S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Ship: Solstice

Deck - 8

Cabin # 8351

Class – Sunset Veranda

Starboard or Port Side - Aft Facing

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting – Quiet except for very noisy neighbors (not fault with cabin)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great unobstructed view of aft wake, bonus - wake was lighted all night!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? Normal Size balcony

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? None

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Plenty of storage, comfortable room, well maintained

Ship: Equinox

Deck - 9

Cabin # 9296

Class – C2 Concierge Class

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Cabin: Very quiet

Balcony View: This is on the back side of the hump, 3rd cabin back. Not much forward view but side and aft views are great, and the veranda is huge.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? Huge veranda, fully covered.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Door scrapes on the door jamb and if you don't pay attention it will not close completely. It was reported to maintenance so it might be fixed by now, but if not just make sure it's closed securely when you come and go. It wasn't a big deal to us.

Any other comments? This is an awesome cabin - easy access to everything above and below, very quiet, huge veranda, bed was comfortable, no problems with water pressure or temp. We loved it.

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin 6242

Deck 6

Category 2C

Area: Near aft Stairs

Bed near Bathroom

Quiet

View: can see top of lifeboat from deck below balcony, but minimal obstruction so great value.

Oversize balcony so spacious.

No soot.

No wind issues.

SHIP: Constellation

CABIN #: 7001

DECK #: 7

CLASS: Ocean view (04)

AREA: Forward

BED NEAR: Back Wall

QUIET?: Mostly

BALCONY VIEW: n/a

BALCONY SIZE: n/a

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very large room at the very front of the ship. Excellent view from the oversized porthole window. I would book this room again.

SHIP: Celebrity Solstice

CABIN #: 9217

DECK #: 9

AREA: Mid Ship

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Perfect - on hump so could see forward and rear

BALCONY SIZE: Regular 2 chairs and a table

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

This is a great cabin right near the lifts and the card room. No noise at all from the card room. I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 1508

Deck #: 11

Area: Forward Starboard

Category: Aqua Class A2

Bed near Bath

Quiet?: Some noise from gym above, not enough to wake me but sporadic noises after 6:30AM. Sounds like someone dropping free weights. Wasn't really a big deal. My group had cabins from 1504 to 1514 and nobody was upset by the noise. Might bother light sleepers.

Balcony view: partially blocked by the bridge, nothing too bad.

Balcony size: Normal

Wind a problem: No

Soot a problem: No

Comments?Problems: Long walk to dining. Cabin was fine. Close to Relaxation room and Spa. Convenient to theater and Sky Observation Lounge.

Edited by CTBob

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 6300

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2C

AREA: Starboard Aft

BED NEAR: Balcony

BALCONY VIEW: Looking down and somewhat out to the blue roof of the restaurant that is below the cabin. You can look out to the water and to the scenery, but if you want to look straight down, then this is not the cabin for you. Likewise, I doubt that any cabins above this one can look STRAIGHT down.

BALCONY SIZE: Somewhat larger than the standard balcony due to the location.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Make sure your Fitbit is charged, because you will rack up steps walking to this cabin. It's very far from the elevators as it is nearly at the back of the ship. It's very quiet at the back as you don't have many folks walking past your room. We loved our room attendants and the larger balcony. Only con was the long walk when you just want to quickly drop off something to your cabin. Otherwise, I would book this cabin again.

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 1549

DECK #: 11 - Penthouse

CLASS: AC1

AREA: Midship

BED NEAR: Window

QUIET?: -

BALCONY VIEW:OBSTRUCTED/Aft

BALCONY SIZE: Large/Angled

WIND A PROBLEM?: -

SOOT A PROBLEM?: -

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is an Obstructed View Balcony under the overhang of the Sanctuary pool/AquaSpa Cafe. This obstruction is part of the glass cleaning equipment, that does not move its location during sailings. It is stored there at all times. Very distracting. Actually moved cabin to avoid this as it is not listed on any Deckplan as obstructed. AVOID!

CABIN #: 1501

DECK #: 11 - Penthouse

CLASS: AC2

AREA: Forward

BED NEAR: Bathroom

BALCONY VIEW: Massive

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:This is the forward-most highest Port Side Stateroom. The cruiseline considers this balcony obstructed by the Bridge protrusion, but your view is over the bridge (see what the Captain sees). It has a higher ceiling height on the Balcony due to no plumbing runs above than any other AC2 class room on the Port Side. Motion can be felt more in this location than midship, walk to lifts is moderate.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 7315

CLASS: SV

AREA: AFT

QUIET?: Very Quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Fantastic view to the stern of the ship - great for sail aways

BALCONY SIZE: typical standard size balcon

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not in my experience

SOOT A PROBLEM?: Not on our cruise. It must depend what fuel they are burning.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Little balcony overhang so very exposed. Long walk from lifts but that wasn't a problem for us

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6299

Class – Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda Obstructed View Category 2C

Starboard or Port Side - Port side

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet cabin, could here the people next door from time to time but I consider it to be quiet. Not connecting.

