Just for fun...room service question

Morcruisin4Fun

What ships are you guys going on to get this food?!?!! I don't recall any of these items on our cruise in Feb aboard the Victory! I only remember the grilled cheese, salad, veggie plate, fruit plate, cheesecake (which didn't taste like cheesecake) and some sort of roast beef sandwich. Maybe it was the Roast Beef and Brie, but I don't remember the cookies, canapes (sp?), etc.:confused:

What is the best thing Carnival has to offer for room service? What do you like?

I always loved the BLT's....my favorite

I love the BLT's too but my favorite is the smoked salmon with cream cheese on a bagel...YUM!!!!!!! :D

What is the best thing Carnival has to offer for room service? What do you like?

I always loved the BLT's....my favorite

I had the grilled portabella and mozz cheese with basil aoili (sp?), it was really good. I had to run to the lido to get coffee cups, while I was gone DH took a small bite and liked it too (he told me that later). I didn't get a bite of his pastrami (booo) but he said it was great.

Try the canape tray

SmallCanape601.jpg

Well I think this looks delicious. Perfect for a pre dinner champagne. I'll be looking out for this.

I have a question about the tipping. Being from Australia, where tipping doesn't happen except in more upscale restaurants, how much should I tip for things like room service.

I just know that somewhere along the line while in the US I am going to forget to tip someone and they will think I am horrid.:eek:

Well I think this looks delicious. Perfect for a pre dinner champagne. I'll be looking out for this.

I have a question about the tipping. Being from Australia, where tipping doesn't happen except in more upscale restaurants, how much should I tip for things like room service.

I just know that somewhere along the line while in the US I am going to forget to tip someone and they will think I am horrid.:eek:

$1 to $2 per dish they say around here. Some have said more than that.:)

Does anyone know where I might find a copy of the Carnival room service menu?:p I'm cruising on the Triumph in April and would love to plan my snacks!:D:D:D

mousey...

The room service menu, along with pictures of various items, and a poll that you can vote in, is located on this thread/link here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=359674

You can plan away, starting right at that link.

There is quite a lot of info on room service tricks, and favorites to order there as well!

Are the veggie and cookie platters something new for room service? When I told my daughter about the cookies, she was so excited. She loves cookies and when I told her that room service was free (only need to give a tip) that made her even more excited. HA!

Nope, the veggie and cookie platter are not something new.

They've been available for quite a few years now.

The veggies are fresh cut with a dipping sauce, and the cookies are great too!

Enjoy!:D

Is the canape tray part of the free room service menu? I don't see it listed. It isn't a special order of some sort?

i believe it's a special order, i just don't know what in the heck you would be ordering.:confused:

That sandwich does look good. I also like a little continental breakfast delivered to my cabin first thing in the am. Need to put my dollars aside for all my calls to room service at 1 am. Didn't know they would bring you fries upon request. My DH will be happy :)

I totally always thought you were a boy. :eek: Not sure why! :p

The canape tray is ordered from Bon Voyage and include:

Carnival's Canape trays are served with cream cheese on French bread, truffle pate on white bread, sliced boiled egg on French bread, salmon mousse on white bread and last but not least, ham served on sliced white bread.

Just in my opinion only they were kinda gross. I'd rather have like a meat and cheese tray or something.

Archived