Am I the Only Person who Simply Gets the Nation of Why Not?

Omgosh, I got the message. It's about changing the way I think about a cruise vacation. It's taking what I thought could only happen on land aboard the ship. I don't have to choose land over sea because I am no longer limited. So, WHY NOT do the things you always wanted to do but in the place least likely.....on a cruise vacation. No longer is cruising about being old and cold, the snob and elite, but young, active and festive. There are no boring imagines of people doing the 'ordinary' cruise things because they were busy doing the extra-ordinary. I have even decided to become a person of why not. Why not go to the gym as promised, book the balcony because the view is worth it, take the kids because they won't forget it, use the good China because it's there....WHY NOT!

If successful marketing is about selling, then I am sold. I will gladly join the nation of why not. Why not become the person and do the things you always dream of?

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/

Ive seen the commercial a bunch of times, and everytime i just think of how i like the old RCI commercials better.

Now that you've broke it down though, i understand it and yeah, it is a pretty cool concept.

Maybe they kind of missed the mark in the easement of understanding it though.

That, or maybe im just alot dumber than i though...:p

I get it and I think it's a novel idea BUT

I kind of like my Current nation, The United States of America. I'm still feeling hopeful about our collective future. I'm still in a post election buzz.

Does Joining the Nation of Why Not mean I have to give up my US Citizenship?:eek:

Why would I want to become a expatriate in order to go on vacation?

I am guilty of recording everything I want to watch on DVR and fast-forwarding through the commercials, even RCI commercials.

I don't care what advertising they do as long as I don't have to watch it. I'm already hooked on RCI, they don't have to convince or sell to me :)

I get it and I think it's a novel idea BUT

I kind of like my Current nation, The United States of America. I'm still feeling hopeful about our collective future. I'm still in a post election buzz.

Does Joining the Nation of Why Not mean I have to give up my US Citizenship?:eek:

Why would I want to become a expatriate in order to go on vacation?

The Nation of Why Not allows for duel citizenship. We have to stop limiting ourselves to what our citizenship or vacation is all about. WHY NOT have both:D

Ah..... thought I was missing something...... we don't get those commercials in the UK..... I don't think....

Thankfully we dont get it here :D

When it does eventually show here I will say... Why not just change to another channel where I dont have to see this Ad.

I dont like "Why Not"..or the "Why Not Nation" or the "Why Not States"

When the old RCCL Ads would come on the TV I would stop whatever I was doing and watch it and smile :D:D:D

The pinatta ad does not work....when it is over, makes ya wanna say "Huh?"

As for the Nation, if it attracts new business, great....I was getting tired of that spoiled brat not smiling...wanted to smack her up side the head...for all the PC folks, that is an expression, I am not really talking about beating a child (that is the dufus disclaimer required for all posts to prevent some dufus from chastising me).

Thankfully we dont get it here :D

When it does eventually show here I will say... Why not just change to another channel where I dont have to see this Ad.

I dont like "Why Not"..or the "Why Not Nation" or the "Why Not States"

When the old RCCL Ads would come on the TV I would stop whatever I was doing and watch it and smile :D:D:D

The younger generation sees the old way 'ads" as reason not to step on a ship. RCCL is starting to compete with Disney. Cruising is no longer for old and retired, but young parents with kids, who buy soda cards, pump money into arcades, buy tons of pics and take ship sponsored excursions. This is substantial income for any cruise. The cruise line knows they have the old and retired, they need the young and festive. They are going after two generations...the young parents and the their kids. The goal is to get them hook at birth and hopefully will they stay until they die, like some of the older folks. Before long you will have a genearation who have cruised their entire life. These people are not into laying around doing nothing. However the larger ships make it possible for the 'typical' cruiser to enjoy their rest and relaxation.

How many of you are young parents cruising with children or new to cruising? This ad will more likely get one new person to try than an old one to leave......that's successful marketing, like it OR NOT:D

The younger generation sees the old way 'ads" as reason not to step on a ship. RCCL is starting to compete with Disney. Cruising is no longer for old and retired, but young parents with kids, who buy soda cards, pump money into arcades, buy tons of pics and take ship sponsored excursions. This is substantial income for any cruise. The cruise line knows they have the old and retired, they need the young and festive. They are going after two generations...the young parents and the their kids. The goal is to get them hook at birth and hopefully will they stay until they die, like some of the older folks. Before long you will have a genearation who have cruised their entire life. These people are not into laying around doing nothing. However the larger ships make it possible for the 'typical' cruiser to enjoy their rest and relaxation.

