Laundromat on Solstice

Spectrum

A. I have sent out many things and they have all come back in great shape--laundered items included. I would not hesitate to send them anything I own.

B. They specifically request that you do NOT use the balcony as a laundry facility. I believe all ships except Solstice have clotheslines in the showers.

On my recent cruise on Solstice, they offered a $29 special on Friday for as much laundry (not dry cleaning) as you could fit into one of their laundry bags. Would've been more useful a day or two earlier, but thought I'd mention it.

Yes, I had some cotton things that shrunk when laundered--ask for everything to be dry cleaned!

Was this on a Celebrity ship?

I have cottons laundered on every X cruise and have always been really pleased with both the laundry and the drycleaning services.

Seems pretty cheap to me to have them do it. When I stay at hotels that have washers/dryers, I waste 2 hours dealing with it, pay $5 for the washer/dryer and then $2 or so for soap each for whites and darks. So if they will clean 4 days worth of underwear, socks and it costs me $12, it's worth it, that means I can pack for 4 days instead of 8. The rest I would dryclean at home anyway, worth having it cleaned and pressed when you need it and not have to pack and iron. I have yet to travel anywhere in the world where I couldn't do it with a carry on bag. If cost is an issue, there are probably laundramats near the port.

Archived