S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

FYI. When booking any cruise don't select cabin under theatre, dancers practice very early a.m. hours, very loud against ceilings. Also avoid cabins below pool decks. Pool butlers set up lounge chairs very early in the morning. Scraps on deck heard below in cabins. Annoying! Wakes ya up!! Also depending on ship/cruise line, cabins by elevator can be loud mechanical sounds, all night long.

Just a few things I avoid when booking for all.

Ship Silhouette

Cabin 1042

CC3

Forward Starboard Last cabin before jut in and a CC2

Bed near bath faced forward

Very Quiet. No issues. Right inside hall from Elevators

View is good. Can't get much better.

I just noticed on my photo stream that cabin 6245 portside on Celebrity Silhouette had big orange evac boats just below the balcony, which was an annoying obstruction that I thought wouldn't matter, but it did. So I arrived at this forum because I wanted to post a photo of it for future users.

We were also just above a smoking area but never noticed that on our balcony.

Then I read the enclosed mention of noise and remembered that the first 36 hours in our cabin was very noisy. The sound resembled a jet engine on take off, with serious vibrations. We called the desk and of course before the service fellow arrived, the noise stopped. This happened three times. Then the noise stopped and never happened again. So cabin 6245, although a great location near elevators, did have some problems, but we did not ask to be moved..everything otherwise was fine.

We were assigned 6245 as an upgrade from our Balcony guarantee category.

These posts by have just saved me a lot of hassle. I booked the silhouette for a cruise in October 2016 and was offered a few cabins on deck 6. I jumped at 6240 as it was on the hump and knew that it must have an oversize balcony. Everything was confirmed. I then happened to do a search on the cabin and found this. So glad I did. Needless to say I have changed the cabin allocation.

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 6209

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2D

AREA: Hump

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Sometimes in the shower I'd hear music.

BALCONY VIEW: Officially (sold as) - fully obstructed Unofficial- obstruction is minimal. Much better than I'd hoped for.

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized (angled on the hump). Fully shaded.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Despite being on smoking side with smoking area immediately below, we never once got a whiff. Also, some light reflects up at night from Promenade Deck. Was woken up one morning early to workers washing the deck below, however we'd left the patio door open so it was not a big deal.

For the price paid this was a fabulous cabin. At the railing we were able to see almost straight down to the water.

CABIN #: 1118

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C2

AREA: Mid

QUIET?: Very quiet other than the occasional slamming of the neighbour's door

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized (angled on the hump)

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great location close to the Library and elevators. Just 3 quick flights up the stairs to the Oceanview Cafe or straight down to the Opus Dining room. Loved it and would not hesitate to book again.

CABIN #: 2161

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Sky Suite (S1)

AREA: Mid ship

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Yes (except when neighbor was practicing harmonica on balcony!:eek: Was handled quickly by staff). First day we heard the elevator dings and thought it would bug us, but after first day, didn't notice.

BALCONY VIEW: Good, no overhang

BALCONY SIZE: Normal. Expected larger due to some reviews some said it was bigger than most S1. If it was,I didn't notice.

WIND A PROBLEM?:No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:Bed facing aft. Most people don't care, but I like to sleep with the direction of the ship. This trip was the first time we've ever had just ok cabin service. We didn't see our butler very often and never met the cabin attendants. On other cruises we really enjoyed getting to know them. We attributed it to being in the middle, so they had to make extra effort to get to our hall. However, our friends in suite in same location on other side, had a wonderful crew.

SHIP: reflection

CABIN #: 1249

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C2

AREA: mid/aft

BED NEAR: balcony

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: good

BALCONY SIZE: oversize as is on bump out angle

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: on back side of second bump so no real view forward. All else good. Near elevator so quick access but no noise.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1547

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Forward to Mid

BED NEAR: Door

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Great

BALCONY SIZE: A bit larger

WIND A PROBLEM?: never

SOOT A PROBLEM?: never

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Enjoyed this room very much. Not too far to elevators. Awesome shower.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN: 6305

DECK:6

CLASS: Sky Suite 1

AREA: AFT

BED: Near Balcony

QUIET: Very quiet. No foot traffic. No issues with noise above or below

BALCONY VIEW: Great view aft and port side

WIND PROBLEM:No

SOOT: No

Fabulous cabin. Spacious quiet plenty of storage, large bathroom. Long walk to lifts but good exercise - necessary for all the fabulous food. Only downside for me was lack of shelter from the sun. Half the day there is full sun the other half all shade. Having said that would choose the same cabin again in a heartbeat. Almost perfect.

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 6328

Deck #: 6

Class: 1A

Area: Mid aft. Back of the second hump

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: Good but you can see a bit of the top of the first lifeboat

Balcony size: Larger than usual but not so deep as to create a tunnel effect with a good view back down the ship

Wind a problem?: Well protected from the wind

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: No but think this cabin is a little overpriced as a 1A as there is a slight view obstruction from the lifeboat but we loved it and would book it again.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 7306

Deck #: 7

Class: 2A

Area: Mid-aft

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: Good view out and lifeboats below but not a problem

Balcony size: Normal

Wind a problem?: No

Problems/comments: Very nice quiet cabin. Would be happy to book it again.

