LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

It doesn't surprise me though. I work with passengers and often they think the ship will wait for them if they are late arriving. Also, that everything is taken care of by the cruise line. So, I am not surprised. I feel for them after all the anticipation to now be sitting set aside.

Watch out, Mariner, Gail and I will be on you together!!!!!! :eek:

For those of you who don't know, Gail and I sailed together ONCE before.

On the Crown Princess.

In July 2006.

WHEN SHE LISTED OVER!!!!!!!

(karma karma karma karma................................)

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello, we too sailed the infamous 7-11 Crown Princess

cruise. What a ride!

I was 'naragonl' then.

I hope to keep up with mom's thread the next several weeks.

enjoy enjoy enjoy

I'm so glad I caught this thread...........

O started reading this thread this morning when ti only had about 27 pages, when I finished reading it there was 29 pages...

Congrats on your RFS upgrade I wish I were there sounds like a fabulous time

I have read many of your posts over the past years but this one Im glue to.

we will be taking our first Mariner crusie January 2010 with my mom, step father, and their friend.

We will be on the hump in cabin 7616 and the other three will be in 7610 as when we were on the voyager DH kept saying no more of these huge ships as he was always lost finding our room, we took our first hump cabin Sept 08 to Alaska on the Serende,

loved it and being on the hump near the Library he shoul have no problem finding our room

Wow I soo wish I was there

where s my credit card ............

Thank you! That is a great site. :)

Question: "Vaccinations - International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever required if arriving from infected area within 5 days" What is considered a infected area?

Also, do you pay TDS, consular, and return postage fee in one lump sum? If I give my credit card number, will all the fees be all taken care of together?

I believe Brazil and I know Peru is

It is a passengers responsibility to ensure they have the necessary visas for the countries they will be visiting whether travelling by air or sea. It is also the responsiblity of the airline or cruise company to check for the correct visas for all passengers prior to boarding. If they allow someone to board without the correct document they, the airline or cruise company, are fined big dollars and I mean throusands not hundreds for every person who boards without the correct documentation.

Just my pennies worth.

Jillybean:)

Guess I and many others here wasted our time and money getting them. Since it did say they were REQUIRED.

Yep you waisted your time and your money...NO where did it say they were required and RCCL also confirmed many many times that they were not. I am a TA and have a few clients onboard right now, and some even asked to make sure...they were told NOPE..But they all got their Visa's:) So thats good!

Yep you waisted your time and your money...NO where did it say they were required and RCCL also confirmed many many times that they were not. I am a TA and have a few clients onboard right now, and some even asked to make sure...they were told NOPE..But they all got their Visa's:) So thats good!

My 2 cents worth - Actually, Costa Rica requires YF vaccination certificate if arriving from an infected area within 5 days. Since the Mariner is departing Lima,Peru on Feb 8, arriving in Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica on Feb 12 (4 days later), and Peru is considered an "infected area", if a passenger wants to get off the ship to stretch their legs in Puerto Caldera, they will be required to show their YF vaccination certificate.

If you have no plans to see Puerto Caldera, then yes, you've "wasted" your time and money. If you plan to step off the ship for the day, or even just want the option, then you haven't "wasted" your time and money.

Your Yellow Fever map as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

image.ashx?i=268

All inland areas, except a small part where Mariner is NOT going..ALSO it does not prove anything, since Panama and Cartegena are highlighted, BUT DO not require the shot when visiting.

All inland areas, except a small part where Mariner is NOT going..ALSO it does not prove anything, since Panama and Cartegena are highlighted, BUT DO not require the shot when visiting.

LOL that is too funny, like they know you didn't go inland.

I hope your clients are not travelling to Icuazu Falls. Personally, I'd rather be safe with it, and out a few dollars.......if an infested mosquito did bite.

Rick

It never ceases to amaze me that, in this electronic day and age, people don't take personal responsibility. They expect to be spoon-fed every bit of information and then blankly state..."well nobody told me".

We have the whole cyber world at our fingertips. Research what each country’s requirements are. This is world travel not hopping a bus to the suburbs.

This is not RCI's fault by any means.

I hope your clients are not travelling to Icuazu Falls. Personally, I'd rather be safe with it, and out a few dollars.......if an infested mosquito did bite.

Rick

Rick I am sure the mosquitos know better then to travel towards the coast.

O.k., I have a silly question... How were you informed of the need for a Brazil visa? Did you find out through your travel agent or did RCCL inform you in advance? I usually book my own vacations via RCCL internet... how would I have know if there is a visa to be purchased? (Just thinking ahead before our next adventure)

I usually do two things: ask the travel agent myself, and/ or google

"visa requirements" and the name of the country. It is more than easy, and saves a lot of time and hassle.

Fran in Toronto

Well just got confirmation that they are turning away people without Brazil visa's. They will have to catch up with the ship. They are looking very closely at the dates on the Visa's when they are issued. They are taking passports for safe keeping.

They are actually taking their passports so that when they get to Brazil the Brazilian Authorities can properly validated their Visas with the proper stamp. If the passenger's Brazilian Visa is not stamped with an entry stamp.............then it is not valid. .it would expire in 90 days.........and if they were issued a 5 year Visa...........it would be of no use to them if they ever wanted to return.

Patti, from when I went to Brazil in 2005 it was all over the place on my documents and every communication I had with my TA or the cruiseline that I was required to have the Visa, I wasn't actually required to get Yellow Fever shots because at that time only the Amazon area was required, but never the less, I was constantly told I had to get yellow fever shots. In other words my guess is the passengers had multiple oppurtunities to be informed of the need of both. It is classic.

jc

jc, I agree completely. We can't be spoon fed all of our lives.

Thank you! That is a great site. :)

Question: "Vaccinations - International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever required if arriving from infected area within 5 days" What is considered a infected area?

Also, do you pay TDS, consular, and return postage fee in one lump sum? If I give my credit card number, will all the fees be all taken care of together?

Debbie, when we used TDS, we just gave them our CC number......it was much easier. All the fees were included............the fee for using TDS, the Visa fee and the return postage. We had to pay the initial postage when I sent our passports, photos and filled out forms to them.

LOL that is too funny, like they know you didn't go inland.

Costa Rica doesn't seem to care if you actually went to an infected area. It seems to be enough to have visited a country that has an infected area.

From the first page of the Costa Rican Embassy's website:

Yellow Fever Vaccination Requirement to Enter Costa Rica

The Costa Rican government instituted a requirement that starting on November 1st, 2007, persons traveling to Costa Rica from certain countries in South America and Sub-Sahara Africa must have an International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever. Those affected countries are: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, French Guiana and Venezuela.

well Mariner should be pulling out now, for the last time. And there's a bunch of people dockside, watching her leave, shocked and angered...which is usually how one feels when one realizes one has made a stupid assumption (mistake)!

Too bad all the PC port cams aren't working...I would have loved to see her go and see the look on those peoples faces

well Mariner should be pulling out now, for the last time. And there's a bunch of people dockside, watching her leave, shocked and angered...which is usually how one feels when one realizes one has made a stupid assumption (mistake)!

Too bad all the PC port cams aren't working...I would have loved to see her go and see the look on those peoples faces

She is set to sail at 8pm...So you have some time!

Have you tried rebooting? This one is working fine http://www.portcanaveral.org/webcam.htm

We have it up on two laptops as I type. I just made my DH pull up the cams to see if the Radisson one was working on his fancy, new laptop but it isn't.

edited to add: you can see the disney ship going now

Archived