:D:D

Rick

Rick I am all packed and they are one floor down and one more until they are out the door. Better hurry up I might beat you down there. :D:D:D

Archived