S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

What a great idea for the cabin information. Planning a cruise 1/15/10 on the Equinox. Cabin #1663 Sky Suite. My husband and I would love information on that cabin.

Edited by dje27

What a great idea for the cabin information. Planning a cruise 1/15/10 on the Equinox. Cabin #1663 Sky Suite. My husband and I would love information on that cabin.

I have posted many requests for you not to post here requesting information on specific cabins. When someone posts information it will be added to the spreadsheet. There are two postings requesting this on this page alone. :mad:

All - please do not respond to posts asking questions on this thread.

Deck - Continental - 6

Cabin # - 6202

Class – 07 - obstructed view with balcony

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. Never a problem with noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Obstructed view, but I don't think it was a big deal... you couldn't see straight down, but if you were seated, you could look straight over the lifeboat, and partially between the supports (on the left of the balcony). View slightly better in #6200. I liked the bed next to the bath arrangement better, since the sofa next to the sliding door was nice.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized balcony

Was wind a problem? Never noticed any issues

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? This seemed to be a perfect location! Just a few cabins down from the elevators, easy to get to.

Deck - Continental - 6

Cabin # - 6200

Class – 07 - obstructed view with balcony

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. Never a problem with noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Obstructed view, but not a big deal. Good view through the support posts... but definitely obstructed! I would book this room (or #6202) again.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized balcony

Was wind a problem? Not at all.

Any other comments? Great location! Close to elevators but not so close as to cause difficulty.

Edited by languageartslady

Deck - Sky

Cabin # - 1040

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet except we could hear the guest snoring in the next stateroom:eek:

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No issues

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? As reported by a previous poster, stateroom attendant Jose was fantastic.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1547

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

slight obstruction with cleaning overhang

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - very long, great if with a group, however,no sun as completely covered

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? no problems, good location near stairs/elevator

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1606

Class – Aqua Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bed near Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Just normal noise you would hear on a ship.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - HUGE!!! Largest of the 4 balconies on that angle.

Was wind a problem? Normal -- No problems

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any other comments? Of the 8 Aqua Class Staterooms on this angle, 1606 and 1601 are the largest -- Huge. We fit 6 people comfortable on our veranda and could have squeezed in 2 more with no problem at all. After that, 1599 and 1604 are the next 2 largest of the 8, just a couple of feet or so shorter. The rest of the staterooms on the angle (1610, 1608, 1605, and 1603) are smaller because there is a Attendant's closet on each side before you enter the rooms, so they are set in by about 4 feet or more which takes up that room from the balcony. My neighbor was quite surprised.

Our Stateroom attendant also took care of the nearby Suites -- need I say more about the Quality and Attention to Detail?

If you're looking for connecting rooms, I would recommend 1604 and 1606 as you could open up the glass to connect the two balconies and walk next door. There was a supporting beam between 1606 and 1608. You could open up the glass connecting the two balconies, but the glass was triangularly shaped on the beam so you would have to climb over the beam to get onto each other's balcony. Same for 1601 and 1603.

Cabins conveniently located near the elevators. Elevators in a separate room separated from the stateroom corridors.

Deck 8

Starboard side

Balcony was standard size

Bed was by the balcony

Balcony view...looking straight down you did see the lifeboats but not a problem when sitting on the balcony

Wind...a big problem with the door to the balcony.."whistled" all the time and didn't really close correctly. Had maintenance in to fix it but that only worked for 1 night.

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9221

Class – Balcony - Mid ship

Starboard or Port Side - Portside

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bed near Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Just normal noise you would hear on a ship.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Cabin on the portside hump....high up great view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Regular size

Was wind a problem? Normal -- Weather was cold, and windy on balcony, only used it in port....too cold otherwise.

Any other comments?

Cabins conveniently located near the elevators. Elevators in a separate room separated from the stateroom corridors. No noise from elevators at all, separate area.

Deck 11 Penthouse

Cabin 1655

Class C1 Concierge

Port

Bed near balcony

Quiet cabin

View from balcony fine

Balcony size normal

Wind - some problems on sea days

Soot - no problem

Nice cabin, friendly, efficient steward, quite a long walk to elevators!

