Just for fun...room service question

Morcruisin4Fun

I love reading posts like this. On our first two cruises we ordered coffee, fruit and danishes to be delivered in the am. It was a good way to put a wake up call in. After one morning where my dh overslept and fumbled to find some ones to tip the delivery guy we stopped using the automatic delivery. On our last two cruises we didn't order anything from room service as we were close enough to the Lido that my dh could run up and get something to hold him over til I got up and we'd head to the dining room. I'm really wanting to try some of the items on the room service menu. I just never seem to have the time or the room to fit it in.

Not to quibble or anything, but the most recent post on that thread is about 2 and a half years old :eek:! IMHO People's preferences might have changed since then.... not too mention the menus listed. Not trying to flame anyone, but when I look for people's favorites and what is good, I tend to look at the most recent information as a better indicator of what I should try when I cruise...

Melissa

I agree!

On the Destiny last year, the Roast Beef and Brie did not live up to the expections I had from others on this board. It was good but the grilled focaccia sandwich with portabello was to die for.

I'm going to give the Roast Beef a try again on the next cruise.:D

The focaccia sandwich is my FAVORITE! I could eat one of those everyday! :D I at least order one everyday!

Not to quibble or anything,

#1 Once you start a post with a statement like that, it essentially means that you completely realize that you are quibbling...

but the most recent post on that thread is about 2 and a half years old! IMHO People's preferences might have changed since then.... not too mention the menus listed.

So, if you are going to "quibble", then you might want to really look through things first.

#2 The thread may have started two years ago, but people keep adding to it, updating their questions and experiences, and the menus are essentially the same.

There is a certain way on these boards, where people can ask a question - and then people respond with their one experience, on one ship.

People then take that as "gospel".

#3 It is essentially a better method to have an ongoing test response, and see what has been people's favorites on several ships, on several cruises, and several votes over a longer term.

Not trying to flame anyone,

And it sounds like you realize that you might already be doing that...

but when I look for people's favorites and what is good, I tend to look at the most recent information as a better indicator of what I should try when I cruise...

Melissa

Okay, so then you can just look at the most "recent" information for yourself, and let others enjoy looking through more consistent long term favorites.

The original poster on this thread asked...

Just for fun...room service question.

What is the best thing Carnival has to offer for room service? What do you like?

Key word here being "fun".

I'm sure that there are lots of people who are on these boards looking for "just for fun" reading (like the OP)...

might enjoy the option to take part in a poll on room service...

look back and see what people have voted as consistent favorites over the long term...

look at some pictures of room service items...

see all of the various questions, info, and responses that might actually increase their knowledge for their upcoming cruises...

#4 Sometimes a "better indicator" of what you should try when you cruise, is something that has been consistently good, and consistently a favorite over a few years, and on several ships.

Even if you don't, that is a big helpful factor for a lot of people.

#5 And for people who might be curious about things like this...

The focaccia sandwich is my FAVORITE! I could eat one of those everyday! I at least order one everyday!
there was a veggie sandwich on foccacia ( i think) that was amazing

Guess what? There are some pictures of this that can add to new cruisers info!

Long term consistent threads are kind of informational like that.;)

...and OP, I'm a little hurt over your agreement here...

I agree!

after you said you wanted info for "fun"...

and then you say this...

Dear Members of the Cruise Critic Family,

I just want to thank everyone who has posted, answered and asked the many questions that are here on these boards. It has been so helpful in planning our upcoming Valor Cruise Vacation. As I have cruised before, things change and it helps to be able to come on this website and read and learn from what everyone has experienced. There have been many helpful hints and ideas of things I never even thought of. The reviews and pictures members have posted have been wonderful and it helps to envision what our cruise will be like. I can spend hours (and I have) reading these posts and reviews. Thank you again Cruise Critic Members for taking the time to be a member of these boards and helping others.

One of the things I do here, is keep track and compile long term information on certain subjects.

I think that there are lots of people who appreciate it.

By directing you to threads like that, you are seeing a better overall picture, and experience to learn from everyone.

By directing you to threads like that, I'm also providing you with lots of reading material to learn from, and have fun with...

If you personally don't appreciate it, or don't care to bother reading through the large amount of information and opinions in the thread, you personally don't have to...

But there is no reason to nitpick/flame, when it could be helpful or enjoyable to others.

#6 The room service poll is still active, and you can vote!

If you want to add your newer voices and opinions to it, please feel free!

That's what it's there for.:D

Even if there is one tidbit of information in there that one reader gains from it, then it's serving it's purpose...

Hopefully, more people can get some reading enjoyment, and there will be less "nitpicking" and less "flaming".

Feel free to actually get a benefit out of posts, threads, and people's information - and those that don't, feel free to move on.

No negative comments are actually necessary, or actually helpful to future readers in situations like this.

Venting over. I'm going to back to helping people on my other threads, where people appreciate the history and long term feedback.

Anyone who appreciates it, keep enjoying!

and plate of fresh veggies with blue cheese to dip them in.

'tis awesome, I have a pic of that as well!

We ordered coffee, juice, bagels w/cream cheese or croisants nearly every morning. Never had any of the sandwiches or salads later in the day. It was a great start to the day. They didn't call ahead of time, but always delivered at the time requested (I would put 7:00 to 7:30 and it always arrived at 7:00). We never used room service on our first cruise, but after reading posts about it on here, I had to give it a try - maybe next cruise I will try some of the "non breakfast" items.

maybe next cruise I will try some of the "non breakfast" items.

I like folks who have the spirit of adventure!!!!:) It is a rare day when I eat traditional breakfast items - because there are so many more interesting tastes out there!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

• 1 month later...
What is the best thing Carnival has to offer for room service? What do you like?

I always loved the BLT's....my favorite

My daughter always orders the BLT also :D

after going to the room at night

needless to say she also

hits the Pizza before heading to the room ;)

for the beef and brie. And, we always order cookies and milk (or hot chocolate) for the kids room before bed. They look forward to cruising because we waive the "no dessert after dessert" rule when on vacation. :cool:

Plus, with no after-school, you have to have cookies and milk sometime, right?

I just have to say that we REALLY miss the bean wrap that was on the old room service menu. That was our very favorite room service item. With that gone, I usually get the BLT and chocolate cake. The cheesecake is really good too - very creamy and better, IMO, than the cheesecake offered at lunch on the lido deck.

The beef and brie on the baguette (as mach posted pic of above) is sooooo good. What this board never communicated to me before I cruised carnival was just how great the bread is. The baguette is fresh, crispy on the outside and soft/airy on the inside.

That chocolate cake is a winner,too.

And to the above poster who orders a 6pm snack to tide them through that long 2 hours until dinner: I totally understand that! You need to keep up your energy. (We did the same thing on a daily basis.)

A great hint that I picked up from someone on this site was to take a100 ones with you on a cruise for tips. We kept these in a special place and were always ready for the room server.

Isn't room service one of the best things about a cruise?

Hot pot o' coffee. It's not as good as what I make at home, but it gets the day going.

BTW.. it never occured to me to photograph my food, but I am so glad others did! I will surely branch out next time beyond the cuppa joe.

Any more pics out there?

I have to remember to try the veggie and cookie platters from room service this year. I had that on my list before but was never hungry enough to order. A definite for the afternoon this year.:p

Are the veggie and cookie platters something new for room service? When I told my daughter about the cookies, she was so excited. She loves cookies and when I told her that room service was free (only need to give a tip) that made her even more excited. HA!

Archived