Giving up your Seapass Card at the end of your cruise

Have you ever had to give up your Seapass card when you were disembarking the ship at the end of your cruise before?

We sailed on the Mariner 12/7-14 and they took our cards when we were exiting the ship. That was the first time that has ever happened to us before. I was a little disappointed that they kept the cards I like to place them in our scrapbook....

I cruised on the Mariner in Aug. 08 and they didn't take ours!

I have been on one Cruise ( don't remember which one it was or even what cruiseline it was with), but they did collect our seapass card as we exited at the end of our Cruise! That was the only time it happened and it was several years back!

I was on the same cruise also(Mariner..12/07-12/14)

They took our cards,too.:( They said the system was down. I was disappointed , in 40+ cruises , I have kept all of my cards.

We had a room key from the Radisson, so I wrote the Mariner of the Seas and date on it, that will have to be our substitute for the real card.

We never had to. I wouldn't give them up. Too much fun having your first dinner in a restaurant onshore after a cruise and handing the waiter/waitress your SeaPass card. Most don't look at them and come back smiling telling me stories how often they were sliding the card just to be rejected every single time. It's tradition for us. :D

I was on the same cruise also(Mariner..12/07-12/14)

They took our cards,too.:( They said the system was down. I was disappointed , in 40+ cruises , I have kept all of my cards.

We had a room key from the Radisson, so I wrote the Mariner of the Seas and date on it, that will have to be our substitute for the real card.

Such a bummer and it was our first card with Platinum on it too. If I had known they were going to keep them I would have taken a picture of them. I will next time.

Once they took our Seapass cards at the end of a cruise. This was due to a computer problem at the end of the Brilliance of the Seas transatlantic in November, 2006. The computer system seemed to be completely down and there was no other way to get off the ship we were told.

Once they took our Seapass cards at the end of a cruise. This was due to a computer problem at the end of the Brilliance of the Seas transatlantic in November, 2006. The computer system seemed to be completely down and there was no other way to get off the ship we were told.

Hmm, if they told me there was o other way off the ship, I might just suddenly lose the card. Wht are they gonna do, keep me onboard for the next sailing? I should be so lucky. :)

I have always been able to keep the card.

Annieeee

Yes, they kept our cards at the end of the Nov 07 TA on the Navigator.

They had been paging someone for a day or so before the end of the cruise so when they took our cards I thought they may have been looking for the person they had been paging. Never did hear if anyone was missing from that cruise, so I guess and hope they found them.

Connie

Interesting story of what happened on the Mariner. I have never had them ask for the card back. As one suggested it might be because their computer system was down or the scanners were malfunctioning and they have to verify everyone did get off the ship. If they are collecting the cards, you will not have a choice. It is legally their card just like your credit cards belong to the credit card company - read the fine print.

Looks likes this may have been an isolated incident due to the systems being down, and them needing to confirm that everyone left the ship.

I think for my next cruise, I will "Loose" my card early in the cruise and get a replacement, then if the same happens, I'm covered:D

Looks likes this may have been an isolated incident due to the systems being down, and them needing to confirm that everyone left the ship.

I think for my next cruise, I will "Loose" my card early in the cruise and get a replacement, then if the same happens, I'm covered:D

I was thinking the same thing....just in case.

When we did our B2B on Enchantment in October, we had a close up look at how they clear the ship for U.S. Immigration and how very serious they are about it. They can't start boarding the next guests until Immigration gives them the OK.

The Mariner staff did what they had to do.

Rick and Deirdra

Take care not to lose your seapass card if you want to keep it as a souvenier because remember a lot of information is stored on that card. Credit card details etc. If if fell into the hands of someone who had a card reader who knows what info they will read. Look at the bar codes and black line on the back of the card. Deface them.

Archived