Duty free shop Barcelona port?

MAZANDSTEVE

If you board the ship and then go back to the shops in the terminal, be sure to bring your passport along with your ship's boarding card. We filled up a small duffle bag with water, soda and other spirits at the shops, and headed back to the escalators. We were stopped and asked for our Seapass and passport. After explaining we had already checked in, they allowed us to proceed. (Never questioned our heavy bag!:D)

If your ship is not leaving the EU you are not entitled to buy anything duty free!
Very handy shop. But I suspect there is nothing "duty free" about it. Especially as there were some sort of tax samps included with our purchase.

I don't recall any bourbon. I think - but can't swear - they had JD, which is good enough for most bourbon drinkers. I'm sure they had Canadain Club if you can deal with cheap Canadian whisky.

Can any of you tell me if there's bourbon in this shop? That's the only thing my DH drinks (I'm a wino), and we're wondering if we can even find it in Barcelona.

DH only drinks Jack Daniels and they had that but can't tell you what other bourbon they had.

Edited by joandian

We were on the Celebrity Solstice that sailed on 9/17/11. Once you go through the ship's security--x-ray machines and metal detectors--you pass some duty free shops selling beer, wine, alcohol, soft drinks, and water. You can buy whatever you want and as much as you want and carry it on the ship. I went on the ship with my carryon luggage, which included two bottles of wine. Once we met most of our friends that had boarded the ship before us, four of the guys, including me, got back off the ship and went to the duty free store. I bought two bottles of red wine (6 euros per bottle), 6 cans of tonic water (8 euros), and a 6 pack of 1-1/2 liter bottles of water (8 euros) and took these items back on the ship without any problem.

John

OK so if you get through the security check point and then go to the shops to purchase your wine and you walk onboard without paying the corkage fees what happens when you show up for dinner with your bottle of wine and it doesn't have a sticker on it showing you paid the corkage fee. They also can look you up in the computer I assume to see if you prepaid corkage fees. Has anyone experienced this?

We are sailing on NCL so I assume there are shops in this Terminal as well.

How is the selection of wines at these shop and prices compared to El Corte?

Thanks

Edited by Ed

• 3 weeks later...

I have travelled on the Epic and various Princess ships and the x-ray machines were onboard the ship, but booze is not what they're looking for...just weapons and explosives. Sailing Costa Serena on Wenesday, might do a little shopping;)

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'd be interested in an update on this too. And also double checking whether they sell 'Duty Free' to a UK national as we are part of the EU and not officially entitled to buy any. Just curious.........

Sailed late June. Bought a few extra bottles of wine for my stateroom and walked right on. No further checks.... The cashier was warning those buying hard liquior to place the bottles in their carry on vs shopping bag (sailed on celebrity so wine was ok)....

To be honest I don't know if it was really "Duty Free" or not... Was never asked to see my passport (like any other true duty free). Like many shops in international airports it may not be actually duty free just in the departure area.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

We are travelling out of Barcelona next month on celebrity, I know we are entitled to a couple of bottles of wine anyway for the cabin so can't imagine a big deal purchasing it at that duty free? Or do people put that in their checked luggage?