S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Attached is the latest spreadsheet with info as of 3/28/09. I am now getting a few duplicated cabin numbers so the fields that are highlighted yellow are duplicated.

****I again remind everyone to please post only to give information on cabins that you have information for. If you have a question concerning a particular cabin please post it on the main boards. Also, if there are posts with questions here. Please do not answer them as I don't want this to get cluttered with unnecessary posts. ****

Thank you

Solstice Cabin Information.pdf

We are booked in cabin #9173 for the 9/18/09 cruise from Rome. The photos show our room above the lifeboats. Can anyone confirm the quality of view from this cabin?

Thanks,

Allen

I was in this exact room on Solstice's 3/8/09 cruise. Yes, when you look straight down, you see the life boats. My friends were in 9231, where the ship extends out a bit. When looking down from that room, you saw water. Was it a big difference? No, not at all. Your view will be absolutely wonderful. It's not like you look straight down much esp if you're sitting. Enjoy Solstice! I know I did. :)

Well, I guess I should give the info for the 2 rooms that I'm familiar with. :p

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9173

Class – Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting. And we had little problem with noise. In fact, we thought we were noisy, so we tested how things would sound from the hall and from the balcony (open/closed but not secured - could hear wind noise/closed but fully secured) and to our surprise, even with the TV at full blast, I couldn't hear much outside the door in the hall. With the balcony open, of course I could hear the TV. The only problem, was we could some times hear the neighbor cough or their TV when our room was quiet. We also tested with music playing and was the same. But overall, yes, very quiet from both points of view.

Balcony View - You can't see straight down into the water but otherwise, there are no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - Windy but NOT a problem.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none that we could find.

Any other comments? I think I said plenty in the noise section :)

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9231

Class – Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda 1B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – My friends said they could hear their neighbors on both sides when they'd have sex and when the TV was on. He said, they could probably hear us too but no one complained -- all smiles in the morning :D This was the reason for my test of music. I wanted to be sure that if noise could be heard, the music would at least create some white noise.

Balcony View - This is a room that's part of the X hump so when looking down you could see directly into the water. No obstructions whatsoever.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal but the balconies that are on the turns of the hump are extended!

Was wind a problem? - Windy but only a problem when neighbors would smoke. Had to close balcony door, if so. Once the balc door is secured, no air seemed to get thru. That's a PLUS! I don't remember if it's that way on RCCL ships. You'll know what I mean once on board. I'll try to explain. It's a sliding door, but once you close it, you turn a giant knob and that brings the door towards you slightly, thus making it air tight. I hope that made sense.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none that we could find.

Any other comments? Plenty in the wind section. :)

Edited by PRgymnast

Deck - Resort, deck 12

Cabin # - 2133

Class – sky suite

Bed near? – Door

Quiet Cabin – Very quiet, no noise from neighbors or from above.

Balcony View - No obstructions. However, the overhang is very large so no sun at all on the balcony. The support beams that run from the overhang to deck 11 may bother some people. We noticed them, but they didn't bother us.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any other comments? This cabin is about half way between the aft elevators and the end of the hallway. VERY convenient to the pool. The cafe is one deck up.

We loved this cabin. Very spacious with lots of storage. We had four adults in this cabin and never felt it was too many.

Deck - Sunrise (7)

Cabin # - 7149

Class – 2B

Bed near? – Balcony

Quiet Cabin – Yes except for the door in the next cabin. You could hear it slam.

Balcony View - No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any other comments? Close to elevator

Deck - Penthouse, deck 11

Cabin # - 1553

Class – Aqua Class

Bed near? – Veranda

Quiet Cabin – Very quiet, no noise from neighbors or from above.

Balcony View - The overhang is very large so no sun at all on the balcony. The support beams that run from the overhang to deck 11 may bother some people. We noticed them, but they didn't bother us. No panorama pictures could have been taken from this deck location. The window washing equipment hangs in front of 1551 an 1549 so it does protrude into your vision as well as the support beam. The overhang prevents you from taking photos to include the sky in your image.

