S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1198

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard (I think)

Bed near? – in middle of room since it was a suite.

Quiet Cabin Yes - the quietest we have ever had

Balcony View - slightly obstructed by the window washing equipment, but did not interfere with our enjoyment.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - slightly oversized as it is a suite balcony on the corner aft, so it was a wrap around balcony, but not nearly as big as the aft balconies on the Millennium class ships.

Was wind a problem? almost always.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no, loved it and would get it again. Very spacious.

Any other comments? Loved the ship and the room. However, since it was an aft room, we did have a "pole" in the room, which was very odd. The pole was right next to the bed, which meant you could only get in the bed on one side, unless you wanted to maneuver around the pole.

Deck - 7

Cabin # 7259

Class – 2B

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – no noise that I can recall - generally quiet

Balcony View - fine

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? great location as not too far from elevators. wonderful bathroom with lots of storage, great shower.

Mysticks 1

Donna

I am new to this site and also to cruising, but not new to travel.

I applaud you for this task, what a great idea not to mention the time involed.

I also am very much detail oriented in every thing I do including my travel.

thank you for taking this on.

I wonder if you have any info on aqua class penthouse deck cabin 1636. we depart on May 15 Solstice

thanks again!

Barbara

Deck - 7

Cabin # 7265

Class – 2B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – no ship noise. Neighbors were quite loud and we could hear them talking in their cabin when balcony door was open. They spent a lot of time fighting and swearing.

Balcony View - great looking out. This balcony is between two life boats so there is some water view straight down

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? The sofa bed does not fold out. You sleep on top or pull out the trundle. The bathroom is great, lots of storage and the shower head is nice.

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9303

Class – Concieres

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Barely heard a thing.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Beautiful view of the back of the ship. Love seeing the wake pass us by.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was average size, although it appeared larger than cabin 9301 next door.

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? There was soot on the floor of the verandah. It was a little annoying, but did not ruin my cruise. I didn't have any soot falling on me while we were sailing. Sat on verandah every day.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? No covering on Verandah...sun all day.

Mysticks 1

Donna

I am new to this site and also to cruising, but not new to travel.

I applaud you for this task, what a great idea not to mention the time involed.

I also am very much detail oriented in every thing I do including my travel.

thank you for taking this on.

I wonder if you have any info on aqua class penthouse deck cabin 1636. we depart on May 15 Solstice

thanks again!

Barbara

1636 hasn't been reported on yet but the cabin next door - 1634 is on the sheet so your cabin should be similar- they reported noise around 7:30 each morning. Search the thread for 1634 and you can read all the comments. 1636 will have the bed next to the balcony.

Deck: Resort

Cabin: 2101

Class: Concierge

Starboard or Port: Starboard

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet cabin: Quiet

Balcony size: Normal- only one neighbor

Wind: No

Aft cabin: N/A

Specific problems: None, booked same cabin again on Equinox

Thanks Donna - what a great idea. We are planning on June 2010 to the Med and this will help! When you look at a side view of the ship, mid-ship you see balconys that curve out. Do these have larger balconies or larger cabins?

The ones on the angle are reported to have larger balconies - all cabins are the same. If you will look at the diagram and the spreadsheet that I created you will find some of the larger ones. Be advised that deck 8 is incorrect on the Solstice Deck plan. The cabin locations are off on some of them. Look at the spreadsheet and you will find a couple that are reported and give their correct locations.

With many looking for information on specific cabins on Solstice I thought it might be good to have a form of sorts for everyone to post basic information on each cabin that is easily read and searchable.

Hopefully if future cruisers will cooperate we can eventually obtain information on most every cabin and possibly get it as a sticky. Below is the information that I have noticed many wanting to know about the cabins. Please add any pertinant information that I might have missed. I will add a post after this one with just the questions that you can "Reply To" and add your information without copying and editing this first post. I hope to eventually get the basic info in a table and will try to post that periodically within the thread.

