"combining" NC and Diamond discounts?

39august

I booked a cruise this mid-January and used my Next Cruise to get OBC and also was allowed my Diamond balcony discount. I thought this was not to be "combinable" after Jan. 1? So many posts were made saying NC was now worthless that I did not do NC on my VOS Jan. cruise. Now I guess I will have to buy a NC on Mariner in May! Have others been allowed both NC OBC and Diamond discount?

Hi,

I am not sure how much help I can be but I will just share my recent booking experience.

Jan 27, 09 I made a booking for May TA cruise. I did inform them that I do have a NC booking number and a Diamond status with C&A. I booked a balcony ( E3) cabin which was offered with "Senior" rate. I was giving the 300 per cabin benefit of C&A, the 200 deposit of the NC ( which I made back in June of 2008) was added to the 450 required deposit ( which was the reduced deposit - 1/2 of the normal 900).

And that was it. There was a small 'glitch' - ( probably wrong program in a computer) when the Invoice showed up on my computer - there was the fuel surcharge ....... that got removed after a call to RCI.

I made the booking directlywith RCI. I did not ask about the OBC and it does not show on the Invoice but I believe it is there.

On a previous cruise when NC was used, the OBC was not listed on the invoice either but it was there to be used on board the ship.

Wes

I made the booking directlywith RCI. I did not ask about the OBC and it does not show on the Invoice but I believe it is there.

On a previous cruise when NC was used, the OBC was not listed on the invoice either but it was there to be used on board the ship.

Wes

I'm not sure if my experience booking with NC applies now, with all the changes. However, in the past (pre 2009), I would book direct with RC, using my NC booking number. RC would email me an invoice within 30 minutes of this booking. On that initial invoice, the NC OBC would not show up. After a week or so, I'd call RC and request another copy of the invoice. On this second invoice, the NC OBC would show up, listed as something like "ADV1-$100 ONBRDCR" for a 7 day cruise. It was as if RC's system took some time to recognize the booking number as an NC and then applied the notation to the invoice.

So it might be interesting if you call RC in a week or so and see if your invoice has the OBC or not.

Bob

I booked thru' my TA and the Next Cruise OBC does show on my invoice. So, apparently from mine and wieslaw's experiences, Next Cruise OBC IS being allowed WITH the C&A balcony/suite discounts. Good to know.

Hi,

I just made a call to RCI ........ and sorry but no OBC based on my last year's made NC booking. Since they took off the 300 from the total price of the balcony cabin (my Daimond status benefit)....... no other benefit can be applied. So in my case the Next Cruise was benefitless booking and I will not do that again.

Money is really tight for them so they are saving every dol they can ...... even by not keeping the promise that they made in the NC ( the OBC).

Wes

When will this confusion stop?

This site is becoming a rumor mill.

RCL

PLEASE GET THE RIGHT INFORMATION TO YOUR LOYAL CRUISERS. THANKS

Hi,

Just about everything and anything on this or any other 'public' board can and may be considered " a rumor mill".

If 'you' want to "get the right information" - probably (IMHO) direct answer from RCI 'might' be the the 'right' one ..... and even that depends on if 'you' were lucky enough to talk to someone that knew the answer to your question or was just guessing.

In this particular thread I do not see any thing more or less wrong than on most of the threads and posts on this board.

People just reported what experience they did have - yours might be different .

Happy cruising with or without the OBC ..... in my case that OBC is not going to make or brake my cruising vacation. If RCI needs 'my OBC' to survive I will gladly give it up ...... I want them to be 'here' for my next cruise.

Wes

I booked thru' my TA and the Next Cruise OBC does show on my invoice. So, apparently from mine and wieslaw's experiences, Next Cruise OBC IS being allowed WITH the C&A balcony/suite discounts. Good to know.

Actually it is NOT! This is per the LA on Explorer...you can't combine ANYTHING! (Well, you CAN use the RC Visa...and maybe the stockholders obc! ) You have to choose between OBC and Diam.C&A coupons...

now if the agent did permit both, they are wrong, you are lucky and keep your toes and fingers crossed that RC doesn't figure it out!

Hi,

I just made a call to RCI ........ and sorry but no OBC based on my last year's made NC booking. Since they took off the 300 from the total price of the balcony cabin (my Daimond status benefit)....... no other benefit can be applied. So in my case the Next Cruise was benefitless booking and I will not do that again.

Money is really tight for them so they are saving every dol they can ...... even by not keeping the promise that they made in the NC ( the OBC).

Wes

this IS correct....you must pick the discount you want. I suppose that if someone really wants to argue that the NC was purchased before the rules changed, you should be able to double dip....

(but i agree, RC needs to permit extra discounts and to fill up the ships, and to get the info roght among all LAs, TAs and RC customer (dis)Service reps!

Archived