Lemon drop martini

Pattis_61

As a matter of fact I do, I went to Martini Madness on the Voyager and they gave us a printed menu of all their ingridients for a lot of their martinis.

Lemon Drop Martini

Absolut Citron Vodka

Sweet and Sour and a splash of club soda

served chilled with sugar and lemon

This is the recipe I use:

1 1/2 ounces Citron Vodka

1/2 ounce Triple Sec

1 teaspoon superfine sugar

3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice (makes it real good)

Ice cubes

Superfine sugar for dipping

Twisted peel of lemon

Mix the vodka, Triple Sec, sugar, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice; shake well (supposedly the cocktail is to be shaken 40 times to make sure the sugar is well blended). Pour strained liquor into sugar-rimmed martini glass and garnish with a twisted peel of lemon.

NOTE: To create a sugar-rimmed glass, take a lemon wedge and rub the drinking surface of the glass so it is barely moist. Dip the edge of the glass into sugar.

Makes 1 serving.

Thats so funny this thread came up...........I was just talking today to my husband and he told me I need to get the ingredients for Lemon Drops cuz I LOVE them......the ship ones are the best...........

This is the recipe I use:

1 1/2 ounces Citron Vodka

1/2 ounce Triple Sec

1 teaspoon superfine sugar

3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice (makes it real good)

Ice cubes

Superfine sugar for dipping

Twisted peel of lemon

Mix the vodka, Triple Sec, sugar, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice; shake well (supposedly the cocktail is to be shaken 40 times to make sure the sugar is well blended). Pour strained liquor into sugar-rimmed martini glass and garnish with a twisted peel of lemon.

NOTE: To create a sugar-rimmed glass, take a lemon wedge and rub the drinking surface of the glass so it is barely moist. Dip the edge of the glass into sugar.

Makes 1 serving.

Thats the same recipe I use to serve my wife her favorite martini. I found it online about a year ago. We go on trips and she compares my martini versus the other martini's and I always win =)

Martini? We call them shooters!:eek:

They're the same drink. They get put in a martini glass, get called a whatever martini and can overcharge for it. In my opinion if it doesn't involve gin or vodka and vermouth with an olive in it, then it's not a martini.

This is the I've always used

Lemon Drop Martini

February 02, 2005

There are a lot of variations, but this is my way:

Ok so you will need:

Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (No pits, please!)

Simple Syrup (Or a good Sweet & Sour Mix to cheat)

Vodka - Absolut Citron preferred.

Ice

Sugar

Mix 1 part Lemon Juice with a "splash" of Simple Syrup, to one part (ok 3 parts) Vodka. Pour over ice in a martini shaker and shake vigorously for a few seconds.

NOTE: Make sure when shaking the Shaker that the lid is securely placed on top and one hand rests securely on the lid. I got cocky one time and did a one-handed shake and the lid flew off and precious Lemon Drop was flailed all over my stove.

Use a lemon wedge to wet the rim of a martini glass and dip in superfine sugar or confectioner's sugar. Pour in the lemon drop and enjoy!

Or, you know. Just drink it right from the shaker.

http://www.thefoodwhore.com/recipes/2005/02/lemon_drop_mart.htm

Can you get these in the CL?
No.......at least none of the ones I have been in...........

You may have all the ships over there, but we can buy booze any day of the week.:p

Thats cuz you NEED it more to drown your sorrows with no ships.......:D

Thanks for your two cents Carol.......;) hahah

Archived