Please name your post with the title "Cabin # xxxx" so that those searching for information on a specific cabin can locate those easier with the search this forum option by using the cabin number that they need info on.

After the questions please add any comments concerning location - close to elevators, far from specific venues, etc. Also, post links to your photos of specific cabins or attach photos to the post.

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8315

Class – 2A Balcony stateroom

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Extremely quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was excellent. If you went to the railing and looked directly down (and I mean straight down) you were looking at lifeboat roofs. But this did not in any way detract from the view when sitting or looking out the window. (See my review of Solstice)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized but with much nicer furniture then I'm used to seeing. Also, it had a nice table for breakfasts... it was at normal seating height!

Was wind a problem?

No, Wind was not a problem.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None whatsoever. Excellent cabin! Best ever!

Any other comments? Can't wait to cruise on Solstice again... and I'd take this cabin again in a heartbeat.

Deck - Sky

Cabin # - 1202

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Was connecting though we didn't use it as such. There was a small amount of noise from the neighboring cabin and occasionally sound from above or in hallway but not enough to be bothersome.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – clear view straight out. Loved to watch the wake and the sunset

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I guess it was normal size. We only had 2 people in our group and we never managed to be using the balcony at the same time so it worked fine for us. We planned to do room service dinner out on the balcony one night but by then it was too dark.

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? only time I ever noticed the soot was when I stepped out barefoot. Never was an issue sitting on the chairs

Any specific problems with this cabin? Only issue I'd consider of the most annoyance is the toilet. I know that being a cruise cabin bathroom, it has to be tight but being someone of some girth and female, having to use a toilet sandwiched btwn the shower stall and counter was tough.

Any other comments? How come the back couch cushions don't reach all the way across the back of the couch? I'd go to lean back and fall in btwn.

Deck -

Cabin # - 1110

Class – Celebrity Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet -never heard neighbors. Some creaking when ship was in rougher waters.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view with no obstructions. Balcony glass was clear (No Celebrity X). Angled balcony but still had privacy from other balconies.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - large balcony

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? Great location close to elevators but very quiet.

Deck - Sky

Cabin # - 1241

Class – Royal Suite

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – in it's own room

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – no problems with any noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – big balcony with hot tub and gorgeous view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - big, see above

Was wind a problem? yes on this cruise, not the ships fault. we had 25' seas

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? this was the 3rd sailing. Only issue was doors didn't have doorstops so they were swinging back and forth for a while but by end of cruise, this was fixed.

Any other comments?

Our room was close to the elevators but you could not hear them. The way the ship is layed out, the elevators don't open in an area by cabin doors. But they were close so it was convenient. We had a dining area and had dinner in our suite one night. This was fabulous. The ship is beautiful and big enough to get lost on. OUr kids had concierge cabins on same deck- one on starboard, one on port- and both had no problems, great service, comfortable beds- and the showers were actually large- glassed in- no clingly shower curtain. Bath products were top shelf.

Deck - Penthouse (11)

Cabin # - 1625

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Cabin very quiet; never heard neighbors

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized balcony

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Cabin was nice. Location not to far from elevators, so not too long of walks. Is a long walk to the front of the ship where the relaxation room is. Loved the balcony. We brought along a $2.79 battery operated light from Target with a suction hook to put on the balcony door and that allowed us to read our new dailies for the next day out on the balcony in the evening. No light on the balcony would be my only complaint of the room!

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1511

Class – AquaClass

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Extremely quiet despite spa/gym above [perhaps there is a dead zone above]. No adjacent service areas. Local foot traffic only.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Quite unobstructed but stateroom is six back from the front of the ship on the deck above the cantilvered bridge. I didn't find the bridge obtrusive and actually found the view of the ship's officers at work to be pretty interesting when we were arriving and departing from ports...

Balcony Size? Normal/oversized for class? Normal

Was wind a problem? Once when extremely windy at sea.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not Applicable

Any specific problems with this cabin? None; I'd choose it again.

