Whats the one thing that annoys you that RCCL does?

After being on 2 Princess cruises, and on the Solstice, I wish that they would change the way the lifeboat drill is conducted.

On Princess and Solstice, we go to a lounge or dining room, where the staff shows us how to put on a lifejacket. We can actually sit in comfort and watch a video on Solstice. Very civilized

On RCCL, its out on the deck, baby, and no sneaking down the elevators. Put on that life jacket, and walk down 5-6 flights without being able to see your feet (I have bad balance). Everyone line up, and make sure that your lines are straight. We can squeeze in a few more. Now, standaround for a while, while some guy you can't hear speaks so that he can't be understood, and no one pays attention anyway. It is about this time that the bad jokes start.

Then, stand around some more while the Captain tells you what a wonderful time you'll have. Make sure that you are hot and sweaty by the time it is over.

I'm all for safety, but, is anything really accomplished with the outside drill?

Well for one thing, now you know where the lifeboats are. Believe me, when we mustered inside the International Lounge on the Norway for real, it was not civilized. Show me the boats, learn how to walk with your life preserver on. That's what's really accomplished.

You can sit in the lounge and wait for the singer/dancer/lifeboat captain to lead you in an orderly fashion to the lifeboats, I'll already be there waiting. If I am assigned to the lounge for muster, I still make it my responsibility to check where the actual boats and boarding will be.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but the one thing that DW and I dislike about RCL is that they completely close off the Windjammer in the evening after dinner. On all of the other lines we often enjoy the peace of sitting in the buffet areas having a coffee or tea before we turn in and on RCL you can't. Don't understand why every other line can leave the area open.

Just a small one but it still annoys.

Playing the same "top 40 cruise songs" on every sailing via a live band, DJ, or piped music. How many times :rolleyes: can we hear "Celebration", "Margaritaville", "Electric Slide", "YMCA", "We Are Family", "Brick House", etc., ad nauseam, night and day?

Loud music around the pools, and in public areas, late at night and in the early morning hours when it should be sedate.

a lot of this stuff that has been mentioned is aimed at first time cruisers. Yes, it rubs me the wrong way now that I've had a few under the belt. But to create new cruiseaholics, you need all that stuff.

OK, now the one thing that irks me is all the requests for my photo. I'll gladly give them the one for my Seapass card but don't bother me in the diningroom while I'm trying to eat. Don't block the pier trying to get my picture with a lifering that has the port name on it, or worse a pirate/parrot/polar bear/senorita holding her skirt up/senor looking dangerous/etc.

One of the nice things about getting old is that either you have automatically programmed a defense against things that bug you or, after a week has gone by, you don't remember something that did bug you.

With me, it is usually the "time" thing.

Defensively, I automatically avoid Johnny Rockets; we have one locally and I don't see why I should go to one on a ship and pay for a hamburger, etc.

I have a hearing problem and wear hearing aids so when the announcements come on, I can cut the sound on the aids in less than a second.

I really don't care if the crew calls me "Mr.", "Sir", "Your Highness" or "A$$hole" - I have been called every name in the book at sometime during my life so I am used to that and I really don't care.

The bar-servers can ask me if I want the DOD as often as they want: half the time I don't hear them and they get bored and walk away to greener pastures or if I do hear them, I do know how to say "No, thank you." They go off to greener pastures.

I don't mind the waiters singing and dancing. I get into it. And, despite what others have indicated, I think the waiters enjoy it, if, and only if, the pax enjoy it. So, make the waiters happy and get into it. If that is going to bug you, do as a previous poster advised and leave early.

That's it. I forget what I wrote at the start and don't feel like going back and re-reading it.

All in all, I really don't have much to complain about. I really enjoy cruising - especially on RCI.

So what is the one thing that goes on during a cruise that annoys you. I am not talking about stuff that rccl charges you for or anything to do with money. I am talking about the things like the awful singing in the Johnny Rockets is. I really wish they wouldn't do it, or maybe just do it once an hour. Anyway whats your thoughts?

Not being rude, but what is the point of this post? Is it just to be negative? Things like this confuse me, why make a list of things we don't like??:confused:

Oh yeah!!!

That and having muster. :D Having spent plenty of time at sea on boats, rigs, etc...I've gotten pretty good at knowing where to go for a General Alarm. I know its law and many folks wouldn't know without the drill so its really not that big of a deal for me.

But without the Muster Drill, you wouldn't get those lovely pictures of yourself in that gorgeous life vest! Everyone HAS to have those from every cruise don't they?? :D

Trying to get your waiter to actually wait on you in the dining room at dinner. We couldn't get drinks and I mean coffee or tea, because our waitress was too busy flirting with the other wait staff. Our service was so lousy the last cruise on the Navigator of the Seas that I booked with Carnival for the next cruise. The majority of the staff all over the ship were rude and inattentive.

:mad:

Sound levels TOO LOUD in the theater

=quote]

You forgot to mention chair hogs, but we'll assume you meant to.

Now, the sound level in my complaint. This is a vicious cycle. People's hearing has been destroyed by years of loud music, so they can't hear unless the music is loud, which destroys more hearing.

It was physically painful to walk through the Royal Promenade recently on the Explorer. I hated to be rude, but I had to hold my fingers in my ears. Yet there were people sitting right near the musicians and enjoying the performance.

The art sales are very annoying, the Inch of Gold is pure junk, and I wish they would put something in the gift stores that is different for a change. The "Art" is a bunch of junk but the cruise lines must be making money on it. I'm so sick of those portraits of the ladies with the blue eye-shadow drinking tea. I think if the candid photos they take all the time weren't $10-$20 each people would actually buy a few. Instead they get trashed. Also, bingo use to be fun but they raised the price way too high and then sometimes the Big Bingo is an upgrade to a suite they weren't able to sell anyway. Other than that, I'm happy. These are just little complaints but the hawking of all this stuff is annoying and I think it actually cheapens the whole experience.

What really bugs me is boarding day when you see all the waiters with their trays full of "the drink of the day" with one in a out stretched arm handing them to happy folks. The folks of course thing they are free and are led to believe they are, until the waiter asks for your boarding pass once the drink is in your hands. I always know the first timers by their reaction.

This is my number one complaint too! Why put a bad taste (no pun intended) in someone's mouth the first minute they're on board the ship??

OK, not sure if this is something to ***** about but I really can't stand it when I get all dressed up for the formal night and they allow people to still come in jeans and t-shirt. I said something one time and they said that they cannot inforce the formal night rules but they try to point it out to people that they should follow the rules. We enjoy the formal nights, believe it or not my 4 boys enjoy it too. Makes then feel like Bond, James Bond. OK can you tell I just got over a crusie and need to get back on one soon, like now! Where the hell is my waiter and where is my Sea Pass!

Archived