Biggest RCI/Cruise/Passenger Pet Peeve

Atty

I'm a pretty laid back sort of person, but ...

When did it become acceptable to wear a baseball hat inside? I have sat at many tables in the Windjammer with people next to me wearing hats while eating. Am I right out of step here or does anyone else think that this shows a shocking lack of manners?

Sorry, but I think you're way out of step :eek:

It's the BUFFET, not the MDR on formal night :rolleyes: Why would you even care? :confused:

I can't stand people in bathroom stalls talking on the phone. I just think it's disgusting. I wouldn't let my friend come into the stall with me while I was using it, so why would I want them to "hear" anything going on in there either?

Totally agree on that one.

Why Not?:rolleyes:

Boone's Farm sure does bring back memories...not all of them good ones!:eek:

OMG! I thought I was the only one! A bottle use to be 99 cents!! Country Quencher, Strawberry Hill! One of those for me, one for my date, we were set!! What about Wine Coolers, lol, when they first came out...

Ok...I'm going to put in my 2 cents worth.

1. People who have absolutly no common sense or manners. People who think they purchased everything under the sun when they purchased their cruise. No...the price of the cruise DID NOT mean you can leave your children run wild for others to deal with! No...the price of the cruise DID NOT purchase slaves to cater to your every whim! And...No, the price of the cruise DID NOT purchase you a get out of jail free card for behaiving like complete idiots!!!

2. And, one of my biggest (all though to many, very minor) is SLAMMING THEIR CABIN DOORS!!! Really....does anyone else hear this. Doesn't matter what time of day...doors slamming! Is it really that hard to take a second to make sure the door doesn't slam, honestly, it sounds like someones dropping a F150 thru the ceiling.

OK...I'm off my soap box...thanks for the "venting" thread.

Safe cruising everyone!

Ok...I'm going to put in my 2 cents worth.

2. And, one of my biggest (all though to many, very minor) is SLAMMING THEIR CABIN DOORS!!! Really....does anyone else hear this. Doesn't matter what time of day...doors slamming! Is it really that hard to take a second to make sure the door doesn't slam, honestly, it sounds like someones dropping a F150 thru the ceiling.

Oh yes I agree.

OMG! I thought I was the only one! A bottle use to be 99 cents!! Country Quencher, Strawberry Hill! One of those for me, one for my date, we were set!! What about Wine Coolers, lol, when they first came out...

Don't tell anyone...I have a bottle of Strawberry Hill in my fridge right now!:D

Come on over...We'll pass it around!:p;)

Sorry, but I think you're way out of step :eek:

It's the BUFFET, not the MDR on formal night :rolleyes: Why would you even care? :confused:

mmm, sorry don't know how old you are, but when I was growing up men did not wear hats indoors ... period...Mdr or not.

I hope I don't offend anyone here:

People smoking where they shouldnt especially on their balcony.

People who storm the elevator before anyone can get out.

Security that is non-existant when they should be watching what is going on.

Strangers that sit at my table during breakfast or lunch when there are plenty of empty tables.

People who cut in line when you are waiting on line to get off the ship at a port.

Having to put out my luggage so early on last night.

p.s these things don't ruin my cruise, they are just pet peeves.

I hope I don't offend anyone here:

People smoking where they shouldnt especially on their balcony.

People who storm the elevator before anyone can get out.

Security that is non-existant when they should be watching what is going on.

Strangers that sit at my table during breakfast or lunch when there are plenty of empty tables.

People who cut in line when you are waiting on line to get off the ship at a port.

Having to put out my luggage so early on last night.

p.s these things don't ruin my cruise, they are just pet peeves.

I believe that the balcony is one of the places that you are allowed to smoke on the ship, so that should not be a pet peeve.

But I agree strongly with all your others.

mmm, sorry don't know how old you are, but when I was growing up men did not wear hats indoors ... period...Mdr or not.

