LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Darn it Carol! I knew I should have read this thread earlier. My sister-in-law is on that cruise. You would have loved her. She gets off tomorrow morning, so now it's too late.:rolleyes:

Oh well, enjoy your cruise. You know how jealous I am!

Then the big climactic event: The Nelson Brothers!!!!!!!!!!!

YUM YUM YUM

I could eat these guys up with a spoon.

The show is a tribute to their father, Rick(y) Nelson. They play a couple of their own songs from their rock days in the 90's, but mostly they play the golden oldies. They show clips from Ozzie & Harriet, and from interviews about their father.

Their own songs were VERY good. They sang After The Rain and Just Once More. That second one is a real tear-wringer.

Afterwards, they sold CDs and autographed them, and posed for pictures.

These guys were the very definition of "gracious". They posed and posed and posed and answered question after question after question.

Since my daughter bought the CD and they posed for a picture with her, I asked them if they were staying on, or leaving and coming back for the next cruise.

THEY ARE STAYING ON!!!! I can't wait to "run into them" around the ship!

Their sister Tracy was here and sitting in the theatre audience, and they introduced her and put the spotlight on her and she waved.

I saw the Nelson Brothers at the American Music Theatre in Lancaster, PA. They are wonderful and very gracious. I just love their song Just Once More - I think of my mom, who passed away in 1997, each time it's played. I posted 2 videos from that show on my My Space page if anyone is interested (http://www.myspace.com/phillychick8).

Barbara from Philly

We left the ship in time to meet in the little market area at the end of the pier and find our Mexican Cuisine Workshop ;) group.

Luis, Moises and Javier were all there, so we had a big reunion. The appetizer and dessert were the same as before, but the main dish was different.

It was a blast, of course. Both my daughter and I decided NOT to get as far gone as last time, so we were only mildly dizzy and disoriented at the end.

This is one of my all time fave excursions. Who was the Head Chef? When I took the excursion Javier was the teacher with Luis as the assistant but I learned later that Luis was now the Head Chef?

Barbara from Philly

Carol just to let you know that Cindy is enroute and a little delayed with her flights. Airport security has been backed up and very picky about searching everyone's carryon's so she got rerouted through Toronto and will arrive later than planned today.

They searched her carryon because the xray guy was curious about the plastic tiara and seemed perplexed. Apparently one of the females finally told him it was for her hair and then he moved on to the next victim. :D A Royal Diva must have a tiara. :D

I'm on the cruise in review video for New Year's Eve, wearing my flashing tiara!!!!!!!!

Darn it Carol! I knew I should have read this thread earlier. My sister-in-law is on that cruise. You would have loved her. She gets off tomorrow morning, so now it's too late.:rolleyes:

Oh well, enjoy your cruise. You know how jealous I am!

Oh, Paul, what a shame!

We could have talked about YOU! hee hee hee :D

I think you may be incorrect on this one. I believe they are all printed at the Port and not on the ship.

Maybe someone who knows for 100% sure can answer?

I do know 100% that the SeaPass cards are printed onboard the ship and not in the ports. I've actually been behind in the Guest Relations office several times (I have a friend who is a GR Manager) and they organize all of the next sailings cards in the boxes onboard. The cards are then brough to the check in desks before the next cruise starts embarkation.

Bob, if that's true, why is it that when you lose your SeaPass (or it becomes demagnetized), GR cannot produce a replacement that says "Diamond Plus Member?" I have always had to have a sticker afixed, in order to get the "Plus."

I know on Radiance all SeaPass cards are printed on the ship and then taken to the pier for embarkation................but I'm like Lorna............why can't they replace your card with the same card if the original becomes demagnetized?

Penny, if someone can get my laptop working for me, or if I can use someone else's, YES. :)

i'll fix it for you..oh wait, i am NOT on a marathon cruise with the divas of the deep!! lol! there MUST be a computer geek someplace on ths ship..you really don't have time to stop at a computer store tomorrow...:rolleyes: you need a laundromat, a grocery store and CVS !

MAJOR news flash!

Just talked to Allan, the concierge.

This upcoming cruise is NOT fully booked.

THAT we knew.

They will not be using the Deck 5 dining room AT ALL !!!!!!!

Deck 4 of the dining room will only be open for main seating. Deck 3 will be the only level open for both main and second seatings.

Cabin attendants and MDR waiters are seriously worried about their income for the next 46 days!!!!!

I'm on the cruise in review video for New Year's Eve, wearing my flashing tiara!!!!!!!!

Just as a Royal Diva should. :D Cindy should be on the way to Cocoa Beach as I am writing this and in 4 weeks I will be flying to Chile. :D:D:D

MAJOR news flash!

THAT we knew.

Deck 4 of the dining room will only be open for main seating. Deck 3 will be the only level open for both main and second seatings.

Cabin attendants and MDR waiters are seriously worried about their income for the next 46 days!!!!!

Very Interesting, must be lots of folks were hurt by the economy and cancelled...Never heard of one complete deck being closed for dining...

Have a wonderful time as I know you will;)!!!

:eek:

MAJOR news flash!

THAT we knew.

Will the cabin attendants and MDR waiters be standing around with nothing to do on the ship? I sure wish we could be on that cruise and be pampered by these wonderful people.

MAJOR news flash!

THAT we knew.

YIKES!!! That is really sad, I feel for the crew :(

Thanks again for the updates Carol!

###

I personally think that starting tomorrow......with the fact that one dining area being closed........the Mariner should immediatly initiate MyTimeDining!!

To me, it's one of the best things going. And it would keep other waiters busy!!

The ship is approximately 90% full.........for all three legs.

Interesting, Carol, that they are not using the Lotus Lounge for D and D+ members...........as I understand that there are a bunch aboard!!

I only can dream and follow vicariously for the first two legs. My business partner thanked me tonight for not jumping on in Brazil......which I had a chance to do........and waiting till Valparaiso.

Tomorrow is a very special day for many people!!

Nancy...........my prayers are with you..........I know that if your Doctor had given you the OK.........you would be on in a heartbeat!!;)

Well.......Carol......while you were cruising today........and Bobbie and my

in laws were in flight to Orlando..........I was at the Phoenix stadium watching our Cardinals beat the Atlanta Falcons!!:D

I'm sorry that webcams don't work both ways...........well, I know that some do........but I'll be watching all of you moving around on the pier, and the lights of the Mariner sail away tomorrow evening!!:):)

Rick

MAJOR news flash!

THAT we knew.

am i the only one that thinks that 10% unbooked and 1 1/2 dining rooms empty per nite does not compute? there must be a lot more than 10% unbooked.:confused: am i missing something?

Archived