Diamond Princess - dry dock schedule?

Seabreeze8

Hello,

Does anyone know when the Diamond Princess was dry docked last time or when will it be dry docked? Also what are the changes? We love the International Cafe on the Crown and would love to have it on the Diamond when we sail for Alaska in the fall. Thank you!:)

• 1 year later...

Looks like Diamond will be in drydock from October 20th to November 3rd. There appears to be a gap in her programme then. With a cruise ending in Singapore Oct 20 and one starting there Nov3

Iain48

Hello,

Does anyone know when the Diamond Princess was dry docked last time or when will it be dry docked? Also what are the changes? We love the International Cafe on the Crown and would love to have it on the Diamond when we sail for Alaska in the fall. Thank you!:)

We're on her 4 Sep 10 (WTT/YVR) and she won't have anything done by then. She does another WTT/YVR/WTT after ours and then for her trip off to Beijing, so the fall doesn't seem practical at all. Will certainly miss the fresh bakeed choc chip cookies at the Int'l Cafe.

Ciao for now!!!

You are so right about the cookies, Captain Ron. That was one of the daily delights on the Star and the Golden. If the upgrades have not been done before January, we'll be really missing them ...... warm, freshly baked, cookies ........ YUM!

We're going to be on the cruise right before drydock and I'm nervous about that, having read some nasty stories about ships headed for drydock in the past. I've read of Princess ships literally having carpets ripped up, furniture carted away, pools drained, while still at sea and chock full of passengers....

Sure hope that doesn't happen on our trip....

We're going to be on the cruise right before drydock and I'm nervous about that, having read some nasty stories about ships headed for drydock in the past. I've read of Princess ships literally having carpets ripped up, furniture carted away, pools drained, while still at sea and chock full of passengers....

Sure hope that doesn't happen on our trip....

You can almost bet that it will to some extent! :(

Looks like Diamond will be in drydock from October 20th to November 3rd. There appears to be a gap in her programme then. With a cruise ending in Singapore Oct 20 and one starting there Nov3

Iain48

Good for us, we will sail on her on our upcoming Sydney/Auckland cruise in January, 2011.

Ricky

Hey, Ricky!!! There's a roll call started for the 1/15/11 sailing. Not much activity yet, but we are hoping for more joiners. Hopefully the link below will work, or you could copy and paste it, if not.

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1139549

Hey, Ricky!!! There's a roll call started for the 1/15/11 sailing. Not much activity yet, but we are hoping for more joiners. Hopefully the link below will work, or you could copy and paste it, if not.

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1139549

Flamomo:

It looks like you are joining 5 days pre-cruise land tour. Which landtour you are joining?

Ricky

Ricky, we are booked on the Tropical tour, with 2 nights in Sydney and 3 in Cairns.

Coracii, come on over to the roll call and join us.

Flamomo:

We will take a 6 day Australian OutBack pre cruise tour.

Will check out the roll call after coming back from our trip.

We are leaving home for airport now.

Ricky

• 4 weeks later...
She will be dry-docked in Singapore in the fall. I don't believe they will be making any cabin changes, just refurbishing and some rearrangement of public spaces. EM

My guess is they will add the Crown Grill possibly where the hughe internet cafe currently occupies. They will also porbably add MUTS, the international cafe and Vines. Vines will go somewhere where the scholarship at sea area or the captains's circle area currently occupies.....:):):)|

Bob

• 7 months later...

i was just on the golden princess in hawaii and i loved the upgrades i was woundering if any one has been on the diamond princess and if it has been dryed docked yet i am most licky going on here on september 3erd 2011 b2b to alaska if anyone has any info about the diamond princess plese tell me

i was just on the golden princess in hawaii and i loved the upgrades i was woundering if any one has been on the diamond princess and if it has been dryed docked yet i am most licky going on here on september 3erd 2011 b2b to alaska if anyone has any info about the diamond princess plese tell me

It was in drydock last November.

Sanctuary replaced sports court and jogging track

International Cafe was not installed

Flat screen TVs in cabins.

Supposedly new mattresses

MUTS added

It was in drydock last November.

Sanctuary replaced sports court and jogging track

International Cafe was not installed

Flat screen TVs in cabins.

Supposedly new mattresses

MUTS added[/quote

why dident they put the international cafe?? and where did you get this info???

Archived