Balcony View - Obstructed by the roof of the specialty resturant on deck five, it wasn't an issue for us. See the Youtube clip posted below.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger then the balconies on the decks above.

Was wind a problem? - Not as long as you are inside the balcony walls.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not a problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - It's very aft of the ship, with other words there's a "long" walk to the elevators. The ship is moving in a strange way from side to side from time to time, not a big problem.

Any other comments? - Would book this cabin again without a doubt.

Youtube video:

CABIN #: 1574

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Mid-Ship, close to Forward

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed from all angles

BALCONY SIZE: Average

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:Great room on a convenient floor

I was so happy to see your review as this is the stateroom we will be staying in the week of March 19th.

CABIN #: 1245

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C2

AREA: Aft (second cabin from aft elevator bank/stairs)

QUIET?: Some creaking; could hear TV next door

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized (angled on the hump)

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Crew supply closet is right outside of door.

CABIN #: 7286

CLASS: 1A

AREA: Mid ship, First cabin on aft slant

BALCONY SIZE: Largest of the angled balconies

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great cabin, close to elevators, large balcony

CABIN #: 1507

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Forward/Port

QUIET?: Wonderfully

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed view

BALCONY SIZE: ~2m x ~4m

WIND A PROBLEM?:No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS - Loved this cabin, its quiet location, and Aqua Class!

Edited by cruiserloser99

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 7241 Hump

CLASS: 1A

AREA: Mid-Ship Hump, close to Planet Earth/Elevators.

BALCONY VIEW: Great view

BALCONY SIZE: Being a hump cabin, the balcony is huge. That said, it's size is in the depth, not the width, so the back part of the balcony is almost always in shade.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great location. I had concerns as I found out one of the smoking areas is two floors below on 5, but this wasn't an issue with second hand smoke. One time I smelled a cigar from below, which is not allowed in that area.

CABIN #: 1032

DECK #: 10 (Sky)

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR: n/a

QUIET?: YES!

BALCONY VIEW: n/a

BALCONY SIZE: n/a

WIND A PROBLEM?: n/a

SOOT A PROBLEM?: n/a

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This room is in a little alcove, all by itself, behind the elevators. Easy access in and out, and we never heard a peep from other passengers or cabin stewards (even though the service doors/elevators are right next door). Room service remains accumulate nearby, but the service is so good that you rarely see more than a glass or two on the cart (no day-old breakfast plates, etc.). This room does not have a sofa, but instead a chair and side table. I preferred that, and felt that it was easier to move around in than many of the balcony rooms. We did experience quite a bit of rocking/pitching due to rough seas, and I would recommend a cabin on a lower level closer to the middle if you are prone to seasickness.

CABIN #: 1519

CLASS: A2 AQUA

AREA: Forward Port side

QUIET? VERY

BALCONY SIZE: Nice/Normal/2 Chairs, both w/footstools, Table

WIND A PROBLEM: No

SOOT A PROBLEM: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Loved this stateroom, and would book it again. Super quiet. Noticed friends in cabin next door (1521) had their TV volume set fairly loud (due to his hearing loss), but we never heard a peep of it in our room. Worried that cabin might be too far forward, but found no problem for us. Noticed NO cabin "wear and tear" anywhere - all furnishings looked brand new. Flat screen TV could be swiveled to watch from bed. Beautiful balcony view, could even see the port navigation bridge farther forward and sometimes watched officers in there when leaving/arriving ports. Lovely relaxing cruise on beautiful ship!

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin: 1068

Class: C2 (Concierge)

Deck: 10 midships

Bed: near balcony

Noise: Very quiet

Balcony: Good view all directions/lifeboats no problem

Balcony Size: normal

Wind: No problem

Soot: No problem

Comments: Midway between humps on deck 10. Very quiet location. No issues. Great view all directions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship: Reflection

CABIN #: 2160

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Sky Suite

AREA: Aft - on the hump

QUIET?: There was some noise from the Ping Pong table activities during the day. At night there was no noise.

BALCONY VIEW: private

BALCONY SIZE: Very large

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Our butler, Bart, was amazing. The only small complaint was the cart was usually parked outside our suite.

Ship: Equinox

Cabin: 7104

Class: Ocean view

Area: Far forward

Bed: Near bath

Quiet: NO!

View: The Helipad and the staff "lounge" under the helipad

Problems/Comments: The room is large with plenty of space to maneuver. Storage is limited. The noise from the engines and mechanics was bothersome leaving and arriving in ports. The wave motion is significant if the seas are rough, and the sound of the waves hitting the ship sound like cannon fire! We had a few nights when sleep was poor. We could hear the staff talking in the late evenings from their lounge area but it wasn't really loud, but it woke me one night. Our cabin was immaculate, so it was basically the location that was poor. Our neighbors always placed their dirty dishes from room service on the floor across from our door, so coming around the corner I had to watch not to step on them. I would not book this room again unless it was deeply discounted, and even then I doubt it.