Any other comments? Not particularly close to elevators and it was a hike to Blu [but good exercise]... Easy access to Solarium. The Relaxation Room--really the waiting room for the spa but otherwise accessible--is a real treasure of quiet and is just steps away.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1627

Class – Aqua

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet under normal conditions, but when the seas were a bit rough there was some creaking noise. Other guests were talking about it the next morning too.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view. No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? On our cruise the crew was having problems with main computer system running the entertainment / tv system in all the rooms. The music never got fixed, but they seemed to work very hard and apologized many times.

Any other comments? Very happy with the entire experience!

Please assist me in keeping this thread on topic. It was created so that I can compile information on cabins into a spreadsheet that will serve as a tool for everyone in their cabin selection.

Do not post here asking about a cabin that is not listed on the spreadsheet. When someone returns with information on a cabin it will be posted here and then put on the spreadsheet. Posting questions " Need Info on Cabin# XXXX" just clutters up this thread. You will get better results by posting your questions on the main board.

If you are looking for info on a specific cabin return to this thread weekly and see if anyone returning from the previous week's cruise has reported back.

Hey all..

I'm looking to book a cruise with Celebrity Solstice and was looking at the difference between to cabins on the Vista Deck: 8326 and 8341.

8341 is at the very end (near the aft) on the LEFT of the Boat.. and it appears to have an extended balcony compared to 8326 (right side near the aft as well). Is the balcony actually larger on the 8341 and does that mean the ROOM itself is smaller compared to the other 2A rooms.

THANKS!!!

Hey all..

I'm looking to book a cruise with Celebrity Solstice and was looking at the difference between to cabins on the Vista Deck: 8326 and 8341.

8341 is at the very end (near the aft) on the LEFT of the Boat.. and it appears to have an extended balcony compared to 8326 (right side near the aft as well). Is the balcony actually larger on the 8341 and does that mean the ROOM itself is smaller compared to the other 2A rooms.

THANKS!!!

Check the last spreadsheet that I posted to see if anyone has reported on the cabins that you are looking at and then if you still have questions, please post your inquiry on the main celebrity board - see post directly above yours.

Val23, I am on cabin 8343 right next to you, the last cabin on the port side.

The only cabins at the end of the ship are the SV cabins. I am also looking for information on my cabin.

From the ship's brochures both these cabins seem to have very large balconies.

I am also looking for information whether the bed is located near the balcony or near the

closet. The sticky posting about cabin information does not cover any of these cabins. Any information will be appreciated

Yanni

Val23, I am on cabin 8343 right next to you, the last cabin on the port side.

The only cabins at the end of the ship are the SV cabins. I am also looking for information on my cabin.

From the ship's brochures both these cabins seem to have very large balconies.

I am also looking for information whether the bed is located near the balcony or near the

closet. The sticky posting about cabin information does not cover any of these cabins. Any information will be appreciated

Yanni

Please assist me in keeping this thread on topic. It was created so that I can compile information on cabins into a spreadsheet that will serve as a tool for everyone in their cabin selection.

Do not post here asking about a cabin. When someone returns with information on a cabin it will be posted here and then put on the spreadsheet.

Posting questions " Need Info on Cabin# XXXX" just clutters up this thread. You will get better results by posting your questions on the main board.

If you are looking for info on a specific cabin return to this thread weekly and see if anyone returning from the previous week's cruise has reported back.

Deck - 8 (Vista)

Cabin # - 8130

Class – 2A - Delux Ocean View w Veranda

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great View

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I thought it would be oversized with an angle facing forward but that was actually 8334 one cabin aft.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments?

With no aft stairs, these cabins in the rear of the ship are a long way from any stairs or elevators. You have to go all the way to the midship ladder. But after a trip or two you get used to it. It is quiet with little traffic going further aft. I liked having the bed near the balcony because it seems like there is no space as you enter the cabin. You don't have to walk around the bed to the drawers near the desk, which is nice while getting dressed.

quote.gif