Whats the one thing that annoys you that RCCL does?

I too dislike all the bingo and activity announcements. One thing I didn't discover until near the end of my trip on the Mariner is a dial in my cabin for turning the speaker off. Nice feature.

Although it could easily be remedied by bringing an iPod or ear plugs, I didn't like hearing the same songs every day in the gym. Couldn't have been more than about 10 songs that endlessly looped. I didn't count, but found it annoying, e.g. are they too cheap to license more than that?

After hearing "All I wanna do, is have some fun..." 1,000 times, all I wanted to do was leave; or rip out the speakers. :-)

Not allowing you to pre-pay for the airport transfer vouchers when you make final payment on your cruise. If we would have been flying in the day of our cruise we could have bought them, but since we were flying in a day early they wouldn't allow us to pre-pay for them. We had to wait until the morning of the cruise to get them. It would have been so much more convenient to just pay for them when we made final payment. It would have been one less thing to worry about.

I guess I should have lied and told them we were flying in the day of the cruise. I just don't understand why they have that rule. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I really dislike the waiters dancing around in the MDR. I agree that it is degrading to them; I bet most of them would like to just keep doing their jobs, especially after they have worked for a month or so and done it 4-5 times. Forced fun is rarely fun!

Good news that they aren't doing the Macarena anymore! I was hoping that would be left out of the Alaskan cruises--surely we won't have "Caribbean Night" there? Please?

On a positive note, I am a 57 year old woman and I LOVE and look forward to the towel animals!! :D

So what is the one thing that goes on during a cruise that annoys you. I am not talking about stuff that rccl charges you for or anything to do with money. I am talking about the things like the awful singing in the Johnny Rockets is. I really wish they wouldn't do it, or maybe just do it once an hour. Anyway whats your thoughts?

Well.... its rather toward the end of a cruise... they seem to always bring the ship back to the same Port we left from, well duh, we have already "been there".... and then want us to leave the ship... now that is annoying!

-Not enforcing their own rules.

I am so tired of babies in the pool, small children in the hot tubes thinking they are in the pool with no regard to the adults in the hot tube there to relax.

Also tired of seeing small children running amuck without a single parent around.

I don't hate children. I am actually a Kindergarten teacher!

I must admit, you are right on this one. I thought the same thing when we had our cheese and crackers before dinner on our balcony last year on th Jewel of the Seas. Serving saltines on a cheese plate is like getting peanut butter crackers for an appetizer for a special meal!

That is a pet peeve of mine too. I do like saltines, but with Brie?? Peanut butter crackers are great with a beer at home (but what isn't:D), but not not as an appetizer.

-Not enforcing their own rules.

I am so tired of babies in the pool, small children in the hot tubes thinking they are in the pool with no regard to the adults in the hot tube there to relax.

Also tired of seeing small children running amuck without a single parent around.

I don't hate children. I am actually a Kindergarten teacher!

indeed, and there is never a crew member around to ask as to why the policy is not being enforced.

I'm going to agree with the waiters singing. But on the bright side

they don't have us do the Macarena anymore. :)

We agree with you. We quietly say goodbye to our waiter before, and slip out just as the singing and dancing begins.

What really bugs me is boarding day when you see all the waiters with their trays full of "the drink of the day" with one in a out stretched arm handing them to happy folks. The folks of course thing they are free and are led to believe they are, until the waiter asks for your boarding pass once the drink is in your hands. I always know the first timers by their reaction.

Other cruise lines do it, why not RCCL? Allow people to bring their own wine on board & charge a corkage fee.

If people declare it at check-in charge $15/bottle & if it's found in the luggage and it's undeclared charge $25/bottle. This turns it into a money maker for them & gives people an incentive to tell them what they have in their luggage.

During the muster, taking a long time to drone on about save the seas or talk about bingo. That's their job to not dump sewage and garbage overboard. I want to get on with my cruise.

And a CD that just thinks they have to announce everything. I have the daily newsletter, I can read and tell time. If you can't get to where you want to be, that's your problem.

Just got off the Liberty and the newspaper printouts are gone ....cost cutting.!!!

Are you saying they are not giving out the "daily compass"?! Without it the announcements would be endless!
The Compass is still around. RC used to have a mini version of USA Today that covered headlines and sports scores each day. It was only 1 letter-sized paper page. I think they quit doing because they know sports addicts like my husband will go nuts if he can't get the Astros scores and will use the internet to get them instead, thus generating more revenue for them. :rolleyes:

Another vote for the annoying practice of forcing the busy MDR staff to sing' date=' dance and parade around. I find this "forced fun" to be contrived, and degrading. :( JMHO[/quote']

I agree. But do you remember the very first time you saw this on your very first cruise????

I admit, after numerous cruises is does get annoying, but maybe not to first time cruisers.

In December on EOS the first day all the bartenders, waiters, etc. called the women "m'lady". The women I spoke to all agreed we didn't like it but couldn't agree on what would be acceptable!;) Darn if you do, darn if you don't!:D

Archived