Good 5 or 6 night cruises

Hammergirl

My DH and I just decided to take a cruise in March and we have not been on one since 2002 and I am LOST! It seems like there are not many 5 or 6 night one out there. It will be just the two of us and we are looking to have lots of fun. We don't really drink so I party ship would not be our first choice. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a romantic ship? The last trip we went on was a Western Carib. so I really don't want to do that one again.

Kristine

My sister and I are going on Carnival Fascination out of Jacksonville, FL for a 5 night cruise to the Bahamas on 1-24-09. Not sure how romantic it is going to be???!!! This ship just started sailing out of Jacksonville in Sept. The reviews that I have read so far have been very good. We are going to Nassau and Half Moon Cay and 2 days at sea which is a good mix. Best of luck--it is so hard to decide on where to go, what ship,etc.!!

Just did a quick search for 4-6 day Caribbean cruises in March 2009 and got a list that covered more than an entire page. Most listed are Carnival, but RCCI, NCL, and Celebrity all have cruises that meet your criteria. You have to know that March is prime time for spring break, so expect lots of school aged and college age kids on board. Biggest problem is for you is the itinerary; almost all of these cruises are western Caribbean. One notable exception that I found is a March 9 sailing on the Destiny which sails from Miami to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Having sailed this itinerary, I can highly recommend it. Good luck!

Destiny is a larger ship than Fascination, but any cruise that goes to Half Moon Cay gets a huge thumbs-up from me. Just did the Fascination cruise out of Jax specifically so I could return there. It is the most beautiful place ever.

Carnival is as "party" as you want it to be. Or not. You can always find somewhere to get away from the crowds. I don't hang around the main pool area, so have never (just did our 8th cruise, 7th on Carnival) seen a hairy chest contest because I don't choose to be there.

There are many more balcony cabins available on Destiny. Grand Turk is still trying to recover from extreme hurricane damage. Have been to those ports several times and like them all.

I happen to love the Fantasy-class, and sailed on inside on Fascination at an incredibly low price, in an inside cabin (I love insides because I love it very dark when I'm sleeping).

Plus, that sailing has 2 sea days and 2 port days, which is a bit more relaxing.

Some of MArch is also high peak family sailing time along with spring break.

If you can wait til April check out the Carnival Prides first sailing our of Baltimore for a 6 night cruise. Leaves on Monday and back home by Saturday

My DH and I just decided to take a cruise in March and we have not been on one since 2002 and I am LOST! It seems like there are not many 5 or 6 night one out there. It will be just the two of us and we are looking to have lots of fun. We don't really drink so I party ship would not be our first choice. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a romantic ship? The last trip we went on was a Western Carib. so I really don't want to do that one again.

Kristine

With spring break being peak season in March, I'd try to stay away from the cruise lines that college kids seem to favor, such as Carnival and Royal Caribbean. Personally I'd look at Celebrity Century. It's a wonderful ship and will probably have the least amount of spring breakers onboard.

With spring break being peak season in March, I'd try to stay away from the cruise lines that college kids seem to favor, such as Carnival and Royal Caribbean. Personally I'd look at Celebrity Century. It's a wonderful ship and will probably have the least amount of spring breakers onboard.

Kids that are 21 will not be able to book a cruise on those cruiselines unless someone in the cabin is over 25.

Kids that are 21 will not be able to book a cruise on those cruiselines unless someone in the cabin is over 25.

That is incorrect. As long as the kids are 21, they don't need someone over the age of 25 in their cabin. The only time someone over the age of 25 is required to be in the cabin is if the other passengers are LESS than 21 years of age.

Archived