S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7286

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – amazingly, even during rough seas!

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –great view out and to aft of ship

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - extra large balcony, as we were the first cabin coming off the hump....lots of room! Completely covered.

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? Great location, s it was very close to the elevators & the stairs. Access to anywhere was a breeze!

Thanks so much for the information, I'm booked in cabin #8281 and have head the floor plan on Celebrity is incorrect so anyone who can help me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Sharon Campbell

I think we are booked on 8204, Concierge class, balcony cabin. Is there a good side for viewing entering and leaving ports? How is the view in this area, thanks!

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8250

Class – ?

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet despite being close to elevator. Was connecting but not used and never heard neighbours on either side

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Wonderful unobstructed view ( better in my opinion than neighbouring cabin with larger balcony but angled so facing rear)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments?

great cabin right near elevator

I think we are booked on 8204, Concierge class, balcony cabin. Is there a good side for viewing entering and leaving ports? How is the view in this area, thanks!

Please assist me in keeping this thread on topic. It was created so that I can compile information on cabins into a spreadsheet that will serve as a tool for everyone in their cabin selection.

Do not post here asking about a cabin. When someone returns with information on a cabin it will be posted here and then put on the spreadsheet.

Posting questions " Need Info on Cabin# XXXX" just clutters up this thread. You will get better results by posting your questions on the main board.

If you are looking for info on a specific cabin return to this thread weekly and see if anyone returning from the previous week's cruise has reported back.

i think we are booked on 8204, concierge class, balcony cabin. Is there a good side for viewing entering and leaving ports? How is the view in this area, thanks!

do not post questions here!!!!!!

this is for cabin information only!!!!!

Edited by 2sunny

Any news on cabin 1574 or close by?

Please assist me in keeping this thread on topic. It was created so that I can compile information on cabins into a spreadsheet that will serve as a tool for everyone in their cabin selection.

Do not post here asking about a cabin. When someone returns with information on a cabin it will be posted here and then put on the spreadsheet.

Posting questions " Need Info on Cabin# XXXX" just clutters up this thread. You will get better results by posting your questions on the main board.

If you are looking for info on a specific cabin return to this thread weekly and see if anyone returning from the previous week's cruise has reported back.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6222

Class – 2B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting/quiet cabin - didn't hear any noise from connecting cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – On hump / half of balcony covered with X / good view - could see water from balcony

Was wind a problem? Some whistling at balcony door when in windy conditions

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Has pulman as well as trundle

Cabin # 6214

Deck 6

Class 1A

Starboard side

Bed near bath

quiet cabin - yes very !

Balcony - this was the very last cabin before the hump facing forward which made it one of those angled balconies: It was huge. One side is longer than the other so very deep and wide. Since deck 6 is where the lifeboats are - there were some to the front of it and a cover over one below but these did not obstruct the view. In fact, when on this balcony you were OVER the water a bit. We loved it.

Wind: no problem really. It is deep enough and sticks out far enough that you can move a chair to one side or the other and have sun and NO wind. Plenty of shade at the back near the door.

No problems with this cabin at all. Has pullman as well as trundle sofa.

moved from room 3144 because of excessive noise that they were unable to control. This was a banging and clanging the occurred during the night. The noise was so loud that the floors shook and it was impossible to sleep.

We were assigned to room 8105 which was lovely, spacious room. It was a walk from the elevator but I can walk.

Both rooms had comfortable beds, nice showers and plenty of closet space.

Deck - penthouse

Cabin # - 1533

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) closet–

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – near crew meember door. found it woke me many mornings

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – great view- could see everything including people on the bridge

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? forward cabin

Any specific problems with this cabin? besdies crew door none

Any other comments?

was below locker room. next cruise using 1525

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6219

Class – 2B

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – On hump / 1/4 of balcony covered with portion of X / good view - could see water from balcony and people out on the 5th floor deck.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Door lock seem to have problems with cards. Had to get card re-encoded 5 times in 2 days. Regular encoding didn't always work, Ruth at Guest Relations used another encoder that allowed it to work for antoher 5 days.

Any other comments? Smokers in balcony next door. Smoke would drift into balcony area even though they were downwind from us.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1589

Class – AQ

Quiet Cabin – only heard deck chairs moving above us one time early in the morning. Very light. Think I only heard it because I had to pee.

Balcony View - Some obstructions due to supports for pool deck. No big deal for us. Huge over hang (extended out about 8 ft from railing. Great for us because we prefer the shade.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Loved Blu. Liked mid-ship location of the cabin

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9203

Class – 1B

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting/quiet cabin - didn't hear any noise from connecting cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Right before the hump....great views - life boats below us on deck 5 - that was not an issue at all.