Spreadsheet shows this cabin to have bed by balcony, however on Reflection the bed is near bathroom. Cabin is nice overall, but I prefer bed by the balcony. Please update for future cruisers.

Is anyone updating that spreadsheet any longer? There are lots of mistakes. that's why I always double check on the deck plans.

SHIP. - Equinox

CABIN - 1667 aft

DECK - 11 long walk to aft we did not mind it at all

CLASS - Sky Suite SS2

AREA - AFT

BED - near bath

NOISE - Very quiet never heard anything

BALCONY VIEW - Aft of ship and wake (our favorite)

BALCONY SIZE - larger than most table two chairs and foot rests

SOOT - A little but nothing that our great cabin steward did not take care of

COMMENTS - loved this room so much we booked it for our next two cruises!!

CABIN #: 7106

DECK #: 7

CLASS: Ocean view

AREA: Forward

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Yes and No

BALCONY VIEW: n/a

BALCONY SIZE: n/a

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Forward facing window over looking the Heliport. This cabin has plenty of room for two. It is very quiet at sea but when docking all hell breaks loose. You can hear a little bit of everything while docking.

Cabin # : 2156

Deck #: 12

Class: S1

Bed: Near Bathroom

Quiet: Not all the time

Balcony view: Center of ship-No Obstructions

Balcony Size: Normal for S1

Wind a Problem ?: No

Soot a Problem ?: No

Problems/Comments: Pool deck above heard running until about 11:30 PM. Noise also from the sink in the bathroom each time it was used. Was formerly Aqua Suite, so a nice shower panel, near elevator which was good. Wouldn't book this location again. T

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin : 6173

Deck: 6

Class: verandah ocean view

Bed: by balcony

Quiet: yes

Balcony view: partly obstructed by lifeboats below. Cabins next to us have very

obstructed view due to large lifeboat lift arms extending above balcony railings.

c5819beff37d75032e3c1e0391b54313.jpg

d41e3c17eb219ca128252a7341434cdb.jpg

Balcony size: normal

Wind a problem? no

Soot a problem? no

Comments: Lifeboats mounted directly to deck 5 below are major obstructions to most deck 6 cabins except those forward of the forward elevators. Lifeboats obstruct ocean view on deck 5 walkway. Clothes closet partly obstructed by sofa. Very little counter space in bathroom.

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

SHIP: CELEBRITY EQUINOX

CABIN #: 2126

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Sky Suite 2

AREA: Aft

QUIET?: NO - Oceanview Cafe above, rolling carts, sometimes until 3 am

BALCONY VIEW: Lovely!

BALCONY SIZE: Excellent - 2 loungers, 2 foot stools, table.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Loved the cabin, but if you are a light sleeper, beware! My husband slept through the rolling carts, I did not.

Photos of Sky Suite 2126 - Celebrity Equinox

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2212

Class – S2

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very noisy! Banging for a few minutes every day around 4:00AM. Then again around 6:30AM from the scraping of chairs and tables above being set up for the morning. This noise was present most of the day.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Noisy

Any other comments? I would avoid due to noise above.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 6205

AREA: Midship

BALCONY VIEW: Obstructed view with tender outside but could easily see over the top of the tender - but not down to the water

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not really

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Cabin was great, only noise was when people next door closed their door noisily and sometimes could hear people in cabin above moving around.

Obstructed Balcony view didn't worry us at all as you could still see everything except down to the water. Would book again. Would add picture but can't work out how to do it.

Edited by KazAllen

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 6183

AREA: mid port side. Not bad walk to either elevator, could get to theater, shops and restaurants without bothering with elevator

BED NEAR: bath

QUIET?: very

BALCONY VIEW: obstructed view with life boat right outside but could still see everything and we had a balcony at a great price

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no and also no issue with the 5 th deck smoking area since it was pretty far away

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin #: 8244

Deck #: 8

Area: Mid aft

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet?: No. Very close to the main elevators and could hear music from the grand foyer every night. I'm a new cruiser and didn't consider that. Also, every night after 10:00 there was loud banging for over an hour. I see someone on the Solstice commented about that for the same room number and referred to noisy neighbors each night, but I don't believe that's what it was. It was some sort of ship noise, but I could not figure out what it was or where it was coming from. Banging every night between 10:00 pm and midnight and often in the mornings beginning around 7:00 - and loud enough to keep me awake/wake me up.

Balcony view: Very good.

Balcony size: Typical. Good size for us.

Wind a problem?: None that I noticed.

Problems/comments: The biggest problem for me was the music/bass noise from the bands playing late into the night as well as the loud banging each night and morning. I only stay out late a couple of nights, preferring to relax and retreat to my room most of the time. So, the noise bothered me.

Thanks so much for the information, I'm booked in cabin #8281 and have head the floor plan on Celebrity is incorrect so anyone who can help me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Sharon Campbell

Nice to hear that you have booked cabin. Even i'm too planning to book.

CABIN #: 8251

DECK #: 8 - Vista

CLASS: 1A

AREA: Midship - convenient to elevators and easy to get to everything

BALCONY VIEW: Awesome

BALCONY SIZE: Larger on the slant - very roomy and comfortable

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We really enjoyed this cabin. We had plenty of storage and found it very cozy. Reflection is a beautiful ship and they are constantly cleaning everything. Very friendly and fun crew.