LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

OK. I've been lurking and travelling along virtually. I'm guessing two threads have been merged.... had loads to catch up on over here in the UK this morning.

Have seen the link to the video someone has posted on the sailaway from onboard. Is there by any chance a link to a recording of the webcams of the Mariner pulling away? Reading you all posting as you watched was so exciting!

Is it really true that 150 people did not have their visas for Brazil?

Can't believe that so many hadn't checked what documentation they needed.

Just another question. Does anyone know how many b2bers there are on this voyage? I'm sure there's probably a record amount I would think.

We were supposed to be onboard :( and originally there were a big group of us Cruise Critics who met on Mercury Ensenada to Sydney in 2007 on a 42 day voyage and that's where we all decided to book this one.

Have fun, we'll cruise with you from here in OZ via this thread.....salute!!

Jillybean:)

Well, I can just about guarantee you that not one of those without a visa is on Cruise Critic, so you may be spared having to listen to the complaints! ;)

I bet they will find Cruise Critic now Carol :)

So how was the sailaway party.... I read theat there was alot of noise coming from the ship as it left :)

Well, I can just about guarantee you that not one of those without a visa is on Cruise Critic, so you may be spared having to listen to the complaints! ;)

There is always the "One Post Wonder" that finds CC after they have a bad experience!!:D

OK. I've been lurking and travelling along virtually. I'm guessing two threads have been merged.... had loads to catch up on over here in the UK this morning.

Have seen the link to the video someone has posted on the sailaway from onboard. Is there by any chance a link to a recording of the webcams of the Mariner pulling away? Reading you all posting as you watched was so exciting!

Don't have the web cam video, but heres a link to the video I took as she sailed past Jetty Park, the video features captain Johnny

Don't have the web cam video, but heres a link to the video I took as she sailed past Jetty Park, the video features captain Johnny

That was sooooo cool!! That's one of the BEST posts!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing it and making it happen too!

Mariner was the first ship we sailed on with Royal Caribbean so she'll always have a special place in my heart. So glad we had the opportunity to sail on her last Spring. :) Now we'll patiently await Freedom!

I'll be leaving on the 18th of Jan onboard Radiance and also going around the Horn from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso, Chile. In fact we'll be in Chile for 2 nights so we'll actually be there when Mariner stops overnight.

We do stop at some of the same ports but just not on the same day and we have 4 more stops than Mariner but just maybe we'll see her in the distance somewhere along the way.

Oh, just in case anyone is wondering, we don't need visas since we're not going to Brazil. whew! Those poor people. I just can't imagine them not reading through their docs......

After seeing what happened yesterday I was curious to see how it's listed in the docs and I found that on the very first page which is table of contents it states, "Having the proper travel documents (passport, visas, etc.) is a very important part of travel these days and may require some pre-planning. To ensure you're properly prepared for your cruise, kindly review the "Travel Documents" section within this booklet."

When you turn to that page it's all spelled out very clearly along with the proper websites as well as phone numbers for those that don't have internet access.

It'll be interesting to see how this all works out.

Have a safe trip to all of you onboard!!

Lorna, guess what they did to me?

They had to re-issue my new seapass card, because they made it before my upgrade came through.

What did my original seapass look like? Gold, big letters "SUITE", Diamond Plus Member on the bottom.

What does my current seapass look like? Plain white card, Diamond Member.

:(

And of course there is "nothing that they can do about it!" :mad:

Are you seriously mad about your seapass?? hmmm, guess next time they want to upgrade you, just kindly decline. I'm sure there would have been others that would have graciously accepted it, even if it came with a "Plain white card" that said, "Diamond Member" on it. :rolleyes:

Nuts. And I'm planning to go to Peru this year. Guess I'll have to get the dang shots. And I'll end up on the deferral list for blood donations again. :(

as far as blood donation deferrels, it may depend on where you go in Peru. In other words it is not an automatic deferrel I don't think. Although I have been deferred for going to Costa Maya in Mexico. So, go figure. :D

jc

Regarding your deferral, my blood donation place has yet to ask me if I have been out of the country and to avoid flak, it is not on the questions.

Whoa, I donated just last week, and travel outside the USA is always a question they ask. I donate very regularly, and I have a multi-part document attached to my donation record listing my travel, and my occassional deferment for traveling in malarial areas or disease areas.

jc

According to Captain Johnny...........as I was listening to his announcement.......the Mariner should be pulling out in about 5 minutes.....just a little early.:)

150 was the final count for those without Brazilain Visas.