Mmm, I have news for you...I'm a 37 year old WOMAN, and I often wear my Red Sox hat when dining in informal settings. See my avatar :cool: Would I wear it in Chops or the MDR? No, but there's nothing wrong with wearing caps in the WJ, some of which is an outdoor venue!

Why the concern about what others wear to the buffet? Why not just enjoy your food and Company and ignore everyone else :confused:

And before the accusations start, I dress to the suggested guidlines, am educated, have a full set of teeth, and defy all of the other stereotypes the CC fashion Police like to throw around :rolleyes:

I don't know where you were raised, but in the west it is common to see men and women wearing hats indoors. In days gone past when most wore large brim hats (aka cowboy hats), there really was no safe place to put them while dining, etc. They simply wore them which was the most practical thing to do. That habit has now come down to wearing any hat indoors even while eating.

While I am at it, jeans have been worn in the west for a very long time. They were practical for living on the frontier. Jeans were first developed for the miners in California due to their rugged qualities. Over the years jeans have come to be worn in most places including nicer restaurants. A sport coat over the jeans and you are dressed up. This is of course not the case on the east coast.

The moral of all this is that different parts of our country as well as the world have different standards. What one my find offensive is perfectly reasonable in the area where the wearer lives. The key is called TOLERANCE for those who may be different.

142.gif

And before the accusations start, I dress to the suggested guidlines, am educated, have a full set of teeth, and defy all of the other stereotypes the CC fashion Police like to throw around :rolleyes:

But...But...But....You're a Red Sox fan!!!! I can think of so many good stereotypes :D :)

Mmm, I have news for you...I'm a 37 year old WOMAN, and I often wear my Red Sox hat when dining in informal settings. See my avatar :cool: Would I wear it in Chops or the MDR? No, but there's nothing wrong with wearing caps in the WJ, some of which is an outdoor venue!

Why the concern about what others wear to the buffet? Why not just enjoy your food and Company and ignore everyone else :confused:

You have teeth?:eek:;):D

But...But...But....You're a Red Sox fan!!!! I can think of so many good stereotypes :D :)

Touché ;)

I imagine Atty stands for Attorney, so you'll appreciate this...when the Red Sox are in the World Series, I wear full Red Sox regalia for the duration (it brings them luck :D ). Anyway, I'm in court a lot, so I've worn jerseys under my suits :)

Obviously it has worked because the Sox swept the '04 and '07 series when I did this :p

I refrain from cruising in October for this very reason!

I can't stand people in bathroom stalls talking on the phone. I just think it's disgusting. I wouldn't let my friend come into the stall with me while I was using it, so why would I want them to "hear" anything going on in there either?

I always start flushing when I hear somebody on their cellphone in the loo. Repeatedly. I know it's not environmentally correct, but I can't help myself!

I always start flushing when I hear somebody on their cellphone in the loo. Repeatedly. I know it's not environmentally correct, but I can't help myself!

I can just see you doing that!:D

32 of them, and believe it or not, they are white!

I live in Virginia, not WEST Virginia ;) :p :D

:D:D

People who swirl napkins - very unhygenic and bad manners

I would go on about how rude people from a certain country can be (although many are polite, but it seems the minority spoil it for the majority) - but I might get shouted down ;)

Waiters who insist on singing and marching - when I am waiting for food to be served.

I have to chime in on the smoking on the balcony issue. I understand smokers have the right to smoke on their balconys, but our last two cruises we had chain smokers on one or both sides of us. One cabin had a family of four (two parents and two adult children) that all smoked non-stop. It got to the point where we could never go out on our balcony without being surrounded by smoke. It didn't matter whether the ship was moving or docked, we still had smoke on our balcony and if we left the door ajar, it would go into our cabin as well. For this reason, we've booked an oceanview cabin for our next cruise (why pay for a balcony when you can never use it)? I wish RCI would consider making one section of the ship smoking balcony cabins and the others non-smoking. Since the smokers are the minority on the ship, this only seems fair.

Archived