Cabin: inside category K with 4 people?? (plaza on sapphire)

boomvan

Hello,

I booked a trip for 4 of us, my girlfriend, myself, and both of my parents. We have an inside Category K room on the Sapphire.

The booking confirmation - bed configuration says "Convertible twins"

What does this mean? How do they fit space for 4 people in these rooms?

I have sailed with Princess before, in these same rooms, but it was only 2 of us before..

Bunk beds?

Can it partially be made into a queen bed?

I just want to know what I'll be facing once I get there...

Mexico - Sapphire Jan 31

Thanks,

Tim

Hello,

I booked a trip for 4 of us, my girlfriend, myself, and both of my parents. We have an inside Category K room on the Sapphire.

I have sailed with Princess before, in these same rooms, but it was only 2 of us before..

Bunk beds?

Mexico - Sapphire Jan 31

Thanks,

Tim

With 4 adults in that small a cabin with 1 bathroom, how much privacy do u think u will have for yourself & girlfriend? I suggest u reconsider this and take 2 cabins instead - u will never regret it..but if u don't I really hope u can all get along very well and share well!

We often have an inside for the three of us. Myself, DH and our DD. Has always worked out. On some she had a roll away, a pull down, or a pull out sleeper sofa. We started this when she was very young and now have it down to a science. This being said, I would rethink this if you have that option. If our daughter was bringing a friend we would opt for another cabin...adjoining, etc. If another cabin is not an option...expect two twins with two pulldowns. The twins could possibly be made into a queen but if left as twins would provide a bit more room. Hope this helps.

No matter what you decide...at least you are cruising and will have a wonderful time.

Rianvi

Hello,

Bunk beds?

Mexico - Sapphire Jan 31

Thanks,

Tim

Four full sized adults in an inside stateroom is going to be a very tight squeeze, especially with only the one small bathroom. Keep in mind there is no sofa sleeper on Princess for an inside stateroom Two upper bunks and two lower twins, a desk chair and one small upholstered chair, is what you will find. Very little floor space.

How in the world will you fit clothing for four adults in that one closet? Just something else to think about. Remember, any more than one medium sized suitcase per person means you will be out of storage space in this size of stateroom, so if you do this, you might try to nicely hint that one suitcase is all that they had better pack. And bring something to organize the bathroom as everyone has their own stuff and there won't be room for all of it. Adults use more toiletries and therefore a storage problem will arise.

This will definitely take a lot of organiziation and a lot of patience to pull this off.

Is it possible? Yes! Is it adviseable? NO NO NO, I wouldn't even consider this! Good Luck though!

Hi Tim

I just booked this cruise as well - but not 4 people in one room - so no suggestions for you there. Have you joined the roll call yet? There is one started, I joined yesterday and it sounds like a fun group of people. You should check it out.

EMS

Who is sleeping in the bunk beds???

yikes!!!

Hello,

Bunk beds?

Mexico - Sapphire Jan 31

Thanks,

Tim

you do NOT want the beds on the floor together-- Putting them together takes up precious floor space.

Take an over the door shoe holder to keep that cabin somewhat organized.

We did 5 of us to an inside cabin-- the cabin was 185 sq feet. ages, 13, 15, 17 & 19 and my.

How much of a price difference is it to get another cabin next door? How much space does GF need to get ready for dinner? Will have to do it at the vanity- no outlets in the bathroom

I don't think I have ever been that mad at myself to consider that arrangement. By the time you are done with the cruise you will all be in love or in hate. There really isn't any space with 4 people for clothes or the suitcases they arrived in.

Please rethink this, spend a little more and have fun.

Hello,

What does this mean? How do they fit space for 4 people in these rooms? Very, very tight!

Bunk beds? here is a pic but this is on Carnival

I just want to know what I'll be facing once I get there...Hell

Mexico - Sapphire Jan 31

Thanks,

Tim

I do this with 2 small kids and it workable...barely. Normally I would say just get me on the ship and I'll be happy. In this case, I would truly stay home rather than sharing a room with 3 other adults. Considering not only sharing a bathroom but others coming into the cabin at various times at night. I have more of this problem as my son gets older. Is getting a second cabin that more expensive. You should consider paying for another cabin or you might end up paying with your sanity.

547335909_CruiseNov.2007051.jpg.8e3c846b8d76056f37c28b267ad5f606.jpg

It will be tight. There are showers near the gym area where you can go if having only one shower causes a problem (I think it will be hard to get ready if everyone likes to shower at the same time). The "old" folks will need the lower beds as climbing the ladders to the upper berths can be difficult. Also some of us "old" folks need to use the bathroom during the night and if they are in the upper berths will wake everyone up getting out of bed. I think it can be done but not easily. Pray no one snores.

Wow! Thank you for all the replies!

Unfortunately, at this time I am unable to make any changes to the room situation. I am lucky and thankful just to be going on a cruise.

I just wanted to know what to expect when we get there... Its definitely not the ideal room setup for all of us, but it is what it is.

A seperate inside room would be around $800, and I cant justify adding that much more to this already expensive vacation..

We will all be coming down from Fairbanks, Alaska, (maybe some of you have been here before) then flying north back home right afterwards. Its -45 below zero (without wind chill) here right now, and I really cant wait to get out of here...

Yay. :)

Its -53 degrees below zero now. If you see where we are coming from and where we will be going, you dont care that you have to share a bathroom.. and at least its not an out-house and it has running water! Its all about the perspective.... :cool:

Hello,

Bunk beds?

Mexico - Sapphire Jan 31

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, good luck!

I have gotten insides for my three girls, ages 13, 16 and 18 and it is a tight squeeze. Of course, I do it becaue they are never in their room! However, as other posters have said, there is so much to do on the ship that you may only be in your room to sleep. And I hope your girlfriend understands that in such close quarters with four people there is no privacy.

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise!

Its -53 degrees below zero now. If you see where we are coming from and where we will be going, you dont care that you have to share a bathroom.. and at least its not an out-house and it has running water! Its all about the perspective.... :cool:

Well, you choose to live in a place that can be 53 degrees below zero; I fail to see what that has to do with it. I'd be interested to know if your girlfriend agrees with your "perspective"; you're asking her to share a tiny room with three people to whom she is not related? You came on here to ask our opinion, which we've all given, and you've dismissed any concerns with snarky requests for donations. Fine, do what you want, but don't come back on here and complain afterwards.

Archived