Not all will be coming aboard.........some cannot afford it......and are going back home. Very sad!!:(

More when Bobbie calls back in a few minutes.:D

Rick

OMG, 150????!!!! Unbelieveable!!!!! I can not imagine that there are that many people without a clue!:eek::rolleyes:

jc

OMG, 150????!!!! Unbelieveable!!!!! I can not imagine that there are that many people without a clue!:eek::rolleyes:

jc

jc, you've been around these boards long enough. Are you really shocked that there are that many people without a clue?

jc, you've been around these boards long enough. Are you really shocked that there are that many people without a clue?

Actually, despite what I have read here on a daily basis for the larger portion of a decade, I am shocked. I went on a cruise where the Visa was required for Brazil, and I remembered it is actually difficult to get this visa if you don't happen to live in one of the 7 or so cities that have an embassey of Brazil, and how I spent months figuring out how to accomplish this without spending extra bucks with an expediting company. The documents, and I am not talking just about the cruise tickets, but all of invoices, and quotes, etc. All stated the requirements. They even said I needed the Yellow Fever shots, even though in my case we didn't, actually, in other words it was impossible to miss the requirement. Now, of course, it would be relatively easy to just ignore these requirements, and that 150 people would spend the money to book a cruise and then just show up figuring that RCI could make it work without meeting the requirements, is shocking, even to a veteran of this forum. Truly.

jc

Thats so cool............. who is filming it(that he is able to talk to the captain??)

Carol sorry your new sea pass is loaded with bling......

....note to self......bring glitzy bling stickers to load up sea pass!!! :D

Hope you are enjoying your RFS!!!

Great video of the Mariner leaving PC...thanks for posting!

I am wondering about the crew...how does that work for them going into Brazil and having visas, did they have to apply.....are they exempt....or do they have all documents as a crew member?

I highly doubt any of the people with out the visas were CC.....I think we may see some one post wonders soon. :eek:

Rick...I don't have your email address...please email me through my profile.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day at Coco Cay!

Lorna, guess what they did to me?

They had to re-issue my new seapass card, because they made it before my upgrade came through.

What did my original seapass look like? Gold, big letters "SUITE", Diamond Plus Member on the bottom.

What does my current seapass look like? Plain white card, Diamond Member.

:(

And of course there is "nothing that they can do about it!" :mad:

Hey Carol............you get a "new" card on the 19th in Brazil! I bet that one is the correct color and says in BIG BOLD LETTERS......"SUITE".

It will also say...........Diamond Plus.

Oh, by the way.........you can go to Michelle's desk or Annie, and get a Diamond Plus sticker to put over your Diamond print!!

Like..........we........here at home.......are even wondering why you are telling us stuff like this...........when you are on a cruise of a lifetime.......and we arn't!!

Geez.........Carol.......give us the good stuff!!:D:D:D

We also want a report.......when the time comes, of how many of the 150 people that were left behind........actually made the trip.........and where they caught up with the ship.........maybe Barbados??

Rick

Rick...I don't have your email address...please email me through my profile.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day at Coco Cay!

Linda.........write to me at rubrrickaz at yahoo dot com.

I could not figure out how to give you my "real" email address thru your profile. Shoot me yours at the above address......and I'll get you mine in return.

Rick

The bread is called Austrian Striezel, and it is wonderful.

In June 2008 I was on the Liberty of the Seas ship. My sister, Brenda and I fell in love with the bread. As I am a yeast bread maker I wanted to get the recipe. I was telling my table waitress , how much I liked it and wanted to make it at home,so she got it from the executive chef for me. If you have a opportunity on the ship buy the Royal Caribbean's Savor cookbook. The recipe is on page 59. The cookbook has many wonderful recipes in it

I sailed June 2007 on the Mariner and loved the ship.

Have a great time

Janie :)

Janie, is there any chance you would post the recipe? My friend would be THRILLED to get a copy of it.

Is it really true that 150 people did not have their visas for Brazil?

Can't believe that so many hadn't checked what documentation they needed.

Just another question. Does anyone know how many b2bers there are on this voyage? I'm sure there's probably a record amount I would think.

We were supposed to be onboard :( and originally there were a big group of us Cruise Critics who met on Mercury Ensenada to Sydney in 2007 on a 42 day voyage and that's where we all decided to book this one.

Have fun, we'll cruise with you from here in OZ via this thread.....salute!!

Jillybean:)

Jillybean...............it is my understanding that very close to 1200 passengers are doing all three legs of this journey!;)

I'm sure that Carol or Bobbie will get an actual count before long.

Rick

Jillybean...............it is my understanding that very close to 1200 passengers are doing all three legs of this journey!;)

I'm sure that Carol or Bobbie will get an actual count before long.

Rick

Isn't that only 30% full ?

Archived