How many of you are young parents cruising with children or new to cruising? This ad will more likely get one new person to try than an old one to leave......that's successful marketing, like it OR NOT:D

My 19 yr old son said the Why Not Campaign is dumb,dull and not to RCCL's normal high standard and must have been created by amateurs.

He also said if he didnt already love cruising with RCCL then this new campaign would not encourage him to try RCCL.

As for the Nation, if it attracts new business, great....I was getting tired of that spoiled brat not smiling...wanted to smack her up side the head...for all the PC folks, that is an expression, I am not really talking about beating a child (that is the dufus disclaimer required for all posts to prevent some dufus from chastising me).

lol

(I can't stop laughing about 'dufus disclaimer')

My 19 yr old son said the Why Not Campaign is dumb,dull and not to RCCL's normal high standard and must have been created by amateurs.

He also said if he didnt already love cruising with RCCL then this new campaign would not encourage him to try RCCL.

They are not marketing to a 19 year old....that's the Spring Break in Florida campaign:D I won't ask my kids because until they are paying, all I wish to hear from them is thank you. I still think the target is young parents with children or first timers. I probably would not like it if I was 19 or an old timer of cruising, who likes the old ways. Again it caused me to want to book but you not to cancel....it's working. If you are a shareholder and this continues to happen, you will be rich:D

WHY NOT?????

Sounds negative and like whining to me......is it because I have heard that phrase from the three young men I have been raising for the last 20 years;):)

Good luck to RCI in their new campaign, it certainly has not gotten me excited about a cruise vacation. Everything that is in their new add, I and my family can do at a land resort, so why cruise?

WHY NOT?????

Sounds negative and like whining to me......is it because I have heard that phrase from the three young men I have been raising for the last 20 years;):)

Good luck to RCI in there new campaign, it certainly has not gotten me excited about a cruise vacation. Everything that is in their new add, I and my family can do at a land resort, so why cruise?[/quote]

WHY NOT enjoy your land favorites at sea? In the Nation of Why Not, you no longer have to choose:D It's a new nation, under RCCL:p

They are not marketing to a 19 year old....that's the Spring Break in Florida campaign:D I won't ask my kids because until they are paying, all I wish to hear from them is thank you. I still think the target is young parents with children or first timers. I probably would not like it if I was 19 or an old timer of cruising, who likes the old ways. Again it caused me to want to book but you not to cancel....it's working. If you are a shareholder and this continues to happen, you will be rich:D

Perhaps, but the "Get Out There" compaign did a much better job at inticing young families, this ad is just way off the mark. Oh come sail away with us and become part of a Nation of Why Not. UCK

WHY NOT?????

Good luck to RCI in there new campaign, it certainly has not gotten me excited about a cruise vacation. Everything that is in their new add, I and my family can do at a land resort, so why cruise?[/quote]

WHY NOT enjoy your land favorites at sea? In the Nation of Why Not, you no longer have to choose:D It's a new nation, under RCCL:p

then why not enjoy your favorites on land.

Dont mean to be rude here but ...your comment about 19 yr old and spring break is not thinking out of the box..more like thinking of only within USA...RCCL is International. But hey thats a subject for another day.:)

No matter what you reply to me, I do not like the Why Not campaign and believe me I have told RCCL my thoughts on it and I didnt hold back.

It is negative, political and basically ...it stinks...and yes I told RCCL Execs that (they know I always say how I find).

Oh and at 47 yrs old I dont class myself as an old timer :eek:

Advertising does not get people who are already familiar with a product to leave. That is determined by personal experience and whether or not they like the product. This new ad will either get new people to try cruising with RCI or it won't. THAT is what determines sucessful marketing. The point people are making is that it would have done nothing to attract us to RCI if we were not already familiar with the product.

And further more, I think that your basic premise is off the mark. RCI was already going after the younger generation and families with its previous add campaigns. You make it sound like this is some new direction that RCI is going in. It is not. It also appears that you may be a bit off the mark in just what age demogaphic you think that you are posting with on these boards.

RCI does not need some computer generated image and animation of a ship in order to sell itself. They have the real thing. And the real thing is far better than anything depicted in the commercials.

then why not enjoy your favorites on land.

Because I can now do it at sea. Work with me, it's changing the way I think about my vacation:D I can zipline without getting mosquito bites. I can stroll broadway without worring about my kids being out of my sight. I am limited to what I can do on land in any given week. With RCCL, why not enjoy it all? I am filing my citizenship papers for this new nation, under RCCL:D

Archived