Anyone ever ask for an upgrade and succeeded?

All they can do is say, "No!" Give it a try, and let us know!

No! The planner said that "they had to have a lot of open rooms, which they never have and be a high level with crown and anchor with like 70 cruises"

It was pretty funny to hear her BS me. I will wait until port and try before we board. I think there are directions on CC for it.

I was looking at rooms for our cruise in March. Ocean view rooms are cheaper than interior rooms. I thought about calling to ask for an upgrade. They might get more for our interior rooms. A balcony is not that much more either.

Has anyone tried this?

You can ask for an upgrade, however expect to pay for it ;)

###

You must first check in at pier and get your seapass at pier. Then go directly to "Pier Coordinator". Ask where they are located. In FLL it was at end of check in counter. You pay according to what your category is and what you want to upgrade to and the amount of days your sailing is. I'm sure someone will post the exact costs are. One thing to know the cost is "per cabin" and not per person. And of course it is only if rooms are available. GL

I was looking at rooms for our cruise in March. Ocean view rooms are cheaper than interior rooms. I thought about calling to ask for an upgrade. They might get more for our interior rooms. A balcony is not that much more either.

Has anyone tried this?

Muncie,

They do have a residency special for you on a Cat I Ocienview for $799pp

If you are currently in an interior this is lower than any current rate, so you can call up RCI switch rooms and get money back. If you booked earlier for a lesser price then no big deal.

We did this from a promenade to a balcony on Indy at Christmas and saved $300pp

Diamond plus members are offered complimentary upgrades close to sailing. If they were to give upgrades to every one the incentive to become a D+ would be diminished.

This is so true. Two weeks before or 1-18 cruise RCCL called & asked if we would like an upgrade to a Grand Suite. We had booked a corner aft cabin with a great balcony. We declined their offer. We did some checking, called them back & asked for the Royal Suite. They said they were not allowed to upgrade anyone into the Royal. Instead we could have an Owner's Suite. That was one great room, had a blast.

Being Diamond Plus does pay sometimes.

Muncie,

They do have a residency special for you on a Cat I Ocienview for $799pp

If you are currently in an interior this is lower than any current rate, so you can call up RCI switch rooms and get money back. If you booked earlier for a lesser price then no big deal.

We did this from a promenade to a balcony on Indy at Christmas and saved $300pp

2 questions

I paid less than this and have a 3rd passenger in the room. Could I still do it?

The oceanview is on Deck 2. We are currently on Deck 6. Is there much difference in movement on the ship with the difference in decks?

Has anyone tried this?

We did this last year, we saw that the price for OV was cheaper than what we were paying for an interior and had our TA switch us to the lower priced room, RCI credited our card.I don't understand what the problem is.

2 questions

I paid less than this and have a 3rd passenger in the room. Could I still do it?

The oceanview is on Deck 2. We are currently on Deck 6. Is there much difference in movement on the ship with the difference in decks?

I don't understand why RCCL didn't offer to upgrade you, either. If you have 3 persons, you would have to get an OV that holds 3. Not sure if any do. :rolleyes:

I would call, and ask for the best possible pricing...maybe even to a Cat. E balcony.

As far as being on Deck 2, we felt no difference. Lower is better, anyway. Good luck!

2 questions

Is there much difference in movement on the ship with the difference in decks?

I always like higher decks myself, further away from holding tanks (which on some older ships can smell after a few nights at sea), closer to activities, restaraunts which means we don't have to climb a million stairs b/c waiting for the elevator is time consuming.

Diamond plus members are offered complimentary upgrades close to sailing. If they were to give upgrades to every one the incentive to become a D+ would be diminished.

Good Morning! How are things "over there".... now... can I add "sometimes" to the "offerings" ... since, as you know from our experience it is very, very rarely.

PS just started thinking about packing for LV :D

Good Morning! How are things "over there".... now... can I add "sometimes" to the "offerings" ... since, as you know from our experience it is very, very rarely.

PS just started thinking about packing for LV :D

I'm heading to L.A. this morning, have stuff to do there tomorrow then Thursday I'll drive back to LV.

Did RCL eliminate the vitality program? I have vitality tokens from our cruise last DEC that i was saving.

I'm heading to L.A. this morning, have stuff to do there tomorrow then Thursday I'll drive back to LV.

Did RCL eliminate the vitality program? I have vitality tokens from our cruise last DEC that i was saving.

Drive carefully! Yes, eliminated end of the year.... think they were "being generous" with the tokens... and some reported that they were still giving "stuff" in January.... but.... the "program" is gone. I had been saving some tokens... but never turned them in... and now can't find. Was going to see if they would honor on the NV... but didn't try.

I noticed there are 2 aft cabins open next to each other. Does anyone know the cost to upgrade at the port? It is too expensive to do it now.

We have tried numerous times to upgrade at the pier, without success. However, that was upgrading to a balcony from an OV, and a balcony to a Suite.

Call RCCl and see what they say about moving you to an OV (for same price) or balcony (for a fee.)

Has anyone tried this?

We did this last year, we saw that the price for OV was cheaper than what we were paying for an interior and had our TA switch us to the lower priced room, RCI credited our card.I don't understand what the problem is.

The problem could be that prices have gone up? The OP said the price of the OV is now cheaper than a inside, but OP never said that the price they paid for their interior was cheaper than the current rate of a OV. What they paid will determine if they can move up for free or not.

Archived