Not far from the front elevators.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # - 7286

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – The cabin was very quiet. You could not hear any noise from the elevator area - which is very close.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view - looking down you see the "chase" boat (not a tender) and a portion where the waves splash. (see photo)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - huge balcony - largest of the angle cabins. (see photo)

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? None - this is a great cabin. Location is convenient and balcony is super!

P3230004.jpg.d186f2cfeb0a50f52842e4a9b46dc966.jpg

P3250187.jpg.f37109c6e1fda6fb0513c81d6973e684.jpg

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8259

Class – 1B- Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet, Non- Connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, on the hump with a great view!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, however,deck plans may lead you to believe it is oversized.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? This cabin has an overhead bunk which is not at all visible when stowed, a couch with a trundle. This room is right next to the atrium elevator, however, due to the design of the elevator breezeway, you can not hear any noises at all! Great Room !

Hi,

First post.....! Have enjoyed all the comments/reviews. Celeb reservations told me that on the Solstice only the "connecting" cabins have balconies that open up together (looking at Sunrise deck). We are booking 6 cabins on Solstice for Dec/09 and were hoping that all would open up as they did on the Freedom in Dec/08. Fantastic party area when all open. Had a blast. Just fyi, RCL had told me last year (also) that the only their connecting cabins opened up but were pleasantly surprised when it worked for all 6 cabins. Thanks for any comments.

John (dillon1)

Just returned from our 4th Celebrity cruise. We had a veranda room on deck 6. The view was terribly obsructed by the life boat pillars. Celebrity claims the rooms are "unobstructed" and hasn't bothered to respond to my travel agent's complaint.

We have cruised on almost all of the major lines and were very disappointed in dining room food on this cruise. We heard the same complaint from many experienced cruisers. We will probably not cruise Celbrity/ Royal Caribean again.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1204

Class – CC

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions/aft cabin

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - smaller than side cabins

Was wind a problem?

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NO!

Any specific problems with this cabin? Too darned far to the stairs and elevators. Took forever to get back to it if you forgot something. Made you think twice about going there.

Any other comments?

Great cabin steward, superb towels in CC, 1206 next door had larger verandah---three feet wider. Always book M-class afts, will never book Solstice class aft again. Should be a 2A. No benefit to being aft except quiet hallways.

Just returned from our 4th Celebrity cruise. We had a veranda room on deck 6. The view was terribly obsructed by the life boat pillars. Celebrity claims the rooms are "unobstructed" and hasn't bothered to respond to my travel agent's complaint.

We have cruised on almost all of the major lines and were very disappointed in dining room food on this cruise. We heard the same complaint from many experienced cruisers. We will probably not cruise Celbrity/ Royal Caribean again.

Please provide the additional information so that I can add this cabin to the spreadsheet. You didn't even mention the cabin number. With more information I can list it on the spreadsheet and no one else will be disappointed with the view.

Deck?

Cabin#

Cabin Class?

Starboard/Aft/Port?

Bed by bath or balcony?

Balcony Size?

Balcony View?

Noise a problem?

Ship - Solstice

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2130

Class – Sky Suite (Handicap Accessible)

Starboard or Port Side – Starboard Aft (not stern)

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Centered

Quiet Cabin –This cabin and others along both the starboard and port aft sides (not stern cabins) are directly under the Ocean View Café and are subject to beaucoup noise all hours of the day and night.

Balcony View – Unobstructed

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Oversized

Was wind a problem? -- No…. Regardless of class of cabin and location, you will experience wind tunnel effect if you have both your balcony and cabin doors open.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -- No

Any specific problems with this cabin? – None

Any other comments? – Because this is a handicap accessible cabin, it has several unique features. 1) This cabin is larger than the standard Sky Suite. 2) Your key card, handicap button inside the cabin, or manual operation of the door handle results in the cabin door opening automatically. It is impossible to manually close it; you have to wait until it closes itself. This feature allows ample time for wheel-chaired passengers to enter and exit the cabin. 3) The primary closet’s clothes rod has a lever a wheel-chaired passenger can pull lowering the rod and providing easy access to hanging clothes. The hanging rod in the secondary closest is half-length and at wheel-chair level. While this provides easy access to a wheel-chaired guest, it is so low you cannot hang trousers on it and reduces the amount of available hanging space. 4) The shower is designed to accommodate wheel chairs. There is a tiled ridge that runs the length of the shower designed and intended to keep the shower water inside the shower. It is not very effective and water will flow onto the bathroom floor. Stateroom attendants will lay two bath towels lengthwise to absorb the water. The controls and hand wand are easily accessible.