No other problems

Please assist me in keeping this thread on topic. It was created so that I can compile information on cabins into a spreadsheet that will serve as a tool for everyone in their cabin selection.

Do not post here asking about a cabin. When someone returns with information on a cabin it will be posted here and then put on the spreadsheet.

Posting questions " Need Info on Cabin# XXXX" just clutters up this thread. You will get better results by posting your questions on the main board.

If you are looking for info on a specific cabin return to this thread weekly and see if anyone returning from the previous week's cruise has reported back.

sorry I left off a few things...cabin is, I believe a 2A and there was some creaking in the wall next to the balcony window 1 night so between the creaking and the door whistling that night was a little "nosiy" :D Thanks for all your hard work on this! LuAnn

Deck - =[color"Blue"]11th (Penthouse)[/color]

Cabin # - 1543

Class – Aqua Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Pretty quiet, but some noise above around 7 a.m. (see below)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view - no obstruction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized

Was wind a problem? It was windy on balcony when underway, but nothing unusual.

Any specific problems with this cabin? The cabin location was great - very near the front elevators. The only issue we had was that since the cabin is right below the Aqua Spa Cafe, there was some noise (not too loud) around 7 a.m. every morning.

Any other comments?

Edited by Pushkin

Deck - Resort

Cabin # - 2151

Class – Sky Suite S2

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – bit of noise from cafe upstairs

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Large overhang which provides shade, great for us and lots of privacy

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - large enough

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments? great cabin with nice extra large porthole

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8129

Class – Verandah

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Noise from people upstairs on occasion. No lateral noise.

Balcony View - A fine view. Great view of Captain Dimitris as he parked the boat :)

Balcony Size? Normal size

Was wind a problem? Only on windy days, nothing that any other deck/balcony didn't have..

Any specific problems with this cabin? The partition rattled between our cabin and the next, 8127

Any other comments? Not really.. cabin stewarts are the best!

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8204

Class – 2A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great wiev - no obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No problem

Any other comments? Midship located (a little bit far to elevators)

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8204

Class – 2A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

hello, I have seen two posts of note: Cabin #8200 and #8204 both have beds by the balcony. Does this mean cabin #8202 has the bed by the bathroom? We're booked in this room for our upcoming cruise.

Thanks!

hello, I have seen two posts of note: Cabin #8200 and #8204 both have beds by the balcony. Does this mean cabin #8202 has the bed by the bathroom? We're booked in this room for our upcoming cruise.

Thanks!

Yes, 8202 is by the bath.

Deck - PANORAMA.

Cabin # - 9292

Class – 1 A

Starboard or Port Side - SLOPE ON HUMP

Bed near –BALCONY.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

VERY QUIET, RIGHT BY LIFTS, GREAT LOCATION.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – CLEAR VIEW OF MID SHIP TO REAR, PLUS BALCONIES ON THE FLAT .

CLEAR VIEW TO FRONT, BUT NOT THE FRONT BALCONIES .

Balcony Size? Normal or over sized for class? - VERY BIG !

Was wind a problem? ONLY ON WINDY DAYS.:D

Any specific problems with this cabin? NOTHING MAJOR..CEILING CREAKED A BIT WITH WAVY SEAS.

Any other comments? I AM NOT GOING TO BE SO SILLY AS TO TELL YOU ALL WHAT A GREAT CABIN THIS IS.;)

Edited by WELSH WIZARDS

Cabin 7239

Deck 7 - Sunrise deck

Port side - corner on the bump out

2A

Bed by the balcony

Balcony standard size

Cabin very quiet - Views fantastic - could see forward and back -

Location was fantastic, easy to get anywhere on the ship. Best location we have ever had, right by the elevators. We were next to the cabins with the larger balcony, and they could not see forward, only back..I preferred the smaller balcony with our view!

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1638

Class – Aquaclass

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No noise, very quiet and relaxing.

Balcony View - Perfect

Balcony Size? Normal size

Was wind a problem? Nope.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, it was great.

Any other comments? Great cabin, great location.