Poor Excursion choices Eastern Carrib

Bakincakes

I've booked the grandkids on the Emerald for Oct Eastern Carib..Grand Turk,St. Marteen etc.

Seems as though if they aren't into snorkeling or beach there isn't much choices for excursions.

No parasailing...water skis...etc.

Is this SOP for the Eastern? Seems as if the excursion choices on Princess are much more limited than those on lines like RCI. Is Western any better?

Am I wrong and missing something?

I just checked the offerings for St. Maartin and saw three great choices that adults and kids alike should enjoy. We loved the Rhino River boat trip! An adult must drive, but it was a fun trip! The half day catamaran sail was also great, but includes snorkeling. Fianlly, the one that everyone raves about, including my nephew-in-law who is a comedian who works on many cruise lines, is the America's Cup race in St. Maartin. You must be at least 12 to participate. It has been sold out everytime we have been to St. Maartin, so if you are considering that one you'll want to book it when you can get into excursions at 120 days out from your sailing date. Have a great cruise!

I just checked the offerings for St. Maartin and saw three great choices that adults and kids alike should enjoy. We loved the Rhino River boat trip! An adult must drive, but it was a fun trip! The half day catamaran sail was also great, but includes snorkeling. Fianlly, the one that everyone raves about, including my nephew-in-law who is a comedian who works on many cruise lines, is the America's Cup race in St. Maartin. You must be at least 12 to participate. It has been sold out everytime we have been to St. Maartin, so if you are considering that one you'll want to book it when you can get into excursions at 120 days out from your sailing date. Have a great cruise!

I have heard the same thing about the Americas Cup race. I know that next time I am in St Martin I will be taking this excursion.

St. Martin butterfly farm and tour to the French side was interesting for 2 girls that sailed with us. They loved the cat. sailing also. If you want to glide while being pulled by a boat then you can do it on the islands at several beaches. Same is true for wave runners, etc. They are not offered by all of the Cruise lines and my guess is insurance issues. If you check some of the threads there have been some bad events and hurt folks. So be careful.

Parasailing?? Water skiing?? Good grief, are you trying to kill off your poor grandchildren? Seriously, though, I doubt you'll find either of those two offered as excursions through the cruiseline because of liability issues.

Parasailing?? Water skiing?? Good grief, are you trying to kill off your poor grandchildren? Seriously, though, I doubt you'll find either of those two offered as excursions through the cruiseline because of liability issues.

Re-read the OP's first post. She said No Parasailing, waterskies, etc.

I cruise Princess a fair amount and I don't remember seeing excursions with parasailing or jet skis. Princess Cays might do parasailing...will have to check (we are on the Emerald right now---it is heaven!). If you want to jet ski in St. Maarten there is a nice beach right in town (take the water taxi to PHillipsburg) and last time we were there they had jet skis for rent. The surf was nice too-not too strong for children. In St. Thomas on a prior visit was with someone who wanted to rent Jet Ski so we took a taxi to Marriott Frenchmans Resort and they had plenty for rent there-was a nice day.

Not sure if any cruiseline will offer jet ski or parasailing excursions because of liability reasons. If you want to jet ski in the eastern carib, go to sapphire beach on st thomas and walk over to the marina. you can get 30 minutes for $45. there are two vendors.

Archived