Precruise Questions

ILOVEMEXICO

We are staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott in Ft Lauderdale for one night before our cruise and would like to pickup some pop, water and a couple bottles of wine - where is the best place to buy these items close to the hotel. Thought we'd pick them up the night before. Any recommendations for dinner other than right in the hotel.

How far is how far the hotel is from the pier?

Thanks....

I don't know how close it is to your hotel, but if its a reasonable distance try a store called Total Wine. Its huge and has just about every wine imaginable, along with the harder stuff and soda (pop). I believe you can even pre-order on line. When I went there they even boxed the wine bottles up for me so that they wouldnt get damaged bringing them on board. Plus they usually have a tasting table set up :D

Check with the Marriott - they may have a courtesy shuttle that will provide local transportation.

Hollywood Beach Marriott shows on their web site as south of the port in A1A and Ft Lauderdale proper is north of the port. Princess ships typically sail out of the north end of the port, and Total Wine is just northwest of the north entrance, maybe 5 miles from you but you probably won't want to go through the port since they ask for ID.

There is a Publix food market across from Dania Ja Alai on Dania Beach Blvd that you will probably pass going to your hotel from the airport. There are a ton of stores along Federal Blvd US1 but not much near the beach. This is the main north/south road that goes between the airport and the port.

Local folks can certainly provide more info. We just drove down there the night before last our cruise and didn't find much. I'm looking at my Garmin mapping software at the moment. Most stores and restaurants not tied to a hotel are on US1 or the roads that connect the barrier island to the mainland. We ate at a Boston Market on one of the cross roads just south of there.

We are staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott in Ft Lauderdale for one night before our cruise and would like to pickup some pop, water and a couple bottles of wine - where is the best place to buy these items close to the hotel. Thought we'd pick them up the night before. Any recommendations for dinner other than right in the hotel.

How far is how far the hotel is from the pier?

Thanks....

A beautiful hotel, but not near anything. Unless the hotel has a complimentary shuttle, you need a taxi to 17th St. There you will find everything you want; Publix market (they sell wine); Total Wine and More and many places to have dinner. The hotel itself is quite close to the port entrance; I'm guessing 2 miles give or take.

The closest Publix to your hotel is on Sheridan St, east of US1 - definitely not walking distance. If you're okay picking up your goodies on the day of embarkation, I would go with the suggestions to shop at the Total Wine and Publix by the port.

Your hotel is fabulous - Hollywood Beach is great - but the only shops, that I know of, within walking distance, are pricey convenience stores.

Actually the advice to pick-up things in Dania across the JaiAlai is the best advice - it's directly enroute to the port from there. You didn't mention whether you had a rental car or would be taxi -ing. The ride - not including the stop for supplies would be about 20 minutes (there are lights and traffic to deal with - could be slightly longer). Distance-wise not too far and you can see the ships leave port from there.

I've stayed at this property several times. The rooms are bit on the small side but quite nice and the pool bar is quite enjoyable and right on the beach. The pool itself iS small. If you have a car, turn left out of the hotel and drive about 1.5 miles south. On the right hand side, just before the bridge is a great restaurant Billy's Stone Crab. They have swing tables outside overlooking the intercoastal and great stone crab. There are a couple of other restaurants right in this area, too.

This is a great place to start your vacation! Enjoy

Archived