majesty or monarch

which ship do you prefer and why?

need a 3 night vacation!

Well, we have never been on Monarch but have heard good things. We have been on Majesty 5 times going back over 14 years and we love the ship. The crew continues to be great and she is looking better than ever after the recent dry dock and refurbishment (Majesty will probably look just a bit "newer" because of this). You cannot go wrong with either as they are very similar, but we would cast our vote for Majesty since she is our 'first love'.

I've actually been on both and, yes, they are pretty much the same. Both have great crews. The one main differnece is the Majesty had Johnny Rockets restaurant while the Monarch had Jade (a sushi bar and Asian-fusion restaurant). Both of these restaurants are an additional cost, however. personally, I always take the Monarch because it is in Port Canaveral and I live in Orlando. I much prefer a 45 minute drive to the port over a 4 hour drive. If you are driving down from SC, Monarch would save you about 8 hours traveling time round-trip. Have a great time whatever you choose!

We preferred the Monarch. Just got off one week ago and it was fantastic. We sailed the Majesty in Dec 2007 and it was good. The crew really makes the Monarch. The ships are basically the same. Port Caneraval is much easier than Miami. MUCH! And Cocoa Beach beats South Beach hands down! Unless you're a little freaky!:eek: ENJOY!

We preferred the Monarch. Just got off one week ago and it was fantastic. We sailed the Majesty in Dec 2007 and it was good. The crew really makes the Monarch. The ships are basically the same. Port Caneraval is much easier than Miami. MUCH! And Cocoa Beach beats South Beach hands down! Unless you're a little freaky!:eek: ENJOY!

I guess I am a little freaky, as I love the Majesty and the port of Miami. I think Miami is much easier to fly into than Orlando. And I think leaving the port of Miami is WAY prettier than port Caneraval. JMHO

Laura

I was on Majesty last October and Monarch last week. Both ships are in great shape. I don't think you can go wrong with either. While both crews are great, I'd have to give the advantage to Monarch. This is probably due to the the current Captain and Hotel Director on Monarch who I've been told are 2 of the best in the fleet.

Regarding Orlando airport vs Miami airport, I much prefer Orlando. I find Orlando has many flights from my area, and competitively priced. The drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral is easy. Cocoa Beach is much less crowded than Miami with reasonably priced hotels and restaurants. Yes, it's not as glitzy as Miami, so if you want glitz, by all means go to Miami. I'll take Cocoa Beach anytime.

Bob

I guess I am a little freaky, as I love the Majesty and the port of Miami. I think Miami is much easier to fly into than Orlando. And I think leaving the port of Miami is WAY prettier than port Caneraval. JMHO

Laura

No disrespect intended Laura! Just my commentary on South Beach. Yes, leaving Miami is prettier than PC. Seeing the skyline at the rear and South Beach on the port side is nice. Heck, sometimes it takes longer to get from MIA to the port than it does getting from MCO to PC and it's, what, three times distance? I'm in MIA at least once a year and the traffic has become a nightmare!

No disrespect intended Laura! Just my commentary on South Beach. Yes, leaving Miami is prettier than PC. Seeing the skyline at the rear and South Beach on the port side is nice. Heck, sometimes it takes longer to get from MIA to the port than it does getting from MCO to PC and it's, what, three times distance? I'm in MIA at least once a year and the traffic has become a nightmare!

None taken! We always fly in and stay one night pre cruise at the InterContinental so a very short cab ride the next day to the port. And I guess I just like the hotel better too.

Laura

This Again!!!!! There has been almost a dozen Monarch vs. Majesty threads!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894318&highlight=

The above link also has links going to other Monarch vs. Majesty threads!

The OP very nicely asked a question and all of us were answering it. If this thread does not intrest you then just don't read it. Very easy.

Laura

The OP very nicely asked a question and all of us were answering it. If this thread does not intrest you then just don't read it. Very easy.

Laura

I was just telling ya'll that there is more Majesty vs. Monarch threads, in case you wanted more info!

This Again!!!!! There has been almost a dozen Monarch vs. Majesty threads!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894318&highlight=

The above link also has links going to other Monarch vs. Majesty threads!

I was just telling ya'll that there is more Majesty vs. Monarch threads, in case you wanted more info!

It was the way you started with "This Again".;) But thank you for offering the links to the other threads.:)

Laura

We've been on both ships. Just off Monarch last week. The RCCL bus to Pt. Canaveral was ok. We had to wait more than an hour to catch it. On the way back to the airport on the bus, the driver/bus could not communicate with the entrance/crossbar to the drop off area, twice! The driver had to depart the bus and manually enable the crossbar to let the bus enter the airport. Another hassle.

You have to plan for at least an hour each way for the Pt. Canaveral bus transfer.

Our flight/transfer to Miami/Majesty via taxi cab was much easier and no more expensive than the ship's transfer. And much faster.

Bottom line, your expenses to Pt. Canaveral vs. Miami (and consider the long Pt. Canaveral transfer both ways) is important. Both ships were a lotta fun. Monarch had more fun and a bit more better service.

But, if we had to pick one or another again, the hassle of Orlando/Pt. Canaveral and back again, would loose out to Miami and Majesty.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived