I need help with a hotel in Barcelona

DH and I will be spending a 4 night post-cruise stay in Barcelona and need some help from our CC friends. We will arrive on April 30 and depart on May 4. We would like something neat, clean and in a good location for public transportation. As the USD is now starting to work in our favor, we can spend a little more than planned, but we really must have a private bath, about %250.00 per night would be tops for us - less if we can get it.

Any and all ideas are appreciated.

I really enjoyed the H10 Raco del Pi. Nice modern boutique hotel in a great street that is just off Las Ramblas (but still close to Placa Catalunya transportation). The staff were friendly and so helpful after I was pickpocketed.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187497-d231525-r21944821-H10_Raco_Del_Pi-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

That's my recommendation:

Hostel BCN Port: cheap - clean - cenral - 2nd nearest to cruise terminal

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2008/12/barcelona-spain-hotel-recommendation.html

Regards,

HeinBloed

If you want to check out BienBloed's recommendation, the hosel's website is:

http://www.hostalbcnport.com/index.php?lang=en

If looking it up on tripadvisor.com or similar, I think the spelling is hostal, not hostel.

My personal recomendation is the AC Diplomatic on Pau Claris, right off of the Plaza Catalluna. www.ac-hotels.com We stayed there two years ago both pre and post cruise, and will be doing the same at the end of Jan. Costs range from $140 - 168 US for a double. Hotel is 4 star, very clean and modern and has a free mini bar.

DH and I will be spending a 4 night post-cruise stay in Barcelona and need some help from our CC friends. We will arrive on April 30 and depart on May 4. We would like something neat, clean and in a good location for public transportation. As the USD is now starting to work in our favor, we can spend a little more than planned, but we really must have a private bath, about %250.00 per night would be tops for us - less if we can get it.

We stayed at the Olivia hotel right at Cataluña Square this past summer. We were walking distance to Las Rambla, shopping and lots of eating options in walking distance. You could catch the Ho Ho or a Taxi right out front. THe hotel isn't the cheapest but is clean, very modern fun architecture and you can't beat it for convenience.

http://www.oliviahotels.es/

Enjoy Barcelona

If you do a search you will find gazillion posts with recommendations of hotels in Barcelona.

I have stayed twice at Apsis Atrium Palace , just off Passeig de Gracia, near Plaza Catalunya. Price was around 130 -140 Euros. It is a very nice, modern hotel.

IMHO the very best choice is Hotel 1898--you should be able to get it for that price and it is worth every penny--you really need to get an exterior room. They are gorgeous, the facilities are superb, and the location can't be beat. I know you have gotten a lot of recommendations, and I spent weeks researching them all, and I guarantee that this is a great choice providing it fits in your budget!

Cathy

We just stayed at the Apsis Atrium Palace in Oct for 3 nights pre -cruise and then stayed at the Jazz for two nights post cruise. Both were great hotels-great locations clean, modern and had great rates through their own websites. We stayed at the Jazz for about $110 as it was on a Sat and Sunday night post cruise!! We were able to walk all over the place. Both were only a few blocks from the Ramblas! We would stay at both of these hotels again in a minute!!:)

We stayed in Barcelona a couple of nights pre cruise a month ago. We stayed at Hotel Jardi. We had a terrace room. Price was 100euros per night. It's not fancy, but the location is perfect. It's in Barri Gotic, just off Ramblas, close to the Cathedral.

For our trip in June/July 2009, pre-cruise we are spending one night at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. Post cruise we are spending two nights at the Hotel Continental Barcelona. Both are very different hotels with different ratings and locations. We have not stayed at either hotel before but both seem to get good reviews on the cruise critic boards. There are five in our group and we have booked two rooms in each hotel. The Hilton is more highly rated than the Continental, but the Continental has a much better location. We're looking forward to staying in both places.

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete this past November and loved it. Great staff, very clean, good location, and reasonably priced. The buffet wasn't quite what we expected but we managed for breakfast and it was very handy to grab a beer, soda, or bottle of water anytime we chose.

If you like a boutique-type hotel, you might like to look at the Villa Emilia. We stayed for two nights pre-cruise and were very pleased with the modern accommodations, breakfast buffet and great rooftop terrace for a glass of wine after a long day sightseeing. The metro is just around the corner and two stops from La Rambla.

We stayed at the Olivia hotel right at Cataluña Square this past summer. We were walking distance to Las Rambla, shopping and lots of eating options in walking distance. You could catch the Ho Ho or a Taxi right out front. THe hotel isn't the cheapest but is clean, very modern fun architecture and you can't beat it for convenience.

http://www.oliviahotels.es/

Enjoy Barcelona

This is a great Hotel

Is there some huge event in Barcelona on September 1, we just booked a cruise and will stay one night there after the cruise and almost every place I check seems to be sold out!

When I was looking for hotels in Bcn last year, lots came up as not available. I think it has something to do with how far ahead you are booking, especially if its on a consolidator type site. Best bet is to e mail the hotel direct and ask them about availability.

Simon

When I was looking for hotels in Bcn last year, lots came up as not available. I think it has something to do with how far ahead you are booking, especially if its on a consolidator type site. Best bet is to e mail the hotel direct and ask them about availability.

Simon

I ran into the same thing but was able to book directly with the hotel 11 months out.

Archived