LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

ROFL LOL

Now Rick, they are all on the beach at Coco Caye.............then everybody has to rush back to get dressed for formal night and then take their orange vests and rush down to muster drill. Then they all have to rush back to their cabins and deposit their vests............freshen up what was disturbed by those ugly orange vests.............then rush down to the Captain Reception Party and then go to dinner.

When is anybody supposed to have time to read CC????:p:p

Sounds like P---Poor Planning, if you ask me, Patti. Hope whoever came up with that schedule isn't involved an any of our future sailings.:D They'll need all those sea days just to recover.;)

Isn't that only 30% full ?

I think that figure only counts those doing all three legs. There will be a number of passengers who will only be onboard for one or two of the legs so at any given time the total complement of passengers should be considerably higher than 30%. However there are reports that the number of passengers will not justify the use of all three levels of the dining room. Based on this experience, I wouldn't expect RCI to do many more Around the Horn repositioning cruises.:rolleyes:

ROFL LOL

Now Rick, they are all on the beach at Coco Caye.............then everybody has to rush back to get dressed for formal night and then take their orange vests and rush down to muster drill. Then they all have to rush back to their cabins and deposit their vests............freshen up what was disturbed by those ugly orange vests.............then rush down to the Captain Reception Party and then go to dinner.

Hey Patti............thanks for my "laugh of the day!!!":D:D:D

According to my watch........muster drill is NOW!;)

Rick

Does anyone know how many of the current guests who are doing all three legs are continuing on with the LA inaugural?

What woman would want to be dressed fromal....run around to the life drill in formal attire and still be presentalbe to the Captains reception all with in 30 minutes?

All this bring visions of the Titanic, on it's maiden voyage, with everyone in formal attire and life vests running around. It may be the last time this formal attire combo has been seen at sea.

ROFL LOL

:D :D :D OMG...Patti, I think I just **** my pants I was laughing so hard!!!! You also need to come clean off my computer screen that now has diet pepsi spit all over it!!!

What a hoot....and the sad thing is its all true!!!

Thanks for the laugh!

Celebrity cruises use to have a bridgecam on all of their ships. I loved looking at them and seeing where all the ships were especially the Alaska shots. It made me long to go on some of the cruises and because of them I did book some. Alas, they no longer have that. I wish they did. It would have been nice if RCCL had the bridge cams.

Linda

Hi Carol ... actually, we cancelled the Wine Cruise ... :( ... However, we're going on the 3-night that preceeds the Wine Cruise. I'll email you. Maybe we can meet in Victoria, since we'll be there on a Saturday, now. :rolleyes: (unless you're closer to Nanaimo ...)

Let me know witch cruise you will be on and maybe we can do it too:)

We are closer to Nanaimo but Victoria is only about 75 minuts away:rolleyes:

Carol:)

I think that figure only counts those doing all three legs. There will be a number of passengers who will only be onboard for one or two of the legs so at any given time the total complement of passengers should be considerably higher than 30%. However there are reports that the number of passengers will not justify the use of all three levels of the dining room. Based on this experience, I wouldn't expect RCI to do many more Around the Horn repositioning cruises.:rolleyes:

They didn't do this because they wanted to make money from it, but because they wanted to move the Mariner to LA. If they ever want to move any other Voyager, Freedom, or Oasis class ships to the west coast, they'll have to either do this again, or go around the other way, which would be a whole lot farther. Could you imagine the repo cruise that hit Europe, the Med, Northeast Africa and the Middle East, India, Southeast Asia, Alaska, then finally LA?

Theron

We are closer to Nanaimo but Victoria is only about 75 minuts away.

Carol, I know where Ladysmith is! My family lost touch with a family there in the late 70's...could you look in your phone book and see if there is there still a Kevin(?) and Ellen McCarthy in Ladysmith? My email address is my screen name at hotmail.com. Thanks!

Now, back to Carol...how was CocoCay! How is it going so far! How is the activities staff...

They didn't do this because they wanted to make money from it, but because they wanted to move the Mariner to LA. If they ever want to move any other Voyager, Freedom, or Oasis class ships to the west coast, they'll have to either do this again, or go around the other way, which would be a whole lot farther. Could you imagine the repo cruise that hit Europe, the Med, Northeast Africa and the Middle East, India, Southeast Asia, Alaska, then finally LA?

Theron

You are probably right, but I was thinking of all the posts on here from people urging them to move a Voyager class ship to the West Coast and predicting that the repositioning cruise would be a tremendous seller and big profit maker. Given the limited itineraries that are available out of LA I still wonder how long they will be able to fill Mariner on that route every week. Unless the market out there is a lot better than I think, I don't think we'll see another Voyager, Freedom and definitely not an Oasis class ship on the West Coast in the near future.:) Perhaps when the Panama Canal widening is finally completed it will be able to handle some of those ships but I don't know if even the new PC will be able to accommodate ships the size of Oasis.

You are probably right, but I was thinking of all the posts on here from people urging them to move a Voyager class ship to the West Coast and predicting that the repositioning cruise would be a tremendous seller and big profit maker. Given the limited itineraries that are available out of LA I still wonder how long they will be able to fill Mariner on that route every week. Unless the market out there is a lot better than I think, I don't think we'll see another Voyager, Freedom and definitely not an Oasis class ship on the West Coast in the near future.:) Perhaps when the Panama Canal widening is finally completed it will be able to handle some of those ships but I don't know if even the new PC will be able to accommodate ships the size of Oasis.

