Whats the one thing that annoys you that RCCL does?

In fact....the waiters have nickels for the juke boxes...I keep choosing the songs they sing/dance to....

On the last cruise....our waiter came over and teased me that I was trying to trick them into singing in between the scheduled performances...

I told him I was going to keep ordering food until they sang because I'm cheap and out of coupons!!!...

.....And when the cruisers join in....well...I love it!....(we'd NEVER do that at home...but, at sea??? WHY NOT! ---get it? WHY NOT? !!)

After being on 2 Princess cruises, and on the Solstice, I wish that they would change the way the lifeboat drill is conducted.

On Princess and Solstice, we go to a lounge or dining room, where the staff shows us how to put on a lifejacket. We can actually sit in comfort and watch a video on Solstice. Very civilized

On RCCL, its out on the deck, baby, and no sneaking down the elevators. Put on that life jacket, and walk down 5-6 flights without being able to see your feet (I have bad balance). Everyone line up, and make sure that your lines are straight. We can squeeze in a few more. Now, standaround for a while, while some guy you can't hear speaks so that he can't be understood, and no one pays attention anyway. It is about this time that the bad jokes start.

Then, stand around some more while the Captain tells you what a wonderful time you'll have. Make sure that you are hot and sweaty by the time it is over.

I'm all for safety, but, is anything really accomplished with the outside drill?

At least, when it is over, I can have a nice fruity drink- ahhh, this is more like it

Put on that life jacket, and walk down 5-6 flights without being able to see your feet (I have bad balance).
I refuse to put on the life jacket and walk down the stairs. My balance is usually fine but I'm a woman with a large chest and can't see my feet with the life jacket on. I've almost missed my step several times when getting pushed during the stampede to get to the muster stations. It's just not safe! I'm NOT going to ruin my cruise by falling down the stairs and breaking my leg on the first day!

I really hate the announcements every five minutes. I've never played bingo onboard or been to the art auction. I'm not going to start going just because they announce it every five minutes.

The fact that they have no "anytime" or freedom dining. Have had horrible table mates on our cruises, all except one...yikes!
I thought all of the ships had anytime dining now? I haven't completely kept up with the implementation. Which ones don't have it yet?

As someone said, the only thing that actually annoys me are rude fellow pax. There more and more of them each cruise. :eek:

Now, the only thing I wish RCCL WOULD do is have a buffet later at night. I don't care for the offerings at the Cafe, and JR is a joke.

Previous poster is correct, that is what's done at most Johnny Rockets, maybe just not as often. We have one we visit occasionally here in CT and they do the same. In fact my DS (16) thought of applying for a job there until he remembered the singing and dancing.

I have to agree with the others though and say that I HATE the announcements. I swear I think a bingo announcement came on shipwide while were were playing Bingo. Sheesh.

Announcements - agreed ... in fact I could do without the art auctions altogether.

Doesn't bother me enough to 'complain' but (in my personalised ship), these are the other things I could do without ...

- bingo

- kids procession through DR

- singing waiters

- belly flop competition

- quest (really - I'm just not the type!)

That's just me though and I'm laid back enough to go with the flow (plus I could list a million things I love)

I'm going to agree with the waiters singing. But on the bright side

they don't have us do the Macarena anymore. :)

Oh, no you didn't Cat Girl! Now I'll have that insipid song running through my head for days! Aaaahhhh!;)

Announcements 24/7 for Bingo, art sales, or anything else.

You have taken the words right out of my mouth! The cruise director should not be allowed to use the ship's public address system. Save it for emergencies or one daily announcement from the captain!

chair hogs

singing waiters

making people who are late run for the ship at ports (actually I enjoy this - maybe it is my sadistic side ;) )

constant 'buy this', 'buy that' promotions

blocking of walkways selling items (being disabled this is a pain as it causes congestion)

Mine is so minor but it still bugs me. They only have saltine crackers with the cheese plate. Brie and saltines does not get it (lol). Once I found some water crackers on the salad bar in the Windjammer but only for a day or two.

Tucker in Texas

I must admit, you are right on this one. I thought the same thing when we had our cheese and crackers before dinner on our balcony last year on th Jewel of the Seas. Serving saltines on a cheese plate is like getting peanut butter crackers for an appetizer for a special meal!

so what is the one thing that goes on during a cruise that annoys you. I am not talking about stuff that rccl charges you for or anything to do with money. I am talking about the things like the awful singing in the johnny rockets is. I really wish they wouldn't do it, or maybe just do it once an hour. Anyway whats your thoughts?

we loved it! And the food was great!

Archived