Could you provide any pictures of this room at all?

Thanks so much

Please provide the additional information so that I can add this cabin to the spreadsheet. You didn't even mention the cabin number. With more information I can list it on the spreadsheet and no one else will be disappointed with the view.

Deck?

Cabin#

Cabin Class?

Starboard/Aft/Port?

Bed by bath or balcony?

Balcony Size?

Balcony View?

Noise a problem?

OK, dumb question. Where is the link to this spreadsheet? I have looked back several pages of posts but can only find reports.

Has anyone reported on cabin 1014 yet?

Deck - Vista 8

Cabin # - 8252

Class – 1A

Bed near – Veranda

Quiet Cabin – Very quiet residential deck with residential decks above and below.

Balcony View - This cabin number is part of the deck 8 mismarked deck plan. It is actually the large angled balcony right after the hump (all cabins shift one place toward the back of the ship). It is a wonderful balcony, no sight line impacts looking outward or behind, up or down. You do need to peek/stretch/reach over the rail to see forward a bit, so make sure you say hello to your neighbor.;)

Just around the corner of the elevators. Perfect location to get up and down, don't be put off that the elevators are nearby, there is plenty of corridor and privacy from elevator traffic. This cabin has a deeper set back from the corridor affording addtional privacy as well from corridor traffic.

Balcony Size - Very large 'standard' room balcony.

Was wind a problem - No headwinds due to angle toward rear of ship offering protection.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=110001&d=1237158430

Hi..this is the latest report that I have...thanks to: Mysticks1

It's an amazing compilation...Kudos to Donna for doing this! Hope that you find it helpful...my cabin is not listed wither, but some nearby have reports, so I kind of got a feeling about the general location.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2133

Class – Sky Suite 2

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

not connecting, but under main galley door on deck 14 (no 13th deck), carts rolling to tile floors stop at 1AM and start again at 3:30AM. Structural pipe inside of cabin rings like bell if hit by carts from above.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

no obstructions, very spacious, with comfortable chairs and table. Good for eating on the balcony. But, overhang of 14th deck prevents sunning on balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Normal

Was wind a problem?

No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Sleep disturbed every night due to galley noise from above.

Any other comments?

Very spacious, good layout, much larger feeling that Sky Suites on Millennium Class. Excellent closet and other storage. Shower head excellent, but too low for a 6 foot + passenger.

Deck - Vista 8

Cabin # - 8252

Class – 1A

Bed near – Veranda

Quiet Cabin – Very quiet residential deck with residential decks above and below.

Balcony View - This cabin number is part of the deck 8 mismarked deck plan. It is actually the large angled balcony right after the hump (all cabins shift one place toward the back of the ship). It is a wonderful balcony, no sight line impacts looking outward or behind, up or down. You do need to peek/stretch/reach over the rail to see forward a bit, so make sure you say hello to your neighbor.;)

Just around the corner of the elevators. Perfect location to get up and down, don't be put off that the elevators are nearby, there is plenty of corridor and privacy from elevator traffic. This cabin has a deeper set back from the corridor affording addtional privacy as well from corridor traffic.

Balcony Size - Very large 'standard' room balcony.

Was wind a problem - No headwinds due to angle toward rear of ship offering protection.

Hi Finely Cruising,

I have been trying to find out information on #8252 for the longest time for my 9-13-09 cruise. So thank you so very much for the information.

Cruise Mate,

Sharon Campbell

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6152

Class – B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin: Diagonally across from the forward elevators but noise was not an issue at all.

Balcony View: Obstructed looking straight down. Located exactly over the white liferaft station. Great views otherwise.

Balcony Size?: Normal

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? : N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin?: None. Very nice.

Any other comments? Great cabin attendants.

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1663

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin: Very Quiet

Balcony View: Aft Corner--view was unobstructed

Balcony Size?: Large

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? : NO

Any specific problems with this cabin?: NONE--these S1 suites are very, very nice.

Any other comments? I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.