Yep, there were definitely a few that used to whine often about how RCI was screwing them over by not letting them have a Voyager Class ship. I remember trying to explain the expense and difficult logistics that would be involved. Didn't matter, RCI should do it no matter what. I truly hope it is a success. That said, I will be surprised if that is the case.

jc

They could probably sell out a larger ship in the summer doing the Alaska runs, but since they can't just shoot them back through the canal for the winter Caribbean season, it does present a dilemma. Maybe they can keep one doing the Mexican run year round, and then add another that splits summer in Alaska and Mexico in the cooler months. Or perhaps do a longer Hawaii run, although the longer runs are what typically drive the numbers down for both cost and time-off reasons.

I wonder if there are size limits for some of the Alaskan ports. Some of those ports are not exactly right on the coast.

Theron

Sounds like P---Poor Planning, if you ask me, Patti. Hope whoever came up with that schedule isn't involved an any of our future sailings.:D They'll need all those sea days just to recover.;)

I agree Bill...........that certainly better not happen on our TA cruise.........or I'll be wearing orange on formal night.

Hey Patti............thanks for my "laugh of the day!!!":D

According to my watch........muster drill is NOW!;)

Rick

You're welcome!

:D OMG...Patti, I think I just **** my pants I was laughing so hard!!!! You also need to come clean off my computer screen that now has diet pepsi spit all over it!!!

What a hoot....and the sad thing is its all true!!!

Thanks for the laugh!

Your welcome. :p Sorry about the computer screen!!

Carol, I know where Ladysmith is! My family lost touch with a family there in the late 70's...could you look in your phone book and see if there is there still a Kevin(?) and Ellen McCarthy in Ladysmith? My email address is my screen name at hotmail.com. Thanks!

Now, back to Carol...how was CocoCay! How is it going so far! How is the activities staff...

Sorry, just looked McCarthy in our phone book and there's not even one McCarthy in the Ladysmith area:(

Bill, they could do the 7 day Mexico cruise and alternate with 7 day going to Vancouver and back:D

They could probably sell out a larger ship in the summer doing the Alaska runs, but since they can't just shoot them back through the canal for the winter Caribbean season, it does present a dilemma. Maybe they can keep one doing the Mexican run year round, and then add another that splits summer in Alaska and Mexico in the cooler months. Or perhaps do a longer Hawaii run, although the longer runs are what typically drive the numbers down for both cost and time-off reasons.

I wonder if there are size limits for some of the Alaskan ports. Some of those ports are not exactly right on the coast.

Theron

I think that there are size limits for some of the ports but don't know the details. Some Alaska residents complain about the invasion of cruise passengers in some of the ports. I can only imagine their reaction to a ship with the capacity of a Voyager. Frankly I think that the enclosed Solariums of Radiance class ships are far better suited for Alaska than the open air Solariums of Voyager class.:)

Yep, there were definitely a few that used to whine often about how RCI was screwing them over by not letting them have a Voyager Class ship. I remember trying to explain the expense and difficult logistics that would be involved. Didn't matter, RCI should do it no matter what. I truly hope it is a success. That said, I will be surprised if that is the case.

jc

Well, if it doesn't work out on the West Coast I'd consider booking the 46 day cruise back to the East Coast. ;)

jc

It's too bad that all that RCCL wants to do is build BIGGER ships!! The Monarch of the seas, I believe holds not quite 2750 passengers. They could have built a Radiance Class........which holds 2500 passengers, with a bit smaller cabin space and would have held over 3000 passengers, to do the 3/4 night cruises...........and blow away Carnival.

Now it's the other way around. Carnival has immediatly added a second ship......running out of San Diego........as RCCL gave up that port....and Mr. Arison is once again smiling and his bottom line is much better than RCCL.

Bringing the Mariner to San Pedro to do year round 7 day voyages.......well.......that is going to get old very quickly IMHO!

Maybe they could try to vary the itinerary.........once a month to Hawaii, every other cruise in the summer to Alaska.........make it either a 14 day, or two segments of 7 days each, one each way!! There could be a few coastal runs.......from LA to Seattle as well.

Then again......what do we know. I've never run a cruise line company!!:D:D:D

Rick

Well, if it doesn't work out on the West Coast I'd consider booking the 46 day cruise back to the East Coast. ;)

Me too, if I could take 46 days off of work at one go! I envy those on this sailing for 46 days it really is a spectacular itinerary! Now, those 7 days to Vancouver, not so much.:D

jc

And one more thing that I am finding very offensive.........I have a friend that is travelling in an inside cabin. Yesterday she went to the pier coordinator........and was told that no upgrades would be given out till the ship sailed. So..........she said OK..........and got aboard to her inside cabin.

Now I hear from her......that she was turned away at the Guest Relations desk........when she asked to be able to be upgraded for money.

What the sam double HH is going on.......... Why wouldn't the ship want to take someones money.........on a ship half full!!

Rick

And one more thing that I am finding very offensive.........I have a friend that is travelling in an inside cabin. Yesterday she went to the pier coordinator........and was told that no upgrades would be given out till the ship sailed. So..........she said OK..........and got aboard to her inside cabin.

Now I hear from her......that she was turned away at the Guest Relations desk........when she asked to be able to be upgraded for money.

What the sam double HH is going on.......... Why wouldn't the ship want to take someones money.........on a ship half full!!

Rick

She should speak directly to the Guest Relations Manager and not the underlings at the front desk. She can still do that.

Rick

I heard last night from my folks who also tried to upgrade that was told that they were overwhelmed with upgrade requests and already had a huge list. Maybe all they have left are insides, but also the ship is more than half full, it's at 77% capacity.

Archived