Was wind a problem? not a problem

Any other comments? Has a trundle - quick access to aft elevators stairs and card room - heard no noise from the card room as an automatic glass door separates the room from the hall.

NOT SURE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN NON-BALCONY CABINS - BUT HERE GOES ANYWAY!!

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9336

Class – ?

Starboard or Port Side - STARBOARD MIDSHIPS

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – N/!

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – NO UNDUE NOISE WAS HEARD

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – INSIDE CABIN SO N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? NONE

Any other comments? We usually book inside cabins as we travel so much and find it a huge saving - we like being 'up top' anyway. We were very impressed with the cabins in this class and in this price range. They were spacious compared to most other cruise lines and very well laid out. Particularly liked the space in the bathroom - lots of cupboard and draw space. Would thoroughly recommend these cabins if not looking for a balcony. Hope this helps!

NOT SURE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN NON-BALCONY CABINS - BUT HERE GOES ANYWAY!!

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9336

Class – ?

Starboard or Port Side - STARBOARD MIDSHIPS

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – N/!

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – NO UNDUE NOISE WAS HEARD

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – INSIDE CABIN SO N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? NONE

Any other comments? We usually book inside cabins as we travel so much and find it a huge saving - we like being 'up top' anyway. We were very impressed with the cabins in this class and in this price range. They were spacious compared to most other cruise lines and very well laid out. Particularly liked the space in the bathroom - lots of cupboard and draw space. Would thoroughly recommend these cabins if not looking for a balcony. Hope this helps!

Your user name caught my eye. If you look at mine I'm not too far away from you (well for part of the year anyway);) I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Phil

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1229

Class – C1

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet cabin - very close to elevators (right next to Library) but didn't hear any noise at all. Nestled between two passenger floors. Excellent midship location.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Right at start of the the hump....great views!

Was wind a problem? Was a little windy on windy days

Any other comments? It took us a few times of stubbing our toes to get used to stepping up into the bathroom.

Edited by tjk224

Deck - penthouse (10)

Cabin # - 1632

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet except for the two women occupying it laughing hysterically for 10 days

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Miles and miles of heaven

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? never

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? I'm not in it anymore

Any other comments? There is a service room door across the hall. This did not bother us in the least. This room was close to the elevators to minimize the walk but far away enough that it was quiet. It's awesome..

I posted this on a new thread but wanted to put it here as well. This is a list of hump cabins that are affected by the "X" on the glass and therefore might be undesireable by some. I looked at the below listed photo(photo by Aquahound:)) and used the deck plans to determine cabin numbers. I will try to remember to post this spreadsheet with the cabin list each time. I only did the port side so if you are looking for starboard, just look for the cabin opposite yours for the information. The suites are just approximate as I couldn't see them all in the photo.

DISCLAIMER: I think these are mostly correct but no guarantees given as to the accuracy. If you see a mistake please post the information and I will correct it.

Solstice Hump Cabins X Obstruction.pdf

2915174000080150150S600x600Q85.jpg.0c3ed1ddf4769f70d8646c3419e82217.jpg

Donna-- You posted the starboard side cabin numbers for the hump. I 'm in 7221 next cruise and was glad to see that we have a clear view. Thanks for all your wonderful work.

Thanks for catching that - I did mix them up in the email. Please report back in your review if I have it correct by the photo.

I posted this on a new thread but wanted to put it here as well. This is a list of hump cabins that are affected by the "X" on the glass and therefore might be undesireable by some. I looked at the below listed photo(photo by only did the port side so if you are looking for starboard, just look for the cabin opposite yours for the information. The suites are just approximate as I couldn't see them all in the photo.

DISCLAIMER: I think these are mostly correct but no guarantees given as to the accuracy. If you see a mistake please post the information and I will correct it.

Thank you for all your hard work. This is a great site with so much information. Such a fabulous idea! :D

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1540

Class – Aqua Class

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. No noise. Cabin is across from Staff entrance and freight elevator. However door is closed most of the time.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems

Any other comments? Great location at the forward part of the ship. There is no overhang. Short walking distance to the relaxation room and the forward elevators. Stairs to Spa also very close. Sky lounge is 2 floors up. Theater is 6 floors down. Only a problem if you want to eat right away since all the food is located aft.

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1647

Class – Aqua Class :)

Starboard or Port Side - Port side

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. No noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions...great view. The overhang provided just enough shade.:cool:

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems, the cabin certainly met or beat our expectations.

Any other comments? Really enjoyed the room. Short walk to elevators. Great locaton with regards to dining options. Anyone interested in this ship should go as they will be in for a treat.